Flare "pants" aka skirt

General discussion of skirt and kilt-based fashion for men, and stuff that goes with skirts and kilts.
skirtyscot
Member Extraordinaire

Flare "pants" aka skirt

Post by skirtyscot »

Gentlemen: do you want to wear a skirt but find yourself struggling with the idea of juxtaposing the words "man" and "skirt"? I bring you relief in the form of "flare pants".

https://gbr.grandado.com/products/skirt ... ouEALw_wcB

Modelled without ghastly undertrousers, which is a good thing.

Gotta love the confusing heading "Skirt Men's Men's Pants Women's"! It covers all the bases, I suppose.
Keep on skirting,

Alastair
moonshadow
Member Extraordinaire

Re: Flare "pants" aka skirt

Post by moonshadow »

Perhaps we can just call it "one pant" (a opposed to "a pair")
-Andrea
The old hillbilly from the coal fields of the Appalachian mountains currently living like there's no tomorrow on the west coast.
Coder
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Coder »

It sold out twice two times THIS YEAR already!
Kirbstone
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Kirbstone »

Despite there being several pics, none reveal the 'divide' or whether it has pockets. Waistband looks stretchy, and as is common, no sizing info., so what's XL, M ?
The length looks like Moon frequently wears, but I'd want it a few inches above the kneecap and not necessarily in black. Barbie pink, anyone ?

Tom
Carpe Diem......Seize the Day !
denimini
Member Extraordinaire

Post by denimini »

No, a pair, there are definitely two recepticles for lower limbs .......... they have a BIG INSEAM.
Ok for those who like that sort of garment but call it for what they are; a pair of pants. I agree about the men's/women's bit but that should be applicable to nearly all items of clothing.
Anthony, a denim miniskirt wearer in Outback Australia
skirtyscot
Member Extraordinaire

Post by skirtyscot »

Are you sure, denimini? I've only looked at it on my wee phone screen, but I can't see a divide at all. A seam doesn't imply a divide between the legs. Picture 4: the material is all away to the model's right, with little left round the left leg, and no divide apparent. Picture 5: a long stride but no hint of any divide, and again not a lot of fabric going with the forward leg. Picture 6: clearly not divided at the centre pleat. The model could be wearing it twisted round a bit, so the divide is one pleat round to his right, but that would be a bit odd. Also contrast with the other similar garment linked at the bottom of the page: the picture of the garment laid out flat clearly shows separate legs.

But I may be wrong. It has happened before.
Keep on skirting,

Alastair
moonshadow
Member Extraordinaire

Post by moonshadow »

skirtyscot wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 11:47 pm Modelled without ghastly undertrousers, which is a good thing
I'm glad I'm not the only one who gets annoyed when celebs and models do that....

They just gotta wear the pants to make it legit... :roll:
-Andrea
The old hillbilly from the coal fields of the Appalachian mountains currently living like there's no tomorrow on the west coast.
Sinned
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Sinned »

Maybe the model has both legs down one tube. But if there are two tubes then it cries out for, if possible bring split into two skirts. There's enough material. Out of my price range though.
I believe in offering every assistance short of actual help but then mainly just want to be left to be myself in all my difference and uniqueness.
STEVIE
Member Extraordinaire

Post by STEVIE »

Hmmm, I'd give it a "nice try" kind of reaction.
As a skirt there is plenty there for the money at least.
As a really weird sort of hybrid, nope it does nothing for me at all.
It does kind of remind me of something female gym teachers wore when I was at school,
The thing looked like a skirt but was actually really loose long shorts, ugh!
Steve.