New Skirtcraft Wrap Skirt Design

General discussion of skirt and kilt-based fashion for men, and stuff that goes with skirts and kilts.
finrod
Distinguished Member

New Skirtcraft Wrap Skirt Design

Post by finrod »

Hello! :) Here is a new Skirtcraft wrap skirt design that may become a product. It has pockets, is made of 100% organic cotton with no plastic or metal hardware, and is a bit lighter weight than our existing products. The photos are of a rough initial prototype. Colors TBD.

I'd be grateful for anyone's feedback via this short survey: https://forms.gle/trr6DhTReYEtMjd16

Thanks! Survey link again: Skirtcraft Wrap Skirt Survey

Joe
rode_kater
Member Extraordinaire

Re: New Skirtcraft Wrap Skirt Design

Post by rode_kater »

Nice design, not a fan of the cord but that's a nitpick.

Mostly annoyed that importing this into Europe is really expensive.
6ft3Aussie
Member Extraordinaire

Post by 6ft3Aussie »

Yes I think it's OK, but for us downunder in Australia, it's an expensive skirt with the exchange rate of approx $AUD 1.00 = $USD 0.71, then add probably $USD30 for shipping.
Big and Bashful
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Big and Bashful »

I like the general shape, not a fan of wrap skirts though and the cord would really annoy me, specially if it got into a knot that didn't want to undo.
I am the God of Hellfire! and I bring you truffles!
miloshlavka
Distinguished Member

Post by miloshlavka »

Big and Bashful wrote: Mon Aug 30, 2021 6:25 pm ... and the cord would really annoy me, specially if it got into a knot that didn't want to undo.
I think that the cord on this skirt is long enough to tie a knot that can be untied (similar to a knot on a shoe laces). But then, of course, there is the danger that it will untie and the skirt will fall off. Which can be very annoying if we are freeballers. :lol:

Otherwise, it's a nice skirt.
Everyone should be honest and prudent: to keep promises and, on principle, never to promise anything to anyone.
Sorry for my English. I try not to make spelling mistakes, but for this reason my writing is very slow.

Miloš H., Nový Knín, Central Bohemia
Layne

Post by Layne »

Yea - I’d order it today if it were available.
Dust
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Dust »

Looks promising. If the price is right, I'd probably pick one up. I don't care about organic, and don't necessarily think 100% cotton is always the way to go, but it's worth a try. Also, bigger pockets are always better.

Let us know when this will be available. Are you just self funding this, or will it be a Kickstarter style pre-order like your first one was?
Sinned
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Sinned »

I have one wrap skirt and I'm not sure if I like it or not. Not sure about the tie fastening. My retail company is increasing its range of products based on recyclability or sustainability. So using cotton or linen instead of say, polyester or bamboo or wood instead of plastic, so linen or cotton for the skirt would probably be the way to go. Would I buy it? Maybe, if the price was right.
I believe in offering every assistance short of actual help but then mainly just want to be left to be myself in all my difference and uniqueness.
floatingmetal

Post by floatingmetal »

I like the look, although a bit a concern about the cord and the hole on left it goes through. Haven’t been keeping an eye on the exchange rate lately but I think the threshold for import duty is now higher than last time I imported something so would consider it, since I have and like the other two SkirtCraft styles.
Kirbstone
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Kirbstone »

If they ditched the chord and supplied it with ordinary belt loops & button or velcro fastening I'd then begin to consider the total price including Customs loading &c. The deep pockets are a must, of course.

Tom
Carpe Diem......Seize the Day !
Rokje
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Rokje »

I own 4 Unaligned skirts from them that I bought a couple of years ago. Still in great shape, and I love the big pockets they have.
Be proud to wear a skirt or dress, they are just clothes. Yes , they are for men too
I'm Marica, I'm a 59 year old girl.
Learning Norwegian: Jeg er Marica.

8)
Dust
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Dust »

No Velcro! Please, no Velcro!
Sinned
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Sinned »

Now I would have preferred velcro over the tie or multiple clips. Maybe the option to choose either velcro or the tie?
I believe in offering every assistance short of actual help but then mainly just want to be left to be myself in all my difference and uniqueness.
crfriend
Master Barista

Post by crfriend »

The problem with Velcro is that if (when!) anything goes wrong it's death on fragile fabrics (e.g. tights). It's great stuff for lots of applications; however, "nice" clothing isn't one of 'em. Too, it has a limited life-span and eventually the loops all break leaving nothing for the hooks to engage which is when it turns into very bad news indeed.

I'd take ties over Velcro for this application any day. Ties are also more adjustable in the same vein as what happens with very coarse digital sampling of the fundamentally analogue world...
Retrocomputing -- It's not just a job, it's an adventure!
pelmut
Member Extraordinaire

Post by pelmut »

crfriend wrote: Sun Sep 05, 2021 4:55 pm ... it has a limited life-span and eventually the loops all break leaving nothing for the hooks to engage
Are you sure this happens with genuine original Velcro, or was it an inferior Chinese rip-off?  I've seen Velcro decades old and still working as good as new.
There is no such thing as a normal person, only someone you don't know very well yet.