what to wear underneath?

General discussion of skirt and kilt-based fashion for men, and stuff that goes with skirts and kilts.
Sinned
Member Extraordinaire

Re: what to wear underneath?

Post by Sinned »

denimini, there is a garment that fulfills your requirements - the skort. Though it does seem that several on this site "ruin" the garment by cutting the shorts out.
I believe in offering every assistance short of actual help but then mainly just want to be left to be myself in all my difference and uniqueness.
r.m.anderson
Member Extraordinaire

Post by r.m.anderson »

Sinned wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 8:04 pm denimini, there is a garment that fulfills your requirements - the skort. Though it does seem that several on this site "ruin" the garment by cutting the shorts out.
Some those skorts could be beneficial in that the inner liner is a compression type brief -
Then there are those with a loose fitting boxer type brief - not so good.

As for cutting that inner liner out - well you are at least left with a skirted outer covering that was the objective -
and then wearing whatever your little ole heart wants to wear for unmentionables -
a sort of win - win.

In addition to the thought of a compression type brief consider what is called bike or cycling pants -
These can be of minimum (shortie) inseam length about 1-4 inches and then the more traditional
length half way to the knee.
For the biker these can have a padded crotch piece really of comfort when riding those banana seats
that are trying to split the torso apart - although too much padding makes one walk funny.

There are no wrong answers here - just a pure matter of personal comfort and avoiding flesh irritating problems.
"YES SKIRTING MATTERS"!
"Kilt-On" -or- as the case may be "Skirt-On" !
WHY ?
Isn't wearing a kilt enough?
Well a skirt will do in a pinch!
Make mine short and don't you dare think of pinching there !
moonshadow
Member Extraordinaire

Post by moonshadow »

In the interest of health I'll post this...

On long summer hikes in the hills, often times cotton underwear with the little "opening" can cause a chaffing rash that last for days. I recall one time it got so bad even sitting or bathing was difficult.

If I plan ahead I'll wear one of my pair of spandex/nylon briefs. They solid across the front (no opening) thus do not have the extra stitching that can lead to chaffing, and the fabric is moisture wicking, whereas cotton just absorbs.

These are available in the MENS department (no fetish!) at any department store (Walmart) or I imagine a sporting goods store.

It's underwear designed for active lifestyles. Highly recommend, I have no chaffing issues when wearing them.
-Andrea
The old hillbilly from the coal fields of the Appalachian mountains currently living like there's no tomorrow on the west coast.
Jim
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Jim »

In the interests of health, wear nothing underneath. Air is healthiest. However, you might have other interests competing with health. :D
geron
Member Extraordinaire

Post by geron »

moonshadow wrote: Tue Apr 13, 2021 1:51 pm It's underwear designed for active lifestyles. Highly recommend, I have no chaffing issues when wearing them.
Ahem, chaffing != chafing -- though either may be uncomfortable ;-) However, you can at least do something about chafing....
Sinned
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Sinned »

Jim, we are not all in the position or declavity to go commando. And, favouring short skirts, the wisdom sans protective underwear is highly inadvisable. Not wanting to be arrested as a pervert or exhibitionist is not something I would wish to have on my record. :lol:
I believe in offering every assistance short of actual help but then mainly just want to be left to be myself in all my difference and uniqueness.
Kirbstone
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Kirbstone »

It's a long shot to expect to get the General Public onside if you wish to go 'out and about' in 'The Emperor's new clothes'.

I dislike skinny-dipping, too.

Tom
Carpe Diem......Seize the Day !
nzfreestyler
Member Extraordinaire

Post by nzfreestyler »

the talk of commando had just reminded me of a tried and true favourite of many skirt wearers...

Commando brand lingerie make shapewear - they now have a half slip with a short inside it. I think they're calling it a skort - but its more shapewear than a skort.

Its a nylon/elastane quality manufacture and would hit you a few inches below your fingertips. It is seamless because its really intended for smoothing ones derriere under a pencil skirt, I've tried it on and its definitely a shapewear garment - quite high waisted fit and firming but not restrictive, doesn't feel like you're really being squeezed.

Most likely be good coverage for the inner thighs if thats the issue? And would help your skirt sit better too?

Available in Nude/Black as far as I could find. I googled it and found its available overseas too - or wherever you folks are.

As an after thought would wearing hosiery help? Would need to be a strong but very slick style hosiery - like a high nylon sheer where they have a firm feel on but are a sheer to waist sort of style pantyhose. Like the Levante Velatissima/Vanessa/Lia (I think I spelt that correctly) its available in pantyhose too (Lia) - that has a very strong durable weave but is 10 denier sheer - making your legs ultra smooth feeling if they rub. Just a thought. And honestly Levante hosiery is very durable despite it being sheer. Its almost the only hosiery brand I wear (when I wear hosiery).

pic of the slip/skort here
pic of Levante Lia
Ray
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Ray »

I also wear Levante sheer hosiery. They are good quality. No chafing here!
nzfreestyler
Member Extraordinaire

Post by nzfreestyler »

Ray wrote: Sat Apr 17, 2021 6:27 am I also wear Levante sheer hosiery. They are good quality. No chafing here!
yeh - you can't beat a little quality!
I usually wear Vanessa or if my hemline is shorter than mid thigh I'll wear Velatissima and skip my suspenders.
Ray
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Ray »

I wear Levante Class 12 denier tights, and sometimes Brilliante. I like a sheen to my legs.

I also wear Wolford, Falke, Trasparenze and -, when they were being sold - Gerbe sheer tights for men.
nzfreestyler
Member Extraordinaire

Post by nzfreestyler »

Ray wrote: Sat Apr 17, 2021 8:13 am I wear Levante Class 12 denier tights, and sometimes Brilliante. I like a sheen to my legs.

I also wear Wolford, Falke, Trasparenze and -, when they were being sold - Gerbe sheer tights for men.
Hi Ray,

I prefer a matte leg - but again there's so much variety out there. Transparence have neat designs - I like to wear their flambouyant back seams.

Do Gerbe do sheers for men. Thats actually quite cool - I never knew that. I know my style/taste is for more feminine legwear and shoes but its neat that they did produce and market sheer hosiery for men. I wonder was it slow uptake that ceased production?
JeffB1959
Member Extraordinaire

Post by JeffB1959 »

10 denier? Whoa! I had no idea numbers went that low! Talk about super sheer! And a few months ago, I wore 200 denier tights on a winter outing! :lol:
I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman.
nzfreestyler
Member Extraordinaire

Post by nzfreestyler »

JeffB1959 wrote: Sat Apr 17, 2021 8:59 am 10 denier? Whoa! I had no idea numbers went that low! Talk about super sheer! And a few months ago, I wore 200 denier tights on a winter outing! :lol:
Hiya JeffB
I don't wear more than 15 denier ever - typically 10.

They can get sheerer still though - I also have a lot of 7 and 6 denier stockings. No kidding there.
JeffB1959
Member Extraordinaire

Post by JeffB1959 »

nzfreestyler wrote: Sat Apr 17, 2021 9:03 am
JeffB1959 wrote: Sat Apr 17, 2021 8:59 am 10 denier? Whoa! I had no idea numbers went that low! Talk about super sheer! And a few months ago, I wore 200 denier tights on a winter outing! :lol:
Hiya JeffB
I don't wear more than 15 denier ever - typically 10.

They can get sheerer still though - I also have a lot of 7 and 6 denier stockings. No kidding there.
WOW! Anything THAT sheer is practically barelegged! :lol:
I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman.