Men's Kilt by Dangerfied in stores

General discussion of skirt and kilt-based fashion for men, and stuff that goes with skirts and kilts.
SkirtRevolution
Member Extraordinaire

Men's Kilt by Dangerfied in stores

Post by SkirtRevolution »

Way to go Dangerfield. Offering Utility Kilts for men in store.

Only yesterday I was lamenting how that still there are no skirt/kilt options for men in retail stores, Only to see this today. I commented to the sales woman how great it was to see the kilts (specifically for men). She totally agreed and said that they have been really popular and will probably remain a part of the standard options for guys.

To top this all off. As soon as I walked out of the store. A guy walked past wearing a kilt from OZKilt. He looked like he worked for the company.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by SkirtRevolution on Sat Apr 17, 2021 8:04 am, edited 3 times in total.
SkirtRevolution
Member Extraordinaire

Re: Men Kilt by Dangerfied in stores

Here is another pic
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
nzfreestyler
Member Extraordinaire

Re: Men's Kilt by Dangerfied in stores

Post by nzfreestyler »

Interesting... looks like there are two hem length options there as well?
Are they lined for comfort or are they like a scratchy woollen thing....

NZF
STEVIE
Member Extraordinaire

Post by STEVIE »

Way outside my locale but I certainly wouldn't expect these kilts to be lined.
Itchy scratchy is the macho way to go. Ha Ha
Steve.
They could also be a perfectly smooth synthetic or wool blend.
mishawakaskirt
Member Extraordinaire

Post by mishawakaskirt »

I went to the Dangerfield website, it looks like that they have two "kilt" offerings and two "skort" offerings.

The whole store tends to look like they cater for the edgy, grunge, rocker, Goth market (s)

The ladies side has a model or two with tons of Tat's (ink)

Not really my thing, Never exactly understood the tattoo thing, on men or women, especially women.

Tattoos are on my list of things I don't get.
Along with high heels, tights and pantyhose, glamping, viral tic toc videos, and Justin Bieber fans

Back to Dangerfield. The men's wear skirts/ skort s is a start. I found more on the women's side that I liked.
But when there are 140 offerings on the Shelia's side to 4 on the blokes side. You will have that.
However 4 is a start. Time will tell, someday perhaps us Skirt cafe members will be "in with the cool kids"
Bragging rights for sure "we skirted before skirts for men was "in"."

Here is a interesting thought, the very first conversion when one of your long time male family member, coworker, friend, shows up skirted for the first time.

In my best Columbo voice " very interesting"
Mishawakaskirt @2wayskirt on Twitter

Avoid the middle man, wear a kilt or skirt.
nzfreestyler
Member Extraordinaire

Post by nzfreestyler »

mishawakaskirt wrote: Sat Apr 17, 2021 11:45 pm
Not really my thing, Never exactly understood the tattoo thing, on men or women, especially women.

Tattoos are on my list of things I don't get.
Along with high heels, tights and pantyhose, glamping, viral tic toc videos, and Justin Bieber fans
I agree with you on all of that except I couldn't get by without my high heels.

As for Ink/tattoos - perhaps I am a little peculiar in that I have had 7 piercings, still have 5 - but never tattoos/ink. I have considered some tasteful subtle tattoo designs - mainly for my feet/ankles but I can't imagine retiring etc and having tattoos ? It just seems wrong - and at least a piercing can be removed if need be - a tattoo is there for good - and don't they distort/fade etc as your skin ages?

NZF
r.m.anderson
Member Extraordinaire

Post by r.m.anderson »

Tattoos can be removed by Laser but the canvas will never be of original parchment texture.
Some colors are easier than others to remove or cover up.

Re: Those piercings after awhile the hole will be evident even if the jewelry has been removed for some time.
The skin may grow back together over the piercing but with firm pressure the stud pin can be pushed back through the re-growth.

As with any piercing the degree of pain can vary from individual to another in the initial hole punching - continued pain irritation
may indicate an infection or rejection of the piercing - somethings were NOT to be especially with cheap metal jewelry.

I have double piercings in both ears and wear jewelry in sort of coordination with the skirts I have.
When wearing kilts I do not wear jewelry.

