Skirt ??????

General discussion of skirt and kilt-based fashion for men, and stuff that goes with skirts and kilts.
denimini
Member Extraordinaire

Skirt ??????

Post by denimini »

Here is a rationale for men to wear mini skirts ................ "Oh, it is just a shirt tail extension"
Anthony, a denim miniskirt wearer in Outback Australia
Sinned
Member Extraordinaire

Re: Skirt ??????

Post by Sinned »

I would wear those even though there is no indication of their length. They look short.
I believe in offering every assistance short of actual help but then mainly just want to be left to be myself in all my difference and uniqueness.
denimini
Member Extraordinaire

Post by denimini »

Sinned wrote: Tue Dec 22, 2020 11:16 am I would wear those even though there is no indication of their length. They look short.
You can tell your OH that they are marketed as fake shirt tails ............. hmmm then you will be guilty of going pantless :(
rode_kater
Member Extraordinaire

Post by rode_kater »

Ha, nice! I think I'd wear that.

I've always been annoyed that my t-shirts sometimes raise above my waist at the back when leaning over, and since I've gotten interested in sewing I've been thinking of making a t-shirt that's much longer to avoid this. At what point does it cease being a t-shirt and become a dress? :D I suppose the distinction is indeed if you're going pantless or not.
Sinned
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Sinned »

rode_kater, at what point does a T-shirt become a T-shirt dress? I've posited this question to MOH and not really received a satisfactory answer. I have tops that are in the middle ground of long T-shirts and short dresses. I have two dresses, very similar with capped sleeves, one yellow and the other black. They are both mid-thigh so very short and the black one is about an inch longer than the yellow one yet in MOH's eyes the yellow one is a tad more acceptable than the black one. Go figure! My conclusion is that the answer is simply what is in the eye of the beholder and their impression of the final result. Logic just doesn't come into it.
I believe in offering every assistance short of actual help but then mainly just want to be left to be myself in all my difference and uniqueness.
JeffB1959
Member Extraordinaire

Post by JeffB1959 »

denimini wrote: Tue Dec 22, 2020 10:32 am Here is a rationale for men to wear mini skirts ................ "Oh, it is just a shirt tail extension"
A curious rationale in my opinion. But heck yeah, I'd wear those!
I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman.
Jim
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Jim »

JeffB1959 wrote: Wed Dec 23, 2020 9:59 am
A curious rationale in my opinion. But heck yeah, I'd wear those!
They are only $6.00 with free shipping from China.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Women-Fake-Fal ... 4569335691
Not much of a risk.
Coder
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Coder »

Sinned wrote: Wed Dec 23, 2020 9:45 am rode_kater, at what point does a T-shirt become a T-shirt dress? I've posited this question to MOH and not really received a satisfactory answer. I have tops that are in the middle ground of long T-shirts and short dresses. I have two dresses, very similar with capped sleeves, one yellow and the other black. They are both mid-thigh so very short and the black one is about an inch longer than the yellow one yet in MOH's eyes the yellow one is a tad more acceptable than the black one. Go figure! My conclusion is that the answer is simply what is in the eye of the beholder and their impression of the final result. Logic just doesn't come into it.
I've been wondering this myself. I recently got a roll neck sweatshirt and it is an extremely long length - so much that a shorter person would be able to wear leggings under it and call it a dress. In fact, their marketing pictures show it in this configuration. I have a hard time not calling it a dress even on me, so when I wear it over jeans I feel like I'm flying under the radar.
denimini
Member Extraordinaire

Post by denimini »

Coder wrote: Wed Dec 23, 2020 1:02 pm
I've been wondering this myself. I recently got a roll neck sweatshirt and it is an extremely long length - so much that a shorter person would be able to wear leggings under it and call it a dress. In fact, their marketing pictures show it in this configuration. I have a hard time not calling it a dress even on me, so when I wear it over jeans I feel like I'm flying under the radar.
You could cut the legs off a pair of jeans and elasticise the tops; that would be tricky :)
denimini
Member Extraordinaire

Post by denimini »

I actually bought 2 of these and found them very practical.
skirt_20190907_090951s.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Sinned
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Sinned »

Coder, I remember that I had a knitted cable roll kneck jumper that was long enough to be a short dress. I never knew what to call it.
denimini
Member Extraordinaire

Post by denimini »

??????
CottonOn-Sunset-Shirred-Khaki-Size-L-Brand.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Bikerkilt
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Bikerkilt »

I thing that it is a top and it is upside down
denimini
Member Extraordinaire

Post by denimini »

Bikerkilt wrote: Fri Dec 25, 2020 3:29 am I thing that it is a top and it is upside down
Correct :)
denimini
Member Extraordinaire

Post by denimini »