Out and About -- In your dreams

General discussion of skirt and kilt-based fashion for men, and stuff that goes with skirts and kilts.
Faldaguy
Member Extraordinaire

Out and About -- In your dreams

Post by Faldaguy »

Had a dream last night in which I was in conversation in a public setting while wearing a skirt. That is not an unusual event as I wear skirts daily in all venues of my life -- but seeing myself in a dream so dressed, is unusual for me as I seldom see myself, or note my attire in any dreams. I do dream quite a bit, but I forget most of it before arising. So, this is just a curious query: Do you see yourself dressed in your skirts, dresses, or other attire in your dreams? (I suspect the answers may be impacted by the number of years you've worn non-conforming attire -- so that might be an interesting aside to mention as well.) BTW -- my 'dream attire' last night was not anything I recognize from my own closet!
Gardevoir

Re: Out and About -- In your dreams

Post by Gardevoir »

I've found myself dressing non-conformally in my dreams before, often in much more public settings than I'm comfortable in real life. I suppose my dreams reflect my feelings as to how I think such situations would go: strangers don't usually mind but there tends to be some friction when the dream setting involves certain family members of mine.

I've dreamed of outfits I own and outfits I don't. Some of the ones I don't would be things I'd love to have for real; I can't think of a dress or skirt I've dreamed up that I wouldn't want to try on in real life, though.

To answer your other question, I've been dressing differently for nearly a year now, and only twice in public, yet I've already had several of these dreams.
Coder
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Coder »

Interesting question - occasionally I'll have a dream where I'm in a skirt - and will be either in church, or some other setting where it would be quite disruptive to other people. At that point I panic and try to avoid being seen, then wake up. I suppose this is because I've not really skirted much in public, and my generally anxious nature. Too bad I can't redirect the dream and use it to build confidence.
STEVIE
Member Extraordinaire

Post by STEVIE »

I cannot recall ever having had a single skirt dream but that is not to say that it never happened.
One very powerful experience that I will always remember was during an inner child session with a counsellor.
There was no hypnosis involved but I was asked to focus on an image of my younger self.
I did go into some form of trance state.
I was wearing trousers in the image and in the reality but as I became lucid I saw myself wearing a skirt.
I could even feel the material around my legs.
It was that experience which finally convinced me that I could go out in the world as a guy in a skirt.
Up to then it was behind closed doors or in full female disguise.
There has been an awful lot of water under the bridge since that day.
Steve
moonshadow
Member Extraordinaire

Post by moonshadow »

I have one every so often, maybe once per month (that I can recall)

They are always positive, normally at a social function, or around family who are accepting.

What's better is I'm not only wearing just any skirt, I'm usually wearing something very beautiful and elegant. A long time ago I had a dream where I was walking though a warehouse I used to work in wearing a long flowy sun dress. There were no issues.

Other times I'm wearing something like a ball gown, with lots of lace and little flowery designs.

We'll get there eventually.

But my skirts are just a part of my everyday wear, so I think it's just normal for me to naturally wear them in my dreams.

Otherwise I'm dreaming I'm at work (in work pants), and those dreams suuuuuuuuuuck! I usually wake up with a headache when I have those...
Faldaguy
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Faldaguy »

by moonshadow » Sat Dec 05, 2020 12:54 pm

I have one every so often, ...

Otherwise I'm dreaming I'm at work (in work pants), and those dreams suuuuuuuuuuck! I usually wake up with a headache when I have those...
wake up from panting...I think those are nightmares, not dreams! :( Thanks for the smile, albeit a painful one.