Does wearing a mask make it easier?

General discussion of skirt and kilt-based fashion for men, and stuff that goes with skirts and kilts.
Sinned
Member Extraordinaire

Re: Does wearing a mask make it easier?

Post by Sinned »

Thanks Moon/Carl for the sentiments and support, I'll let my Store Manager know this morning. I fully intend getting my telegram from the Queen on my one hundredth birthday! I will genuinely miss seeing my colleagues in store but I think it's the wisest decision. Stay safe yourselves as the sentiments are reciprocated.
I believe in offering every assistance short of actual help but then mainly just want to be left to be myself in all my difference and uniqueness.
Dottie

Post by Dottie »

Sinned wrote: Tue Jan 05, 2021 11:02 pm Well, it's lockdown time again and our store is forced to close except for click and collect. As a vulnerable person because of my diabetes I have been offered voluntary furlough. I will probably take it, not because I am concerned because I think we have good safety measures in place at work, but because MOH is worried, we have a more contagious strain headed towards us and there has been a 90% increase in York. So the risk is actually higher now than it was at any time during last year. I will lose financially but not as much as could be. My minimum contracted hours are 16, although I have been working up to 38 hours recently, so I will go onto minimum hours now. On furlough I will get 80% of the minimum so 12.8 hours. So do I get 13 hours and stay at home or 16 and go into work. For the extra 3 hours I don't think that the risk is worth it. I don't need the money so I think that the decision is a no-brainer and furlough it will be.
Good decision Sinned, I've been shielding since last March, my employer decided that it would be hard work to furlough me and put me on unpaid
leave, not a good situation as I am unable to claim any state assistance , still regarded as employed :( .
On the upside I spent a glorious summer skirted and now wearing winter weight maxi skirts for warmth. I am on the cusp of retirement therefore not really concerned health and happiness is more important if one is in a position to achieve it.

Stay warm, safe and happy.
Dottie
Jim
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Jim »

Sinned wrote: Wed Jan 06, 2021 9:22 am I fully intend getting my telegram from the Queen on my one hundredth birthday!
Kings don't send telegrams?
Sinned
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Sinned »

Dottie, thanks for your comments. I'm sorry for your situation and hope that, even though you have no income or state aid, you are ok financially. Being near to retirement, you should have been able to amass sufficient resources. But yes, it is more pleasant not to be bound to going into work each day. Having some health issues now one realises that no matter how rich one is one's health is much more important. I do appreciate what health I have now.

Good point Jim. Our present Queen will be long dead by the time I reach one hundred [0]. Even Charles may be gone so it will probably be William that gets the honour.

[0] Unless she is preserved as a living head in a jar!
Last edited by Sinned on Wed Jan 06, 2021 8:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I believe in offering every assistance short of actual help but then mainly just want to be left to be myself in all my difference and uniqueness.
Fred in Skirts
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Fred in Skirts »

A very wise decision Dennis. Your health is far more important than money. When I retired I went from the high $60s a year to the high teens in income. It just takes work to keep the budget in check, but it can be done..
So enjoy the time off and try to live a long and prosperous lifetime of skirting..

Fred
"It is better to be hated for what you are than be loved for what you are not" Andre Gide: 1869 - 1951
Always be yourself because the people that matter don’t mind and the ones that mind don’t matter.
Sinned
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Sinned »

Thanks Fred. I don't have any money worries as I have ( somehow? ) amassed sufficient in my pension fund to keep my wife and I in comfort. I work because I enjoy the role and have some good colleagues around me. We live quite frugally, but well. It would be nice if we had the teleport facility so that I could meet many of you. That I probably will not will be one of my regrets in my life. Stay safe and well all of you. Don't take any chances, it's not worth it. BTW let's see which one of us is the first for Le Jab and each post here when done.