3 Years?

General discussion of skirt and kilt-based fashion for men, and stuff that goes with skirts and kilts.
Mike
Member Extraordinaire

3 Years?

Post by Mike »

It's been I think about 3 years since I started wearing skirts openly, dang near daily, in my every day life. Always with pantyhose, as those are my thing, lol. And 90% of the time with some kind of shoe from the womens department. My friends and family are so used to it, the only time they comment is if they see me wearing pants. If someone asks me why I'm wearing a skirt, my usual answer is, "I hate wearing pants!" And that's good enough.

My reason for this post is, well, I don't post about it anymore. Not because I don't want to post, but because skirt wearing has become so normal to me that I don't feel like I have stories to tell. Maybe I do, but skirts have honestly just become clothing to me. I usually get compliments on my shoes and painted toes, but nobody ever mentions the skirt. Well not ever, they do sometimes, but always positive. I've been through airport security, in court houses, work, my redneck bar in my little town, everywhere.

I do remember being self conscious at first, but soon it faded. My wardrobe is 95% skirts, 1% shorts, and 4% long pants if I had to guess.

And yes, sometimes I am Jennifer - meaning I fully cross dress. Not very often, maybe a couple of times a month. All of my friends and family know about her. My older brother knows about her, but said he never wants to meet her. I'm good with that. His wife and Jennifer sometimes go to lunch together though, and he's cool with that. Girls at my redneck bar ask me on dates if I'll go as Jennifer. So yeah, I'm out. I only mention this because maybe that's why everyone close to me doesn't give a hoot about my skirts? I dunno.

I feel dumb in pants or shorts, I do know that. I can never have my legs bare, unless I'm shaving them. Shaving is really hard on a pair of hose! I post this to say it's not that I don't want to post here, but that I really don't have much to say. I've completely accepted skirts as just something I wear. Not to be odd, but just because I honestly find them the most comfortable garment I can wear. I don't have any demons in my head about it, I don't even think about it. I don't think, "Well I have to go through airport security, I better wear shorts." I just put on my skirt like I normally do and get on the damn plane. Ya know?

So this post is a long and rambling explanation of why I don't post a lot. And I know I should more, to encourage others. I'll try. But in my head, I'm not doing anything special, different, or exciting. I'm just wearing clothes.

Oh and for the record... men are accepted in skirts, in every situation, in every small town or large city I've visited.

Hey, have a great day!
Mike

Who the hell is 'society' anyway?
JeffB1959
Member Extraordinaire

Re: 3 Years?

Post by JeffB1959 »

Good for you, Mike! I found your post highly interesting, especially in the way you've grown since you've started wearing skirts. Again, good for you! I certainly hope your journey continues.
I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman.
STEVIE
Member Extraordinaire

Post by STEVIE »

Hi Mike
I'd echo all that Jeff says too.
As for encouraging others, what do you think being out and about is?
We may never know how many we have caused to realise that there are alternative fashion for guys too.
Here in the cafe we have already got beyond that po[nt and questions do get answered.
Glad to hear and just keep enjoying yourself.
Steve.
PS regards to Jennifer too.
Mike
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Mike »

Thanks guys!
Mike

Who the hell is 'society' anyway?