England; May the 17th be with you! Normality(ish) returns!!

General discussion of skirt and kilt-based fashion for men, and stuff that goes with skirts and kilts.
howardfh
Member Extraordinaire

England; May the 17th be with you! Normality(ish) returns!!

Post by howardfh »

Waiting for this for, what, 6 months, being able to go out and enjoy a pint inside; it's been a bitter Spring here so hardly skirting weather for drinking outside, even hiking, so finally be able to enjoy an indoor skirted beer or wine. No curfews either, get the last train home @ 11.30pm!!

With the onset of that Indian covid variant, this may be a short window - but hopefully if we return to outdoor activities only the weather will be warmer!!
moonshadow
Member Extraordinaire

Re: England; May the 17th be with you! Normality(ish) returns!!

Post by moonshadow »

Congratulations!

Don't feel too bad about the bitter spring... we had May like weather in March and March like weather all April and May here.

I have been running the heat up until just a few days ago. It's finally going to warm up this week to more May like temperatures.

It seems this was the year without a spring... we are going straight from winter to summer.
-Andrea
The old hillbilly from the coal fields of the Appalachian mountains currently living like there's no tomorrow on the west coast.
howardfh
Member Extraordinaire

Post by howardfh »

moonshadow wrote: Mon May 17, 2021 10:50 am I have been running the heat up until just a few days ago. It's finally going to warm up this week to more May like temperatures.
Oh tell me about it... April's gas useage was double last years :evil: :evil: :evil:
Kirbstone
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Kirbstone »

For England, read Ireland.
On March 17th St Patrick's Day we had afternoon temps of 17 degrees. Today May 17th it struggled to get over 10 degrees and heavy showers running into each other as well. Thoroughly unpleasant. Nothing nice in the forecast for the coming week, either.

Our Powers that Be are keeping pubs restaurants and Cetera shut for another while, alas. Tomorrow is MOH's 75th milestone birthday and I can't take her out anywhere. :blue:

Tom
Carpe Diem......Seize the Day !