Skirts and legs casts

General discussion of skirt and kilt-based fashion for men, and stuff that goes with skirts and kilts.
tbryant2k12

Skirts and legs casts

Post by tbryant2k12 »

Just a random thought came in my head. While I've never had the misfortune of needing a leg cast or boot, but just thought wearing a skirt would be much easier to put on if your leg is in a cast. No need to thread the cast though narrow pant legs. That's just another reason why skirts are great.
r.m.anderson
Member Extraordinaire

Re: Skirts and legs casts

Post by r.m.anderson »

With that noted - take a cue from Hollywood - "Break a Leg" - Jolly good show - Carry On and so forth.

Curiosity with a leg in a cast - just how easy do you think it is going to be slipping into that skirt ?
Easier best thought make that a kilt or wrap skirt - no need to jump into - thru hoops !
"YES SKIRTING MATTERS"!
"Kilt-On" -or- as the case may be "Skirt-On" !
WHY ?
Isn't wearing a kilt enough?
Well a skirt will do in a pinch!
Make mine short and don't you dare think of pinching there !
6ft3Aussie
Member Extraordinaire

Post by 6ft3Aussie »

OK, I can testify as to how much easier it is to wear skirts/kilts/sarongs in this situation.
While I have not had the misfortune to have a leg cast, approximately 11 years ago I did suffer a tibial plateau fracture, basically I smashed the top of the tibia in my right leg at the knee joint.

If you want to know more about that, Mr Google will provide plenty of information.
It's not something that just heals like any other fracture, you have to be mentally able to cope with a 3 to 6 month recovery as a minimum, and the older you are the longer it might take.

After some 3 1/2 hours of surgery to reassemble the jigsaw aftermath and a week stuck in hospital, I had to endure a leg brace for an extended period of time. Trying to wear pants was a futile and very painful exercise, similar to trying to put on socks and shoes.
With very limited mobility, it was much easier to just wear something like a utility kilt or sarong that I could wrap around, do up and then back to doing whatever you were doing before.

To this day I still find that my toes are no closer than arms length even when sitting on the floor.

Also I have found sarongs really good when you're camping and you use the camp showers. Try putting on pants on a wet floor and not get them wet.
Chirp
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Chirp »

I have had many injury's over the year, Broke my ankle and foot. Kilt or skirt makes things way easier,
No one mess's with a big guy in kilt
Kirbstone
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Kirbstone »

Never broke anything and have no experience of leg casts or the like, but sure as Hell because of age-related general stiffness my feet are a lot further away than they used to be and nail-cutting and/or pulling socks is no longer a joke!

Tom
Carpe Diem......Seize the Day !
mishawakaskirt
Member Extraordinaire

Post by mishawakaskirt »

Actually I have given that some thought before. I hope I will never have a broken leg or need knee or hip surgery. I tore my meniscus in my knee about 7 years back. Currently it is not bothering me. Hopefully it will continue to be ok. In the event as I get older, it needs some work I will don my kilts, and maby a skirt or two.
Mishawakaskirt @2wayskirt on Twitter

Avoid the middle man, wear a kilt or skirt.
rode_kater
Member Extraordinaire

Post by rode_kater »

Wouldn't a dress be even easier? Throw it over your head, done.
rivegauche
Member Extraordinaire

Post by rivegauche »

I have twice seen female colleagues in dresses who ALWAYS wore trousers. Their explanation was that they had got sunburn and could not wear trousers. Do you think we could use this excuse?
tbryant2k12

Post by tbryant2k12 »

Just continues to show that the basics of skirts should not be limited to females. There is nothing gender specific about skirts. Just like shirts, pants, shorts, socks, etc. The original reason for men not wearing skirts no longer exists.

I like the thought of wearing a skirt for a bad sunburn on your legs is a good idea. Especially with the softer and smoother material skirts are made of.
Chirp
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Chirp »

I have had injury's and probs with my legs, Cream to help and Pantyhose to protect skin and help keep cream were it needed to be. Then with short or long skirt. Good to go,.
Pain in leg.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
No one mess's with a big guy in kilt