"Mens Skirts Are on the Rise"

General discussion of skirt and kilt-based fashion for men, and stuff that goes with skirts and kilts.
K_Highlander

"Mens Skirts Are on the Rise"

Post by K_Highlander »

Recent (July 8, 2021) article in Vogue: https://www.vogue.com/article/skirts-ge ... tyle-stars

"It can be daunting to shop for a skirt for the first time. So for those who are intrigued, Vogue asked five skirt lovers who don’t identify as women where they most feel safe and comfortable shopping for them."

Not my normal price range, but will be interesting to look at the different places.
Ken
Coder
Member Extraordinaire

Re: "Mens Skirts Are on the Rise"

Post by Coder »

K_Highlander wrote: Sat Jul 10, 2021 5:51 pm Recent (July 8, 2021) article in Vogue: https://www.vogue.com/article/skirts-ge ... tyle-stars

"It can be daunting to shop for a skirt for the first time. So for those who are intrigued, Vogue asked five skirt lovers who don’t identify as women where they most feel safe and comfortable shopping for them."

Not my normal price range, but will be interesting to look at the different places.
Ken
Not complaining - mind you - but wish they’d interview regular people like the folk here for a more down to earth approach.
STEVIE
Member Extraordinaire

Post by STEVIE »

Coder wrote: Sat Jul 10, 2021 6:28 pm Not complaining - mind you - but wish they’d interview regular people like the folk here for a more down to earth approach.
Sure it can be daunting but that just takes a bit of practice. It can also be good fun, there is something to be said for retail as a therapy. One major drawback to covid has been being unable to physically shop and try stuff on. Internet shopping has advantages but it cannot replace the tactile element of meat space.
I use Next and Marks and Spencer for much of what I buy and there has never been any awkwardness in either.
Equally, in smaller shops, which I do try to support too. all is usually quite relaxed and friendly.
Charity or Goodwill outlets can actually be the least judgemental of all but can take a lot of time and effort.
Just remember, the retailer wants/needs your hard earned cash and if they show the slightest disdain just take it to a more deserving place, The Price Bracket is not always so relative to the level of Customer Service that you might be lead to expect.
Their loss, your gain!
Steve.
partlyscot
Member Extraordinaire

Post by partlyscot »

The only thing I found interesting about that article is that Quin Lewis wears skirts even though he has a prosthetic.
crfriend
Master Barista

Post by crfriend »

partlyscot wrote: Sat Jul 10, 2021 10:31 pmThe only thing I found interesting about that article is that Quin Lewis wears skirts even though he has a prosthetic.
And what, precisely, is wrong with that? I'd posit nowt.
Retrocomputing -- It's not just a job, it's an adventure!
Sinned
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Sinned »

The trouble with these fashionistas is that the skirt can be the least contentious item of clothing that they wear.
I believe in offering every assistance short of actual help but then mainly just want to be left to be myself in all my difference and uniqueness.
Stu
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Stu »

I will believe men's skirts are on the rise when I can find them being sold in my local clothing stores. As things stand, that is not happening.
SkirtsDad
Member Extraordinaire

Post by SkirtsDad »

I thought this was going to be about min-skirts.... sorely disappointed ;-)

Looking at the actual article though, how many people are going to rush out and buy the £1,800 Prada slogan print pleated skirt that Louis Rubi is wearing? Comme des Garçons, that he seems to like also, is in a similar price bracket. I wonder how much he spends for skirts or kilts in his local vintage store? Barcelona is not know for being cheap.

I'll stick to my charity shops.
geron
Member Extraordinaire

Post by geron »

Victor Vegas looks so much like a teenage schoolgirl in that picture that it's hard to imagine that he meets any resistance at all to his skirts.