Nike skirt and purple rain kilt

General discussion of skirt and kilt-based fashion for men, and stuff that goes with skirts and kilts.
photoguy207
Member Extraordinaire

Nike skirt and purple rain kilt

Post by photoguy207 »

I came across this skirt from Nike on Instagram. Saw it, And ordered it over the weekend, it arrived yesterday. I got the black/dark green

https://www.nike.com/t/sportswear-icon- ... CZ3384-010

It’s a really cool skirt. I love the fabric, really light. Has a tie at the waist and one on the bottom. It hits just around my knees and has two really nice and useful pockets.

I also saw that purple rain skirts have kilts back in stock. I have one of those coming too. Just when I think I have enough.....I see more skirts I want!! Or is it need? ;-)
denimini
Member Extraordinaire

Re: Nike skirt and purple rain kilt

Post by denimini »

It does look light and cool. Nice to see models with a bit of flesh on their bones.
photoguy207 wrote: Fri Nov 06, 2020 4:39 am .....I see more skirts I want!! Or is it need? ;-)
Probably the word is want if you have over 5 skirts.
Call yourself a collector whereas there is no limit.
Anthony, a denim miniskirt wearer in Outback Australia
photoguy207
Member Extraordinaire

Post by photoguy207 »

I am a collector!
Faldaguy
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Faldaguy »

denimini » Fri Nov 06, 2020 7:01 am

.....I see more skirts I want!! Or is it need? ;-)

Anthony; come on...over 5 is a collector -- that is not even one a day for the week; short, midi, knee, mid, long; A, straight, full; denim, rayon, linen, silk; plain, patterns, flowered, etc al....! Aren't you that same guy who is checking eBay out several times a week. :P

Photoguy -- I'm in your camp with about 60 in my closet at any given time, and I know I'm outnumbered by a factor of 5 or even 10 from some on this site...go for it! Want/need -- it doesn't matter unless the closet rod is sagging! :)
mishawakaskirt
Member Extraordinaire

Post by mishawakaskirt »

denimini wrote: Fri Nov 06, 2020 1:01 pm It does look light and cool. Nice to see models with a bit of flesh on their bones.
photoguy207 wrote: Fri Nov 06, 2020 4:39 am .....I see more skirts I want!! Or is it need? ;-)

I could see me wearing the Nike skirt. Looks light, cool and comfortable. As usual the price is the deal breaker. That prevents me from getting alot of neat skirts. :(

Denimini I totally agree, it is nice to see plus size models, not the starved looking gals you usually see.

I'll buy that logic, I'm a skirt collector.
Mishawakaskirt @2wayskirt on Twitter

Avoid the middle man, wear a kilt or skirt.
rode_kater
Member Extraordinaire

Post by rode_kater »

mishawakaskirt wrote: Mon Nov 09, 2020 5:09 am I could see me wearing the Nike skirt. Looks light, cool and comfortable. As usual the price is the deal breaker.
Indeed, I might to to make a copy of it, if I could find the right material. It's described as 100% polyester, so I'm assuming it's the kind of light plastic material they make tents out of? It must be pretty light to hold its shape like that.
geron
Member Extraordinaire

Post by geron »

photoguy207 wrote: Fri Nov 06, 2020 4:39 am It hits just around my knees and has two really nice and useful pockets.
Photoguy, would you mind if I ask how tall you are? On the model in these product shots, it looks *way* above the knees:
https://www.next.co.uk/style/st553347/263212
-- and, unfortunately, anything as short as that would be considered distinctly inadvisable in this household ;-)
photoguy207
Member Extraordinaire

Post by photoguy207 »

rode_kater wrote: Mon Nov 09, 2020 4:24 pm
mishawakaskirt wrote: Mon Nov 09, 2020 5:09 am I could see me wearing the Nike skirt. Looks light, cool and comfortable. As usual the price is the deal breaker.
Indeed, I might to to make a copy of it, if I could find the right material. It's described as 100% polyester, so I'm assuming it's the kind of light plastic material they make tents out of? It must be pretty light to hold its shape like that.
Yes, it’s a very light material. It has a elastic cord at the waist and bottom of the skirt with a clip to hold it. It’s stays on really nice and the bottom cord is a nice touch too to keep the skirt from flaring out too much if you don’t want it to.
photoguy207
Member Extraordinaire

Post by photoguy207 »

geron wrote: Tue Nov 10, 2020 3:45 pm
photoguy207 wrote: Fri Nov 06, 2020 4:39 am
Photoguy, would you mind if I ask how tall you are? On the model in these product shots, it looks *way* above the knees:
https://www.next.co.uk/style/st553347/263212
-- and, unfortunately, anything as short as that would be considered distinctly inadvisable in this household ;-)
5’8”. It hits about at my knees. Very comfortable to wear!!
geron
Member Extraordinaire

Post by geron »

photoguy207 wrote: Wed Nov 11, 2020 4:11 am 5’8”. It hits about at my knees. Very comfortable to wear!!
Thank you! I'm 4" taller than that, but I reckon the model in those photos would tower over both of us ;-) Or possibly they make the samples shorter because it looks good on a model. I think I'll just have to find the skirt and see how it goes.
photoguy207
Member Extraordinaire

Post by photoguy207 »

geron wrote: Wed Nov 11, 2020 5:54 pm think I'll just have to find the skirt and see how it goes.
Yes find one!! You will love it.
SkirtedWalker

Post by SkirtedWalker »

Highly recommend the purple rain skirts. I wear the skirt and kilt, and I find the skirt to be more comfortable. These are the best every day unisex skirts I’ve found. The lady who makes them fully supports unisex wear.
mishawakaskirt
Member Extraordinaire

Post by mishawakaskirt »

Ever since this post started last year I have been watching for a sale or cheap icon clash on eBay. I don't know why I have been wanting one of these. I have way more skirts than I could wear Even if I was a daily skirt wearer.
for some reason I like the green and black contrast.
Well any rate, I have been watching these on The web.
Seen several on eBay. I found a new xl on eBay for 39.00 or make best offer. not thinking I would get it. I offered 21.50 For it, the seller accepted, which surprised me.
That is certainly a little bit more than I like to spend on skirts, so I hope I really like it. I will keep you posted when it arrives. Next to my men's kilts and utility kilts. I only have one skirt that cost me more and that was my poodle skirt that was 35 to 40 dollars if my memory serves me Right. ( Poodle skirt was purchased in the late 90s)

mishawakaskirt
Member Extraordinaire

Post by mishawakaskirt »

Well it came, my green and black Icon Clash Nike skirt, and it's a neat skirt. It's a little thin for this time of year. I can't wait for summer. I think it will be great in warm weather.
It is made out of a thin material like a wind breaker jacket is. Very light, ( I will let you know how it handles in the wind, if it blows up in the wind.)
So light I decided to weigh it the X L weight is 5.3 oz or 150 grams

Sure beats a traditional kilt that can weight over 3 pounds.

photoguy207
Member Extraordinaire

Post by photoguy207 »

mishawakaskirt wrote: Sun Feb 14, 2021 3:10 am Well it came, my green and black Icon Clash Nike skirt, and it's a neat skirt. It's a little thin for this time of year. I can't wait for summer. I think it will be great in warm weather.
It is made out of a thin material like a wind breaker jacket is. Very light, ( I will let you know how it handles in the wind, if it blows up in the wind.)
So light I decided to weigh it the X L weight is 5.3 oz or 150 grams

Sure beats a traditional kilt that can weight over 3 pounds.
Great skirt! I haven’t worn it outside yet. Very comfortable and I like the waist band, pockets and the draw string on the bottom.