The Art of Wearing a Miniskirt

General discussion of skirt and kilt-based fashion for men, and stuff that goes with skirts and kilts.
denimini
Member Extraordinaire

Re: The Art of Wearing a Miniskirt

Post by denimini »

oldsalt1 wrote: Fri Apr 09, 2021 12:29 am here is a mini that i wore to the V A hospitalScan_20200306 (3).jpg
Great outfit OS
Anthony, a denim miniskirt wearer in Outback Australia
JeffB1959
Member Extraordinaire

Post by JeffB1959 »

Thanks for the comments, everybody! Much appreciated!

Now, I'll agree that miniskirts are not for everyone, and even I had doubts about them in the beginning. But, if you can pull it off and have the courage to do so, wearing a mini makes for a fabulous experience.
I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman.
new2skirts
Member Extraordinaire

Post by new2skirts »

mishawakaskirt wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 1:49 pm
Fred in Skirts wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 6:17 pm Great tips for wearing what I can not, but wish I could.
Mini's are for those who do not look like a pregnant elephant as I do. For those that are like me then a skirt with a length just at the top of the knee is best for short skirts. I like mine at or below the middle of the knee. I do envy those who can wear a mini and more power to you. If and that is a very big IF I ever do wear a mini it would have to be at least 3/4 of the way down to my knee. :lol: :mrgreen:
I second Fred on your post on it does have some great tips.
But unlike Fred I probably look like a pregnant grizzly bear ( lots of body hair)

Even if I were the very model of a modern major-general.
With a killer physique I wouldnt care for mini skirts.

The limitations brought on by a mini skirt make them impractical.
The biggest being accidental exposure is enough deterrent for me. I don't ant the potential risk of somehow having the police stopping by with accusations.
Then the hot or clingy surfaces gives additional cause to stay away.

Once the skirt is at the knee I don't find that the skirt gets anymore comfortable as it gets shorter.

I have several plain skater style skirt s I use under my kilts sort of like a slip. They are in a 16 to 18 inch range.
Due to my height and build I find that skirts from 20 to 22 long Is my optimum length. Being just slightly above the knee to mid knee.
22 inches is as short as I go. I just prefer knee length pencils, denim if for a casual day, or my more formal workwear. They are airy enough due to a generous rear slit, I don't mind if legs or stocking tops are occasionally on view. As for exposure, if it happens, it happens. I don't go out of my way to flash my knickers but the rare possibility of exposure comes with such a garment. The coolness on a summer day surpasses shorts!

I applaud guys who wear mini's as I think the effort to stay decent is a challenge, as well as piping hot surfaces on the backs of ones legs :shock: :wink:
Formerly Kilty / Joe Public etc...
KenCT

Post by KenCT »

Thanks for a good laugh, Anthony! Though I'm trying not to picture the former PM.
STEVIE
Member Extraordinaire

Post by STEVIE »

Images of contraband Melopsittacus undulatus aside was the PM in question comfortable in his attire?
The crucial point is comfort in all it's aspects.
Being comfortable and confident in your choice of clothing in general is the greatest factor in being able to "pull it off" as Jeff says.
Short skirt, long skirt or questionable swimwear if you can't be comfortable you won't enjoy so it rather defeats the object.
Just don't be too timid in testing your own limits and pushing some boundaries as you never know what is just around the corner.
Steve.
JeffB1959
Member Extraordinaire

Post by JeffB1959 »

STEVIE wrote: Sat Apr 10, 2021 7:33 amBeing comfortable and confident in your choice of clothing in general is the greatest factor in being able to "pull it off" as Jeff says.
Short skirt, long skirt or questionable swimwear if you can't be comfortable you won't enjoy so it rather defeats the object.
Quite right. Something else to take into consideration is if you act timid, nervous or furtive while in public, that could attract the attention of curious passersby, leaving them to invariably wonder what you're up to. As I've already stated, behave like what you're wearing is no big deal, because it's not. Period. Full stop. End of story. Also, you have every bit as much of a right to wear a skirt in public as any woman, last time I checked, there's no law on the books against it, so don't be shy about wearing one.
I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman.
hairy
Member Extraordinaire

Post by hairy »

I have about 30 plus skirts and not even one of them reaches my knees. its mini's only for me.