Blood Bank, Anyone?

General discussion of skirt and kilt-based fashion for men, and stuff that goes with skirts and kilts.
jjjjohanne

Blood Bank, Anyone?

Post by jjjjohanne »

The last two times I went to the blood bank and donated blood, I was wearing a skirt. They were very nice experiences. Really, there's not much to say. I wore something pretty. I donated blood. People were nice. I got to eat a pack of crackers. I really recommend the crackers... and the other stuff. :) Has anyone else ever done this?

Second question: Infrequently, there is a guy who "hovers" around me when I am wearing a skirt or dress. I cannot tell if he is one of us, or something else. That happened on my most recent blood donation. Does this ever happen to you?

I blogged about my experiences:
* https://joeypress.wordpress.com/2021/08 ... ing-blood/

Joey
r.m.anderson
Member Extraordinaire

Re: Blood Bank, Anyone?

Post by r.m.anderson »

Why would there be any concern - is your blood skirted also and classified by type A B O+ O- mini thigh knee calf ankle ?

Does being on the receiving end of skirted blood make a difference ?

And I just love those Lorna Dunn cookies and strong sugared beverages to restore the blood system.

Oh and nice outfit blending in !

And this "Hovering" guy what about him - does he have fangs and is waiting to pounce - leave no blood left circulating ? LOL !
"YES SKIRTING MATTERS"!
"Kilt-On" -or- as the case may be "Skirt-On" !
WHY ?
Isn't wearing a kilt enough?
Well a skirt will do in a pinch!
Make mine short and don't you dare think of pinching there !
mishawakaskirt
Member Extraordinaire

Post by mishawakaskirt »

Joey,
This person that hoveres around.
Do they give you any external markers, the way they dress or act in any way that would suggest they are open to other clothing options, etc?

Let's face it guys in skirts are a oddity and curiosity to most people.

If there is a dead space in conversation and activity, and they are near by. You could open endedly just ask what do you think? Or do you have any questions?
See how they respond? Most likely they will stammer about, at that point you could comment that they seem curious, and you have noticed that they tend to hang around, and that you don't mind.
He may very well be curious, but don't know what to say?
If they know you are open to discussion they make talk to you.
In the last 3 years I have seen two men in kilts, one man in a mix of men's and women's clothing, he was wearing a women's coat and top and purse. No makeup or wig, etc. And most recently I saw a man in full CD mode from head to toe. I did not interact with any of them. Not sure how to break the ice, and all 4 instances I was with my wife or sister.

He might be afraid of what his co-workers will think. If they catch on that he Is curious about wearing skirts.

Remember us underground skirters are very guarded about what we say and do regarding skirts. Cafe is the exception.
My wife and sister know about my Skirts, and three of my closest friends and their wives only know that I wear kilts, to my knowledge no one else knows that I know of.
It's been a long time struggle to decide who,when, and what to tell people. I told my wife back when we first started dating. I don't regret telling her, but I perhaps regret trying to downplay it to a random infrequent oddity of mine. Turns out it's a lot more important to me than I thought.

Sorry drifting off course.

The other thing you could do is slip him a paper with a simple note of sorts.

Men in skirts?
Join me in the discussion at the Skirt Cafe
WwwdotSkirtcafedotorg
Mishawakaskirt @2wayskirt on Twitter

Avoid the middle man, wear a kilt or skirt.
Sinned
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Sinned »

As a family we used to be regular blood donors. Then I developed diabetes and had medication to take. Not my fault but they no longer wanted it and one by one we drifted off donating. Shame, really, because I am the Universal Donor, O Rh- and my type is always in short supply. On my own I would go skirted but alas I stopped being a donor before I discovered skirts.
I believe in offering every assistance short of actual help but then mainly just want to be left to be myself in all my difference and uniqueness.
moonshadow
Member Extraordinaire

Post by moonshadow »

I'd just ask him, in a friendly manner of course...
-Andrea
The old hillbilly from the coal fields of the Appalachian mountains currently living like there's no tomorrow on the west coast.
Kirbstone
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Kirbstone »

Mine is 0-negative, acceptable to all, but because of CJD (Mad Cow disease) between certain dates in the UK, the Irish BB didn't want mine. I'm too old now, anyway.

Tom
Carpe Diem......Seize the Day !
Sinned
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Sinned »

Ah, Tom, the CJD explains a lot! At least you have an excuse for your off-centre humour. I have none but my environment and upbringing. The Golden Age of Comedy from the 1940's onwards has been a fertile ground for me.
I believe in offering every assistance short of actual help but then mainly just want to be left to be myself in all my difference and uniqueness.
Kirbstone
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Kirbstone »

Ah Dennis! I didn't say I contracted the disease....I merely resided in the Yookeigh between certain dates, while it was going on, somewhere.

My antidote for po-facedism was supplied by a Brisbane dentist for whom I worked for a time near Heathrow Airport. His mother tongue was Strine, and he'd put his mouth into a flat shallow grin and say: 'y'vegottahaveasinseayumah' :bom:

Tom
Carpe Diem......Seize the Day !
Sinned
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Sinned »

As for the CJD - what can I say? When you show the symptoms.... :lol:
6ft3Aussie
Member Extraordinaire

Post by 6ft3Aussie »

I'm a regular plasma donor, type O+ (most common), and the staff at the donor centre know me by name.

Last Saturday I was in there, wearing a black utility kilt, short sleeve shirt with my Levi jacket over.
Not one comment or unusual glance, they've seen me wear the kilt before, although not for a while.
No unusual looks from other donors either.