Heeled knee high boots

General discussion of skirt and kilt-based fashion for men, and stuff that goes with skirts and kilts.
Tackleberry
Member Extraordinaire

Heeled knee high boots

Post by Tackleberry »

I bought myself a pair of knee high heeled boots, they’re pointed at the foot and my god are they uncomfortable and I’m hoping that they’ll break/wear in enventually...
nzfreestyler
Member Extraordinaire

Re: Heeled knee high boots

Post by nzfreestyler »

Tackleberry wrote: Sat Mar 13, 2021 10:02 pm I bought myself a pair of knee high heeled boots, they’re pointed at the foot and my god are they uncomfortable and I’m hoping that they’ll break/wear in enventually...
As a big high heel advocate .... sorry to hear that... I presume you are used to heels before buying a boot?
Often in a boot its best to size up - kind of depends on the fit of the boot around the ankle mostly - but if you are talking toe shape - it should be the same as normal shoes?
Tackleberry
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Tackleberry »

nzfreestyler wrote: Sun Mar 14, 2021 12:26 am
Tackleberry wrote: Sat Mar 13, 2021 10:02 pm I bought myself a pair of knee high heeled boots, they’re pointed at the foot and my god are they uncomfortable and I’m hoping that they’ll break/wear in enventually...
As a big high heel advocate .... sorry to hear that... I presume you are used to heels before buying a boot?
Often in a boot its best to size up - kind of depends on the fit of the boot around the ankle mostly - but if you are talking toe shape - it should be the same as normal shoes?
Yeah I have a few pairs of boots, these are the first heeled pair and they point inwards at the toes too...
nzfreestyler
Member Extraordinaire

Post by nzfreestyler »

Tackleberry wrote: Sun Mar 14, 2021 9:50 am

Yeah I have a few pairs of boots, these are the first heeled pair and they point inwards at the toes too...
Good luck - they should come right.
Pointy toes are the most typical style for a heeled shoe. You get used to it.
Its amazing how pointy you can wear after a few years... and that happens without you realising how small your toe area has become!
kingfish
Member Extraordinaire

Post by kingfish »

Heels do take practice.

The balls of the foot may get sore very as the habit of stomping the whole foot down at once quickly gets erased, and the habit of putting the weight on the heel of the foot, even the new height gets driven quickly home. The ankles may get sore for a little while as the tendons and ligaments stretch/relax while adapting to the new operating anglea(s).

And after dusting off my high heeled boots for the first time in months last week, I found my own feet also giving that painful "You're out of practice" messasge.

Regular subsequent outings will acclimate your feet to the new walking style, and it will take longer each time before those things start to get sore. In other words keep On Strutting. It gets better.
rivegauche
Member Extraordinaire

Post by rivegauche »

I have several pairs of high-heeled boots and my black pair has pointy toes. I don't wear them very often as I find boots enclose my legs even more claustrophobically then trousers. Funnily enough on clod days I have taken to wearing black leather flat-heeled knee-high boots to go out in trousers. Due to the height of the boots I need to wear tights, which I prefer to socks in any case. They are slightly noisier on hard surfaces than male footwear but not the extent of drawing attention.
JeffB1959
Member Extraordinaire

Post by JeffB1959 »

kingfish wrote: Sun Mar 14, 2021 6:33 pm Heels do take practice.

The balls of the foot may get sore very as the habit of stomping the whole foot down at once quickly gets erased, and the habit of putting the weight on the heel of the foot, even the new height gets driven quickly home. The ankles may get sore for a little while as the tendons and ligaments stretch/relax while adapting to the new operating anglea(s).

And after dusting off my high heeled boots for the first time in months last week, I found my own feet also giving that painful "You're out of practice" messasge.

Regular subsequent outings will acclimate your feet to the new walking style, and it will take longer each time before those things start to get sore. In other words keep On Strutting. It gets better.
Everything you said is very much true. I have four inch heeled thigh boots which I used to wear a lot and were as comfortable to me as my bedroom slippers, but, after having not worn them in awhile, getting back into them, even for a scant few minutes resulted in the "You're out of practice" message. While I feel more at ease in heights at three inches and under, I want to return to my four inchers, but I understand I'll have to do it gradually.
I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman.
nzfreestyler
Member Extraordinaire

Post by nzfreestyler »

I hope those boots are better and you are enjoying them?