On the way

General discussion of skirt and kilt-based fashion for men, and stuff that goes with skirts and kilts.
russ272

On the way

Post by russ272 »

Well....I got off the fence and ordered two skirts....a black one from Romwe...and a Khaki...from Chic Classic....will probably order a denim and black from "woman Within"...based on the feedback from others on this site...just in time for warm weather.....my intent is to give up wearing shorts....is good to read all the positive comments on this site..

Till the skirts arrive....I made a stop at the local "Academy Sports"....picked up over sized cotton T-shirts....that wear like a dress...just above my knees...feels very comfortable....and "free swwinging"
r.m.anderson
Member Extraordinaire

Re: On the way

Post by r.m.anderson »

Those "beach cover up 'T' shirts" a good way to acclimate the legs to a new found airiness
and practice basic modesty moves since the edition of "Wearing Skirts 101" is no longer in print.
"YES SKIRTING MATTERS"!
"Kilt-On" -or- as the case may be "Skirt-On" !
WHY ?
Isn't wearing a kilt enough?
Well a skirt will do in a pinch!
Make mine short and don't you dare think of pinching there !
denimini
Member Extraordinaire

Post by denimini »

Always exciting getting new skirts in the post and trying them for the fist time - quite addictive really.
Long "T" shirts are great. I often wear them as night wear (sleeveless also) and around the house in the evenings. With a belt they can look quite respectable.
r.m.anderson wrote: Mon Mar 08, 2021 8:41 pm ......... since the edition of "Wearing Skirts 101" is no longer in print.
I have a first edition in hard cover :)
Anthony, a denim miniskirt wearer in Outback Australia
moonshadow
Member Extraordinaire

Post by moonshadow »

denimini wrote: Tue Mar 09, 2021 3:16 am Always exciting getting new skirts in the post and trying them for the fist time - quite addictive really.
Ah yes, that giddy feeling one gets when you get that notification that you have a new skirt... note, the feeling is just as good when it's any package!

I found myself getting excited when I ordered a box of belts for my sander, books, stickers, washing machine parts, you name it!
-Andrea
The old hillbilly from the coal fields of the Appalachian mountains currently living like there's no tomorrow on the west coast.
Sinned
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Sinned »

dm, is it signed?
I believe in offering every assistance short of actual help but then mainly just want to be left to be myself in all my difference and uniqueness.
rode_kater
Member Extraordinaire

Post by rode_kater »

moonshadow wrote: Wed Mar 10, 2021 2:29 am note, the feeling is just as good when it's any package!
In Dutch we have a word for this: voorpret. Literal translation, "pre-fun". It's the excitement you get from something before it actually happens. I'm sure everyone has had the experience of the "voorpret" of a holiday being better than the holiday itself. One should always take advantage of pre-fun when it happens!
moonshadow
Member Extraordinaire

Post by moonshadow »

rode_kater wrote: Wed Mar 10, 2021 8:57 pm In Dutch we have a word for this:....
*sighs* Made me think of beachlion... :wink: He always had little fun translations.

I sure do miss his post.
rode_kater wrote: Wed Mar 10, 2021 8:57 pm I'm sure everyone has had the experience of the "voorpret" of a holiday being better than the holiday itself. One should always take advantage of pre-fun when it happens!
As I get older, I think my favorite part of the holidays is just the joy and overall festive atmosphere with family and friends.
-Andrea
The old hillbilly from the coal fields of the Appalachian mountains currently living like there's no tomorrow on the west coast.