In earlier years I had nipple piercings - an interesting experiment in pain management resulting in migration of the piercing.
Subsequent removal was necessary - it just plain and simple did not work well !
Careful selection of non abrasive irritating clothing was foremost in this sensitive area.
"YES SKIRTING MATTERS"!
"Kilt-On" -or- as the case may be "Skirt-On" !
WHY ?
Isn't wearing a kilt enough?
Well a skirt will do in a pinch!
Make mine short and don't you dare think of pinching there !
nzfreestyler
Member Extraordinaire

Post by nzfreestyler »

I had dermal piercings (dermal anchors) on the back of my thighs - on each leg, but removed them a few years back. They have left a teensy weensy mark but almost unnoticeable.

My navel - my upper navel piercing grew out on me and I had to have it redone in 2019. I was told that's quite common for that piercing.

I had my nipples done in Sep last year (just before our summer) and it has been fine since healing. Hurt a lot more than I expected. Totally worth it for fun.

Jewellery is an accessory that we can coordinate too, so you're right on there - its nice to change out for something that coordinates with your outfit.
JeffB1959
Member Extraordinaire

Post by JeffB1959 »

I've debated getting my ears pierced so I can wear regular earrings instead of clip-ons which I sport on my outings as I don't fully dressed without them. Tattoos? NAHHHHHH! I'll pass. I don't even like getting ink on my fingertips from a busted pen, never mind having someone use my skin as a canvas.
I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman.
6ft3Aussie
Member Extraordinaire

Post by 6ft3Aussie »

These guys have a store in one of my local malls, about 10 minutes away from here. Maybe I should go and have a look.

Some interesting offerings, and kudos to a local store stocking these in a mainstream setting like this.
6ft3Aussie
Member Extraordinaire

Post by 6ft3Aussie »

SkirtRevolution wrote: Sat Apr 17, 2021 8:02 am Here is another pic
What was the quality and weight like? The prices are not exorbitant either, so if they turn out to be popular that can only be a good thing.

I too seen a fellow wearing what looked like an OzKilt, but it was not anywhere near one of their stores, but to have a guy who worked there wearing one while on the job is good.
Sinned
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Sinned »

Jeff, I pierced both my ears myself. I lined up a biro mark first to ensure that I got the piercing in the right place, a bit of ice to numb the area and then a thickish but sharp needle. I can't remember hos I got the ear ring shaft to follow the needle as it withdrew. Thinking back on it I think that I pierced from behind and allowed the shaft to follow the withdrawing needle from the front. Alternatively you could get it done professionally using a gun. I've been told that because the piercing is so quick it's painless except for being a little soreness afterwards. I did both ears in the 1980's and have had very few problems in all these years. I change ear rings every two or three days. Some ear rings I can't sleep in because they dig into the ear in which case I take them out otherwise I leave them in at night. Studs with a gemstone are a favourite but I like fun ones as well - rainbows, christmas themed - all sorts. I don't have any reaction to cheap metals so I buy them from ASDA, Primark and others. Some react to cheap metals so can only use gold, platinum or silver. Only you knows what works for you. I do get comments about my ear rings, especially the fun ones. Go for it.
I believe in offering every assistance short of actual help but then mainly just want to be left to be myself in all my difference and uniqueness.
SkirtRevolution
Member Extraordinaire

6ft3Aussie wrote: Mon Apr 19, 2021 11:25 am
SkirtRevolution wrote: Sat Apr 17, 2021 8:02 am Here is another pic
What was the quality and weight like? The prices are not exorbitant either, so if they turn out to be popular that can only be a good thing.

I too seen a fellow wearing what looked like an OzKilt, but it was not anywhere near one of their stores, but to have a guy who worked there wearing one while on the job is good.
The weight was light for a utility kilt (which I liked). The tartan was lighter than the black. The tartan was the same as the womans kilts. The sales lady said they were popular since being released which is awesome.
howardfh
Member Extraordinaire

Post by howardfh »

Regarding the above comments about uncomfortable fabric (scratching etc) I wonder how many of us have worn an underskirt under our skirts? I haven't but often considered it if the skirt's particularly itchy.
Chirp
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Chirp »

I took quick look and there price is right in the same range as other tartan and utility kilts.
No idea on how well they will sell for them, They went with basic main colors and black one,
The good thing is there on display and on the rack's. Odds are more woman will buy them for there
other half then men that walk in to get one.

Time will tell.
No one mess's with a big guy in kilt