thanks for admitting me

General discussion of skirt and kilt-based fashion for men, and stuff that goes with skirts and kilts.
dresscodes

thanks for admitting me

Post by dresscodes »

good day all I have been looking all over the net trying to find some place where i can find other men wearing skirts/ dresses to.
I have been wearing skirts/dresses for a while, no i am not gay or a crossdresser. gee i hate that word crossdresser. like why is it only men get tagged with that word? any how i hope now i can get more info men wearing these.
I live on the west coast of canada hope to be active in this site but will have to see.
dresscodes
Faldaguy
Member Extraordinaire

Re: thanks for admitting me

Post by Faldaguy »

Heck, 'admission here' is almost as easy as the public admits your choice of attire --- pretty much universal; and fitting in should be easy too with the range of attire those in this group have adapted.

West Coast of Canada was an old stomping ground for me, mostly before the days I had the balls or brains to wear my skirts openly or often, but it strikes me from then and since (one sister still in BC, another a bit east in Alberta) that most of your territory should be very accepting of your skirts. Your propensity for pantyhose/stockings may be rather useful this time of year! :D If the world is safe for travel again, I hope to be in the Okanagan in August for a family gathering, skirted as always these day. Dive into the threads here and be encouraged, and know there are a lot more MIS than you may have realized, albeit some are still hiding at home. Welcome from Costa Rica.

Pura Vida
Daryl
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Daryl »

dresscodes wrote: Sun Feb 14, 2021 12:13 am good day all I have been looking all over the net trying to find some place where i can find other men wearing skirts/ dresses to.
I have been wearing skirts/dresses for a while, no i am not gay or a crossdresser. gee i hate that word crossdresser. like why is it only men get tagged with that word? any how i hope now i can get more info men wearing these.
I live on the west coast of canada hope to be active in this site but will have to see.
Welcome to the group.

I live in Toronto but was raised in Alberta for part of my early life. I recently returned to Alberta to attend some conferences, once in Edmonton in 2015 and once again in Calgary in 2019. I don't think I even packed a pair of trousers for those trips. I especially don't like wearing trousers when I fly. My wife and I visited the mountains and the badlands during the trip to Calgary. I felt like no one even noticed that I wasn't wearing pants.

The term "crossdresser" really highlights how gendered fashions are much more restrictive of men than of women. The mere fact that it has become a gendered term illustrates this. It's like "drag queen". How often do we hear the term "drag king"? Almost never.
Daryl...
Sinned
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Sinned »

Welcome, dresscodes, from this currently cold island of ours. We have members as far afield as Australia/New Zealand, Eastern Europe, Africa and of course North America an countries in between. All with the commonality of liking to wear skirts/dresses and other garments. Read other posts /threads and you'll realise how diverse we can be yet still have a common cause. Keep in touch as you'll actually get more out of the site by regular posts. Good luck and stay safe.
I believe in offering every assistance short of actual help but then mainly just want to be left to be myself in all my difference and uniqueness.
Fred in Skirts
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Fred in Skirts »

:welcome:
Welcome Dresscodes to the one place where you can be open about what you enjoy wearing. We are a friendly bunch of folk here and we will enjoy reading your posts.
Fred in South Carolina
"It is better to be hated for what you are than be loved for what you are not" Andre Gide: 1869 - 1951
Always be yourself because the people that matter don’t mind and the ones that mind don’t matter.
partlyscot
Member Extraordinaire

Post by partlyscot »

Welcome. I am from Calgary, but a trip to Vancouver was the first time I spent several days wearing skirts. Since then I have started wearing them more or less full time.
Grok
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Grok »

dresscodes wrote: Sun Feb 14, 2021 12:13 am no i am not gay or a crossdresser. gee i hate that word crossdresser. like why is it only men get tagged with that word? any how i hope now i can get more info men wearing these.
dresscodes
The membership is fairly diverse, dresscode. Some members are "freestylers" who borrow from "the other side of the aisle", that is, they purchase garments that are marketed to women. Other members purchase garments that are marketed to men, such as kilts. Still others make their own garments.

This venue is not frequented by the classic "Tranny" (Transvestite)-they have their own venues.
Chirp
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Chirp »

Hi and welcome Dresscode, I'm moving back out to the sunshine coast in 2023
No one mess's with a big guy in kilt