What is your favourite skirt length to wear?

General discussion of skirt and kilt-based fashion for men, and stuff that goes with skirts and kilts.
SkirtsDad
Member Extraordinaire

Re: What is your favourite skirt length to wear?

Post by SkirtsDad »

I thought I would have a measure of some of my favourite skirts and most seem to come out at around 11". Looking at them when they are hanging up then I think that this gives a nice aesthetic when coupled with a size 10 waist. When walking in the street then this length probably gives pretty much the optimum in freedom of movement as there's no material to restrict the legs. Winter time I will often wear a longer skirt (or kilt), maybe even woollen for a bit of extra warmth, but not to long. At only 168cm (5'6") knee length skirts make me look dumpy, so this is a length I avoid. I have a few full length skirts that I adore, but they are not very practical, especially walking up stairs, so I probably won't wear these out more than 2 or 3 times a year, if that.
Faldaguy
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Faldaguy »

by SkirtsDad » Tue Nov 03, 2020 6:18 pm

I At only 168cm (5'6") knee length skirts make me look dumpy, so this is a length I avoid. I have a few full length skirts that I adore, but they are not very practical, especially walking up stairs, so I probably won't wear these out more than 2 or 3 times a year, if that.
Hey, come on SkirtsDad, it's no hassle to just grab a bit of a long skirt with one hand and pull up a couple inches for those stairs -- and as you know the floor length can be so much fun, as well as warm, decorous, modest -- and blah or eye grabbing as you please. That is not say I've not stepped on my hem a few times! :?
Jim
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Jim »

SkirtsDad wrote: I At only 168cm (5'6") knee length skirts make me look dumpy, so this is a length I avoid. I have a few full length skirts that I adore, but they are not very practical, especially walking up stairs, so I probably won't wear these out more than 2 or 3 times a year, if that.
In cooler weather I wear longer skirts. I've learned the biblical practice of girding up my loins, making the skirt shorter by pulling it up into my belt, when needed. Quick and simple.
6ft3Aussie
Member Extraordinaire

Post by 6ft3Aussie »

For me, my favourite length is from the knees to maybe 4 inches above, but this varies with weather and what I am wearing.
Sometimes I might wear a sarong around the house that might be 3 or 4 inches above ankles, other wise, folded, be mid thigh..

My wife doesn't mind either longer or shorter on me, her usual length is more like mid thigh.
Sikko

Post by Sikko »

Cause I only wear skirts on hot sunny days walking outside I have them 10 to 12 inches long.
Ray
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Ray »

About 18-22 inches
e2k2houck

Post by e2k2houck »

all of my skirts, all 17 of them, are at or 2" above my knees.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
JeffB1959
Member Extraordinaire

Post by JeffB1959 »

Of late, I've had a mad passion for midiskirts as I love how long and flowing they are and how they swish and swirl about my shins while I walk.
I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman.
rivegauche
Member Extraordinaire

Post by rivegauche »

I prefer wearing very long (35-38") skirts as I like the swirl of the about my legs and they are more fun to wear on a windy day. Women have reprimanded me for not wearing shorter skirts as my legs look fantastic in tights with heels so I wear 21" skirts (no shorter) when I want to show off my legs. I prefer my short skirts to be straight - I am not convinced that the male physique suits short flared skirts - I think flared minis need hips.
Kirbstone
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Kirbstone »

Knee-length or a few inches above and I like a few pleats for freedom of movement and appearance.

Tom
Carpe Diem......Seize the Day !
Sinned
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Sinned »

From mini to knee are my preferred although I do have some maxis. And rivergauche, most of my skirts are A-line to one degree or another. The extreme of these is the skater skirt - basically a circle skirt with elasticated waist and I have a few of these.. The way the hems move is delightful and I don't like any restriction of movement that the pencil skirt has, perceived or not.
I believe in offering every assistance short of actual help but then mainly just want to be left to be myself in all my difference and uniqueness.
Uncle Al

Post by Uncle Al »

Usually my favorite length to wear is around knee length, +/- a bit.
Also it's what goes with the rest of my outfit and the task I'm doing.
Yes, it takes a bit of planning but the results are worth it :D

Uncle Al
:mrgreen: :ugeek: :mrgreen:
Kilted Organist/Musician
Grand Musician of the Grand Lodge, I.O.O.F. of Texas 2008-2009, 2015-2016,
2018-202 ? (and the beat goes on ;) )
When asked 'Why the Kilt?'
I respond-The why is F.T.H.O.I. (For The H--- Of It)
6ft3Aussie
Member Extraordinaire

Post by 6ft3Aussie »

Everyone is different, but for me, from knee to about 4 inches above when out and about, but almost anything goes at home with my wife...
I often wear a sarong around home, and that can be from ankle length to mini, depending on the weather on the day... My wife likes that.
Big and Bashful
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Big and Bashful »

I like to have my knees covered, so that when seated I am sitting on skirt and don't need to worry too much about decency. I also like ankle or floor length, warmer, entertaining on a windy day and one of my cats loves to curl up under the skirt.
I am the God of Hellfire! and I bring you truffles!
photoguy207
Member Extraordinaire

Post by photoguy207 »

20” to 22”. Right at or below my knees.

I do find a big difference in how warm or cool I am just with that 2” difference.

I do have a few 18” skirts. Just a little too short for me when sitting, but amazing when standing.