Tacit Acceptance.

General discussion of skirt and kilt-based fashion for men, and stuff that goes with skirts and kilts.
Kirbstone
Member Extraordinaire

Re: Tacit Acceptance.

Post by Kirbstone »

Hi B&B, Talking about resizing pics to go into the Forum posts, my Windows 10 laptop has a very efficient resizing facility built in. When I import pics from my cameras they tend to arrive in my 'pictures' or 'documents' folders at about 22m pixels. I click on each, making it fill the screen, then right click on the pic. and the task bar has 'resize' half way down. Click on that and it tells you what size the pic actually is, while giving resizing options, the bottom one of which is to customise the dimensions.

From 6000 X 4000 I usually choose 1200 X 800, bringing the pixels down to about 250Kb without too much loss of detail and acceptable for posts to the Forum. I also make extensive use of the Editing cropping facility, which reduces the Kb count further.

Looking forward to seeing your next nail-biting narrowboating episode.....

Tom
Carpe Diem......Seize the Day !
Grok
Member Extraordinaire

Re: Tacit Acceptance.

Post by Grok »

Stevej180 wrote: Sun Jul 25, 2021 1:58 pm
STEVIE wrote: Wed Jul 14, 2021 7:42 pm
I don’t think it will ever become mainstream, as in widespread. But I do think society is generally becoming more open and tolerant of differences in how people express and present themselves.

A increasingly non-mainstream clothing choices are recognised as not being a threat, again, in general.

So mainstream? No. Widespread? No. Acceptable? In western society, yes. Just like goths or skinheads or heavily-tattooed people etc.
A couple scenarios for mainstream society:

!. Nothing much changes.

2. Modest change. One, or a few, designs are accepted as mainstream. Denim skirts, perhaps. Possibly sarongs. Resurrection of the night shirt.

Better than nothing, but not very interesting.