Tartanista Skirts and Kilts

General discussion of skirt and kilt-based fashion for men, and stuff that goes with skirts and kilts.
photoguy207
Member Extraordinaire

Tartanista Skirts and Kilts

Post by photoguy207 »

I just discovered Tartanista Skirts and Kilts while looking for a kilt on Amazon for St Patricks Day. I did a search on the forum and see they have been talked about here over the years and I never checked them out before.

I ordered this:
https://www.amazon.com/Tartanista-Irish ... r=8-3&th=1

I ordered it on Feb 14th and it arrived Feb 22nd, way ahead of the March 2nd to 16th time frame.

I got a size 18 and it fits perfectly and I wear size 38 pants. It is the 20" kilt skirt, I wanted that because the kilt version is 24" and it is too long for me. Fabric is really nice. Has a button to fasten the inside and two straps for the outside of the wrap. It comes with a pin. Might have to get the black too.

I plan on wearing it on St Patricks Day along with a sweater I got in Gallway when visiting Ireland 2 years ago.
Kirbstone
Member Extraordinaire

Re: Tartanista Skirts and Kilts

Post by Kirbstone »

Hi Photoguy,
A few years ago I too ordered two Tartanista 'kilted skirts, which close on the left, or Womens' side, but who'd notice ? They are made of soft woven wool and won't hold their crisp shape like more expensive kilts. That said, they are OK, but skimp on material, so the front overlap is incomplete, but the 'free' pin should hold the hem in place, so no gap will occur as you do the 'Riverdance' or whatever!

Later on I invested in a Thompson Camel kilted skirt from Kilts & More. This has plenty of material for tight pleats at the back, sewn down some 7 inches from the waist, also a full front overlap, which has a nice weight to it. They're all 23", required to reach to the top of my knee, which I like. Standard 24" on me reaches official mid-knee. That is formal and better for weddings &c.

Tom
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Carpe Diem......Seize the Day !
Kirbstone
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Kirbstone »

Pic 3. My internet is so bad it crashed twice loading this.

So does the drink!...... Slainte!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Carpe Diem......Seize the Day !
photoguy207
Member Extraordinaire

Post by photoguy207 »

I love the look and feel, paired with some Snag tights and Dr Martens.
IMG_5512.JPG
bretthov

Post by bretthov »

appreciate the links on both amazon and kilts and more. looking to buy my first kilts this weekend. Where did you get your tights from?
Sinned
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Sinned »

ASDA, Tescos, any place really. Choose your denier and off you go.
I believe in offering every assistance short of actual help but then mainly just want to be left to be myself in all my difference and uniqueness.
bretthov

Post by bretthov »

thanks - ordered a few kilts this weekend - a causal one from sportkilts and a mid weight one from affordable kilts. will be looking to order from kilts and more this week
photoguy207
Member Extraordinaire

Post by photoguy207 »

bretthov wrote: Thu Apr 15, 2021 5:51 pm appreciate the links on both amazon and kilts and more. looking to buy my first kilts this weekend. Where did you get your tights from?
https://snagtights.us/

https://snagtights.com/