A Guy’s Guide to Getting Skirted

General discussion of skirt and kilt-based fashion for men, and stuff that goes with skirts and kilts.
Uncle Al

A Guy’s Guide to Getting Skirted

Post by Uncle Al »

I just read A Guy’s Guide to Getting Skirted which is a 'sub-article' of a 'sub-article', from miloshlavka's
post in Men in skirts Links. It is quite reasonable and makes sense of the 'connundrum' of the conflict
that 'Western Men' make for themselves. It covers about 90% of Skirt Cafe' members and men in general.

For anyone new to Skirt Cafe', I highly recommend reading the article.
Also to some of the 'Long Time' skirt wearers. You may see similarities between the article and your personal experiences. :D

Uncle Al
:mrgreen: :ugeek: :mrgreen:
Kilted Organist/Musician
Grand Musician of the Grand Lodge, I.O.O.F. of Texas 2008-2009, 2015-2016,
2018-202 ? (and the beat goes on ;) )
When asked 'Why the Kilt?'
I respond-The why is F.T.H.O.I. (For The H--- Of It)
Grok
Member Extraordinaire

Re: A Guy’s Guide to Getting Skirted

Post by Grok »

I like the matter of fact tone of the article.
Sinned
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Sinned »

Of course there are some aspects that we ( I ) disagree with as evidenced in our threads and posts. His comments on denim, for example, are contrary to our advice on here. We would advocate a denim skirt as an ideal first skirt because of its apparent "invisibility" to others. Also denimini, SD and I, to name just 3 at random, would disagree with his comments on the miniskirt. Hey, but on the whole a very positive article, well written, and the basis for a newbie to use. Well spotted, UA.
I believe in offering every assistance short of actual help but then mainly just want to be left to be myself in all my difference and uniqueness.
STEVIE
Member Extraordinaire

Post by STEVIE »

That could easily have been written from the cafe.
Good for starters which lead to greater things.
Freestyle rules OK!
Steve
crfriend
Master Barista

Post by crfriend »

STEVIE wrote: Wed Mar 03, 2021 7:18 pmThat could easily have been written from the cafe.
He was here for a while, and seemed to fit in pretty well.

Sadly, he later "went dark", and was later found to have been formally charged with indecent exposure following an ill-advised "experiment". Somebody was not well trained in risk-management. I do not know about the disposition of the case(s).
Retrocomputing -- It's not just a job, it's an adventure!
denimini
Member Extraordinaire

Post by denimini »

crfriend wrote: Wed Mar 03, 2021 11:35 pm Sadly, he later "went dark", and was later found to have been formally charged with indecent exposure following an ill-advised "experiment".
They say we learn from failure, although I have not seen compelling evidence.
Anthony, a denim miniskirt wearer in Outback Australia
STEVIE
Member Extraordinaire

Post by STEVIE »

Good Morning
Carl, thanks for that bit of enlightenment. It puts his comment about micro minis into context anyway.
Even so, I'd file it away under "hints and tips" Useful as a guide until such time as I became a frequent traveller,
denimini wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 3:49 am They say we learn from failure, although I have not seen compelling evidence.
I'd quite agree. the triumph of hope over experience is rather unshakeable in some folks.
I also rather wonder if certain areas of human activity would exist without it, the fashion industry perhaps?
Steve
moonshadow
Member Extraordinaire

Post by moonshadow »

It's too bad he got into trouble, because aside from the legal woes resulting from his "experiments", he struck me as a well rounded ambassador for gender equality with regards to what we wear, he's also a good writer.
-Andrea
The old hillbilly from the coal fields of the Appalachian mountains currently living like there's no tomorrow on the west coast.
Big and Bashful
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Big and Bashful »

denimini wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 3:49 am
crfriend wrote: Wed Mar 03, 2021 11:35 pm Sadly, he later "went dark", and was later found to have been formally charged with indecent exposure following an ill-advised "experiment".
They say we learn from failure, although I have not seen compelling evidence.
Most people learn from their mistakes, unfortunately they learn how to repeat their mistakes again and again!
I am the God of Hellfire! and I bring you truffles!