What is your favourite skirt length to wear?

General discussion of skirt and kilt-based fashion for men, and stuff that goes with skirts and kilts.
steamman

What is your favourite skirt length to wear?

Post by steamman »

I personally am addicted to wearing maxis, and being able to twirl in them! I don’t really like showing my legs which is another benefit. And when you wear a maxi , you are constantly reminded of wearing a skirt as it caresses your ankles. I usually wear with heeled boots. Of course, very long skirts you have to be careful on stairs so they are not without their disadvantages.
partlyscot
Member Extraordinaire

Re: What is your favourite skirt length to wear?

Post by partlyscot »

Usually at or near the knee.
Dick Ackerman
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Dick Ackerman »

I am partial to a couple of inches above the knee to mid thigh for skirts and at the knee for kilts.
Dick-7-20D-web.jpg
Dick-12-3-J-web.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Fred in Skirts
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Fred in Skirts »

I prefer at the knee or just below the knee for most of my skirt wearing. But I also wear ankle length to mid thigh lengths as well. :D
"It is better to be hated for what you are than be loved for what you are not" Andre Gide: 1869 - 1951
Always be yourself because the people that matter don’t mind and the ones that mind don’t matter.
KiltedintheValley

Post by KiltedintheValley »

I prefer knee-length or midi for warmer weather. I have a few maxi skirts to try this winter. Either way, skirts are way more comfortable that the alternative! :D
"Be weird. Be random. Be who you are, because you never know who would love the person you hide." - Alan Watts

Life is too short to talk yourself out of wearing what you want because “I can’t pull off that look”.
Jim
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Jim »

Mid-thigh for warm weather, ankle-length for cold.
crfriend
Master Barista

Post by crfriend »

My style varies from mini to floor-sweeper depending on weather and venue. As a general "everyday skirt" I gravitate towards midis with pockets simply out of function. Stupidly hot days (which are getting more common) warrant minis, and semi-formal ones warrant long looks. Winter requires heavy long skirts (which are warmer than trousers).
Retrocomputing -- It's not just a job, it's an adventure!
Chirp
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Chirp »

I like 2 lengths, Since i wear kilts i like skirt to be much same. But i also like long skirt,
In cold weather longer one makes sense. But even in winter i still were kilt and shorter skirts,
No one mess's with a big guy in kilt
john62
Member Extraordinaire

Post by john62 »

Can not decide whether I prefer knee or ankle length so alternate on a regular basis.

John
denimini
Member Extraordinaire

Post by denimini »

12 inches to 14 inches, anywhere and any season.
Anthony, a denim miniskirt wearer in Outback Australia
Kirbstone
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Kirbstone »

On my frame 16 inches is absolute shortest, best in hot weather. 24 inches reaches well down on but at the knee. I never wear longer than that. 20 to 23 inches I find the most comfortable. I like my skirts cut A-line or fuller, often with pleats and slash pockets are just right. To have those the skirt needs to be loose enough about the hips. A fine lady friend once remarked: 'If you've got 'em, flaunt 'em', referring to her shapely shanks, do I don't mind flaunting mine. I'm not at all into maxis or floor-sweepers.

I have a sporran to wear with kilts, but I don't like it, preferring just a broad buckled belt and the flat front. All the klits are 23-4 inch to the knee.

Tom
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Carpe Diem......Seize the Day !
Faldaguy
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Faldaguy »

I dislike the word "favorite"! I don't have a favorite color, song, sport, person, or anything else--too much to like out there -- I can never answer those stock questions sites want for Passwords or such as my favorite food, drink, or pet....grrrrrr! :evil:

That nonsense aside -- my skirts fall into the same category -- all over the place. Mostly dictated by temperature and activity -- which oft means they get changed once or twice a day. I've got pretty much anything in the closet from indecently short to floor dragging; straight, even stretch, to very full A-line; plain to multi-colored; fabrics from denim to silk, straight hems to flouncy patterned ones -- and probably not enough "taste" to match any of it! Then again, I do not live in a particularly style conscience community.

But, if I were to simply count the number of wearings any particular skirt got -- then probably a relatively plain colored, mid-weight, knee-to mid-calf skirt would get the most check marks -- which translates to something that provides comfort in a range of temperatures and activities.
STEVIE
Member Extraordinaire

Post by STEVIE »

Short answer, the one that suits my mood at the time.
Climate and season not withstanding,
Steve,
rivegauche
Member Extraordinaire

Post by rivegauche »

I am with Faldaguy on this - why pick one favourite when I have over 1000 to choose from so that whatever mood I am in there is a skirt that goes with it. I don't go shorter than 21" and I m lucky that I have the legs to go with that. A short(ish) skirt that is quite tight is a pleasure to walk in, but so is a floaty maxi skirt on bare legs on a breezy day. I like the "skirt management" that goes with a long skirt in winds, on stairs, and sitting down. A wide just below knee skirt doesn't do it for me - it has to be short or long.
Big and Bashful
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Big and Bashful »

I mostly like my knees to be covered, so just below knee length down to ankle length to floor sweepers. I do like decent sized pockets, however currently wearing one of my most comfortable skirts, a skater skirt, just below the knee, very loose, no pockets, incredibly comfortable to wear.
I am the God of Hellfire! and I bring you truffles!