Polo inside or outside ?

General discussion of skirt and kilt-based fashion for men, and stuff that goes with skirts and kilts.
denimini
Member Extraordinaire

Re: Polo inside or outside ?

Post by denimini »

Some men's shirts are just too long to go untucked with mini skirts.
mens_T_untucked_P1173191.jpg
mens_T_tucked_P1173201.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Anthony, a denim miniskirt wearer in Outback Australia
STEVIE
Member Extraordinaire

Post by STEVIE »

denimini wrote: Sun Feb 06, 2022 1:22 pm Some men's shirts are just too long to go untucked with mini skirts.
mens_T_untucked_P1173191.jpg
mens_T_tucked_P1173201.jpg
Put another way, when does a shirt morph into a dress?
That one could qualify easily by the standards of today.
The skirt is kind of superfluous,
Steve,
Sinned
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Sinned »

Steve, I've put those questions to MOH and not had a good answer. At what hem length does a T-shirt or a shirt or a polo turn into the equivalent dress? As for tucked in or out well, there's not a definitive answer. I tend to wear out but then sometimes I tuck in. I was always told that if a shirt had a shaped hem it was for tucking in otherwise it could be left out. But then I never have followed what you're supposed to do and can wear either out ( or in ).

Anthony, just please yourself - you're wearing a skirt so they aren't going to look at whether your shirt is tucked in or not.
I believe in offering every assistance short of actual help but then mainly just want to be left to be myself in all my difference and uniqueness.
Eborian
Distinguished Member

Post by Eborian »

I tend to wear my polo shirts tucked in.
Myopic Bookworm
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Myopic Bookworm »

I've been experimenting with kilts. Convention requires a formal shirt to be tucked in, and this tends to look better also with a polo shirt or a T shirt. Recently, with non-tartan kilts, I have tried tucking a lightweight sweater in too, and decided that this also generally looks better, especially since I tend almost invariably to wear a kilt with a belt, which becomes pointless if the belt is hidden by the top. But a thick Aran jumper does not easily tuck in, so that just has to hide the belt.