LightHeart Gear skirt

General discussion of skirt and kilt-based fashion for men, and stuff that goes with skirts and kilts.
e2k2houck

Re: LightHeart Gear skirt

Post by e2k2houck »

this is my new lightheart gear hiking skirt
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Sinned
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Sinned »

It looks really good on you and I like the multicolour pattern, unusual. But a few inches too long for me. And I couldn't countenance the extra cost for them to shorten it.
I believe in offering every assistance short of actual help but then mainly just want to be left to be myself in all my difference and uniqueness.
photoguy207
Member Extraordinaire

Post by photoguy207 »

I have been wearing my LightHeart Gear (black and grey) and Purple Rain skirts (black, grey and brown) all summer while working at my studio photographing seniors etc. LightHeart has an option on their page to put in a snap to pull the front and back together. Purple Rain doesn't, but has them on their kilt so I emailed with the lady from Purple Rain and she put a snap on the ones I ordered from them. Both are really nice to deal with. Skirts are amazing, the LightHeart skirts are a little more roomy and have a snap and zipper, the Purple Rain is a little tighter and has a wide elastic band that holds the skirt up.

I have worn a skirt while photographing football photos, cheer and band photos on location, as well as school photos. In the extreme heat, and I was pretty cool! With the snap in place, I get the benefit of a skirt, while it looks like shorts to everybody else. Even my assistant didn't even notice until I showed her it unsnapped. I wear them unsnapped as much as possible, but when I am in public I have them snapped.

The pockets in both are incredible. The LightHeart skirt has 3 pockets on each side, one is like a cargo short pocket and has velcro, there is a second pocket on the outside of that one, that goes straight down and is great for a cell phone, then another pocket that is like a regular pocket for keys, change, etc. The Purple Rain skirt has 2 on each side. One straight down again, great pocket for a cell phone, an another one thats a regular looking pocket. For me as a photographer, having all of these pockets are great!
Faldaguy
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Faldaguy »

Nice to see some color out there! Length appears to impede easy full stride -- how is it for the high steps/logs/gaps when on the trail?
moonshadow
Member Extraordinaire

Post by moonshadow »

A nice skirt, but for that price... I feel like you're paying for the novelty.

I hope they're at least stitched by people making living wages...

It is nice to see a designer consider skirt stride, a simple feature lacking on many skirts.
-Andrea
The old hillbilly from the coal fields of the Appalachian mountains currently living like there's no tomorrow on the west coast.
e2k2houck

Post by e2k2houck »

Faldaguy wrote: Sat Sep 04, 2021 10:09 pm Nice to see some color out there! Length appears to impede easy full stride -- how is it for the high steps/logs/gaps when on the trail?
not at all, I climbed two 14ers yesterday with no problems