Online live meeting anyone?

General discussion of skirt and kilt-based fashion for men, and stuff that goes with skirts and kilts.
Fred in Skirts
Member Extraordinaire

Re: Online live meeting anyone?

Post by Fred in Skirts »

Well lots of talk, so lets set a date and time to try and see if it will work.... Since I am not a morning person late afternoon EDT US would be good for me but what ever you want lets try it....
"It is better to be hated for what you are than be loved for what you are not" Andre Gide: 1869 - 1951
Always be yourself because the people that matter don’t mind and the ones that mind don’t matter.
moonshadow
Member Extraordinaire

Post by moonshadow »

I'm game, though I can never fully guarantee an available time slot, all I can say is the best possible times for me are anytime from 9pm-11pm est. Possibly earlier but that's about the time I wind down for the day.
-Andrea
The old hillbilly from the coal fields of the Appalachian mountains currently living like there's no tomorrow on the west coast.
Ray
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Ray »

I’d be up for it. Don’t mind which app.

Bit tricky though seeing what wonderful attire each of us will be sporting!
Big and Bashful
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Big and Bashful »

Ray wrote: Sat Jul 24, 2021 8:24 am I’d be up for it. Don’t mind which app.

Bit tricky though seeing what wonderful attire each of us will be sporting!
Don't know about Zoom, but when we Skype we have our webcam things doing video, not a pretty sight!
I am the God of Hellfire! and I bring you truffles!
Elisabetta
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Elisabetta »

Moon and I can just setup under Moon's PC as we're husband and wife.I can chime in every once in awhile.
"When life gets blurry adjust your focus."
Big and Bashful
Member Extraordinaire

Since I recieved a package in the mail yesterday, containing a shirtdress, which fits pretty well, I would probably give that a test flight.
Faldaguy
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Faldaguy »

Zoom is easy even for non-techies. Just mute mics or work from a quiet room (no coughing/laughing)! No reason you can't have multiple times and whoever is available can chime in; or pick another day and time -- mix and match meetings. The only issue is if these are recorded those leery of being "seen" may have a concern. I've no idea where these might go, but seems an easy experiment that could be fun and informative. The 40 minute time limit can be overcome easily with the host having a paid account (still cheap) and break-out rooms can offer get togethers on specifics, or groups for whatever reason -- both self-selected or assigned is possible.
Big and Bashful
Member Extraordinaire

Oh well, use Zoom if you want to, I am not going near it thanks to the security problems, the 40 minute limit and the fact that I spend a lot of time on Skype (free, no limit on time) and on Teams (part of the Office subscription and very poor compared to Skype) and am not going to install/use yet another thing that doesn't do anything different apart from time out.

Oh yes, there is also Farcebook Messenger (also free), I have used that as well.

Nurse! the screens, sorry! wine!
quantum

Post by quantum »

Our people have used Zoom in the past, but I'm thinking of giving Jitsi https://meet.jit.si/ a go as there is no time limit, 100 people can join and uses your normal web browser, nothing to download or install.
--
Ian
Fred in Skirts
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Fred in Skirts »

Ok, lets just set a time and date, like moon anytime between 8PM EDT to 12 midnight works for me on most any night. I think we should try zoom since not everyone needs to have it their computer and all you have to do is go to a website sent out by the host of the meeting. ( At least that is my understanding of the way it works.)
What say you all is it yea or nay....
"It is better to be hated for what you are than be loved for what you are not" Andre Gide: 1869 - 1951
Always be yourself because the people that matter don’t mind and the ones that mind don’t matter.
Elisabetta
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Elisabetta »

Not sure if anyone here uses Gmail but you can also do meetings there and I'm sure they're free of charge .I don't think you have to download anything.
"When life gets blurry adjust your focus."
6ft3Aussie
Member Extraordinaire

Post by 6ft3Aussie »

I'd be possibly able to make a showing, however the biggest problem that we all face is that a time that works for some does not work for others.
My ideal time would be between 19.00 and 21.00 local, but our time zone is UTC + 10.

The problem here is that 12.00 mid day Saturday here is 19.00 Friday in California, and I think 22.00 in NY, but 02.00 Saturday in the UK.

It would be interesting to plot the time zones where we all live.
New-in-Skirts

Post by New-in-Skirts »

I'm not sure if I would want to get up at 3:00 am CDT in the US Midwest for a ZOOM meeting. This wouldn't bring everyone together but what would thoughts be on live get togethers. Narrowing down areas where folks live. Taking the US for example the Northeast, Mid Atlantic States, Southeast, Midwest etc. Then taking each of these and narrowing them down even further by state or a portion of a state. Then assigning each area for the lack of a better word a topic where those from those areas can gather and make plans. Just throwing this out there as food for thought.
Uncle Al

Post by Uncle Al »

My only comment would be to use a "forum" that is web-based, not App based.

Just my $.02 worth :D

Uncle Al
:mrgreen: :ugeek: :mrgreen:
Kilted Organist/Musician
Grand Musician of the Grand Lodge, I.O.O.F. of Texas 2008-2009, 2015-2016,
2018-202 ? (and the beat goes on ;) )
When asked 'Why the Kilt?'
I respond-The why is F.T.H.O.I. (For The H--- Of It)
moonshadow
Member Extraordinaire

Post by moonshadow »

Uncle Al wrote: Mon Jul 26, 2021 9:20 pm My only comment would be to use a "forum" that is web-based, not App based.

Just my $.02 worth :D

Uncle Al
:mrgreen: :ugeek: :mrgreen:
Seconded...

I don't really want to "download" anything...
-Andrea
The old hillbilly from the coal fields of the Appalachian mountains currently living like there's no tomorrow on the west coast.