Found a use for those skirt hanging straps - any other skirt hacks?

General discussion of skirt and kilt-based fashion for men, and stuff that goes with skirts and kilts.
Coder
Member Extraordinaire

Found a use for those skirt hanging straps - any other skirt hacks?

Post by Coder »

I have a few skirts that have "hanging" straps on them - these let you hang them by a strap rather than use a clip-style hanger on the waist. They are somewhat of an annoyance, but realized today that I could clip my key retractor to one as this particular skirt doesn't have belt loops. The strap itself isn't very strong - but I only have one key on this retractor so it's fairly light, and it hangs just below my untucked shirt.

Any skirts hacks you want to share?
moonshadow
Member Extraordinaire

Re: Found a use for those skirt hanging straps - any other skirt hacks?

Post by moonshadow »

Sometimes I sit on the back stoop outside and do things like peel potatoes. I find when I drop one by accident, if I'm wearing a skirt, it won't hit the ground as it lands in the skirt instead.

Also, standing over an air register blowing gently on hot summer days (air conditioning) or on cold winters nights (heating) feels quite nice.
-Andrea
The old hillbilly from the coal fields of the Appalachian mountains currently living like there's no tomorrow on the west coast.
Dust
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Dust »

moonshadow wrote: Sat Aug 07, 2021 2:24 pm Also, standing over an air register blowing gently on hot summer days (air conditioning) or on cold winters nights (heating) feels quite nice.
This is the best feeling.... "quite nice" simply doesn't do it justice. My wife laughs sometimes when I do it, but it's how I survive the summer heat.
Charlie
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Charlie »

moonshadow wrote: Sat Aug 07, 2021 2:24 pm Also, standing over an air register blowing gently on hot summer days (air conditioning) or on cold winters nights (heating) feels quite nice.
Reminds me of the 1980's computer room with aircon vents in the floor. The girls in their dresses would stand over them in the summer and enjoy the cooling effect - not the same with trousers. I envied them and it was another small nudge towards skirt-wearing.
Charlie
If I want to dress like a woman, I'll wear jeans.