5.11 Tactical Kilts..

General discussion of skirt and kilt-based fashion for men, and stuff that goes with skirts and kilts.
Regular Guy

5.11 Tactical Kilts..

Post by Regular Guy »

The once a year Offering of the tactical kilt is available again.

What began as an April Fool’s joke some years ago, proved to be a hit! Now every year they offer the kilts end of March until they run out. It looks like several sizes are already sold out. This year the colors are camo, a drab green and black.

I ordered another in black to accommodate my new (larger) waist size. I really like the front trouser like Roomy pockets. Personally , I don’t use the snap on cargo pockets. I remove them and just the flap stays.

I don’t know how to provide a link, but you can see them at 5.11tactical.com. Fwiw, in past years they DO sell out quickly.

RG
Just a ......‘Regular Guy’ .......Kilted or Skirted
shadowfax
Member Extraordinaire

Re: 5.11 Tactical Kilts..

Post by shadowfax »

Regular Guy wrote: Wed Mar 31, 2021 10:16 pm The once a year Offering of the tactical kilt is available again.

What began as an April Fool’s joke some years ago, proved to be a hit! Now every year they offer the kilts end of March until they run out. It looks like several sizes are already sold out. This year the colors are camo, a drab green and black.

I ordered another in black to accommodate my new (larger) waist size. I really like the front trouser like Roomy pockets. Personally , I don’t use the snap on cargo pockets. I remove them and just the flap stays.

I don’t know how to provide a link, but you can see them at 5.11tactical.com. Fwiw, in past years they DO sell out quickly.

RG
Here you go. :)

5.11 Commando Kilt - Camouflage
5.11 Upholder Kilt - Green or Black
RADIATE

Post by RADIATE »

*Many thanks* for the reminder. Definitely going to order ASAP.

Long story short, found a 5.11 on ebay a couple years ago. Perfect condition, priced right, etc. Great material & great look. But, the actual waist size was about 2-3" larger than marked. Too loose even for my heaviest winter weight. The waist could be altered, but its not as easy as it sounds. Have to take in both sides, & match the pleats. Not enough free time anymore. Easier to order the correct size & resell the current one.
6ft3Aussie
Member Extraordinaire

Post by 6ft3Aussie »

That link does not seem to work in Australia, as it seems to force you to go to 511tactical.com.au, and they do not have these on their site, that link comes up with the old 404 error...

If I was going to get one it would be a black 38".......

Anyway.. On with my day.
Raakone
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Raakone »

6ft3Aussie wrote: Fri Apr 02, 2021 5:07 am That link does not seem to work in Australia, as it seems to force you to go to 511tactical.com.au, and they do not have these on their site, that link comes up with the old 404 error...

If I was going to get one it would be a black 38".......

Anyway.. On with my day.
I'm Canadian, eh? We also don't have access to the Kilt. "ONLY IN AMERICA", as they say.
Sinned
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Sinned »

Yet I am able to see the items in the UK. Still too expensive for me. A bit too long as well.
I believe in offering every assistance short of actual help but then mainly just want to be left to be myself in all my difference and uniqueness.
Uncle Al

Post by Uncle Al »

Ref 5.11 Tactical Kilts - -
I would love to have one :kiltdance: but, they don't offer sizes
larger than a 42" waist. :twisted: I'm back up to a 44" waist :oops:

( Omar the tent maker, doesn't offer them either ;) )

Uncle Al
:mrgreen: :ugeek: :mrgreen:
Kilted Organist/Musician
Grand Musician of the Grand Lodge, I.O.O.F. of Texas 2008-2009, 2015-2016,
2018-202 ? (and the beat goes on ;) )
When asked 'Why the Kilt?'
I respond-The why is F.T.H.O.I. (For The H--- Of It)