I like this look

General discussion of skirt and kilt-based fashion for men, and stuff that goes with skirts and kilts.
moonshadow
Member Extraordinaire

I like this look

Post by moonshadow »

Check this out.. this guy wears a dress and I just think... it really works. Not overly feminine, not clunky, not flashy...

https://www.esquiresg.com/wp-content/up ... 6_0016.jpg
-Andrea
The old hillbilly from the coal fields of the Appalachian mountains currently living like there's no tomorrow on the west coast.
Dust
Member Extraordinaire

Re: I like this look

Post by Dust »

Great picture!

Honestly, I don't think I would have put ANY of those elements together, and definitely have knocked most if not all of them at some point. But occasionally an outfit like this comes along that just works, and usually half of it is the attitude of the wearer.

Thanks for posting.
6ft3Aussie
Member Extraordinaire

Post by 6ft3Aussie »

Wow! I'm not into dresses, but it works.

I think the top part of the dress with the sleeveless shoulders and more masculine neckline, and the boots, to me are what makes the whole outfit work on him, and the skirt part of the dress looks right on him, and the hat tops it off.....
rode_kater
Member Extraordinaire

Post by rode_kater »

I think it's that sleeveless shoulders actually work well for men. I think it has to do with it making straight lines in the top half balancing the skirt part down the bottom.
nzfreestyler
Member Extraordinaire

Post by nzfreestyler »

It is a great look.
The dress is a cap sleeve so its slightly wider on the shoulder than the underarm and that sftens a mans more solid shoulders. The dress has an elasticated waist so it is naturally going to fit the wearers waist nicely and the a line silhouette is flattering from the waist down.
A sheer-ish overlay on the dress is sort of trendy now - kind of showing a bit of leg but not too. The boatneck neck style suits a man more than a plunge/sweetheart treatment.

He has plenty of jewellery which is in my mind more of a 'extreme; thing than just wearing womens clothes but thats just me. The coordination though works just fine.

My only concern is the boots - I think they are a tad too rugged. I would go for something without the big treads.... and without bold lacing. But then I am pretty biased with my shoe choices - but I feel a finer shoe - a solid wedge pump perhaps or a block heeled ankle boot/pump would look more balanced. Its not about a heel as such its just a shoe that is not so rugged/industrial cause the rest of the outfit is not of similar ruggedness?

All in all though - I give it a big thumbs up!

NZF
oldsalt1
Member Extraordinaire

Post by oldsalt1 »

I have a saying it should look normal and natural. I think that this out is about as far from normal and natural as you can get.

maybe its the tats that are throwing it off or maybe the hat since he is not a member of the cafe I basically think that he looks like a cheap punk
Grok
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Grok »

I don't think that jewelry goes well with tatoos. I think jewelry works best when contrasted with a somewhat plainer background-the tattoos are too busy for that.
STEVIE
Member Extraordinaire

Post by STEVIE »

I like the look too. With minor tweaks, I'd go with it.
As for punk or cheap, oh no he ain't.
Steve.
Shilo
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Shilo »

I’m definitely on the side of liking the look. I wouldn’t necessarily wear it myself as I don’t think it would suit my body type but I feel it looks great on this guy
:roll:
Spirou003
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Spirou003 »

Wow, he looks very great! I like it!
Only thing, I would be curious to see the same with the skirt part a bit higher. I have the feeling he would have looked better
oldsalt1
Member Extraordinaire

Post by oldsalt1 »

Everyone is entitled to his opinion. I think there is a little something lost in the translation. over the waters I don't mean punk or cheap

To me he still looks like a 2bit wise guy a cheap little punk
Grok
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Grok »

I find it interesting that his rig included a hat. Hat have not been discussed much, but might be worth consideration.
JeffB1959
Member Extraordinaire

Post by JeffB1959 »

Not a fan of the boots, and the hat doesn’t move the needle for me, however, everything else works. The dress looks amazing, I’d wear it in a New York minute as it looks seriously sharp.
I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman.
Big and Bashful
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Big and Bashful »

Interesting look, At first glance my first thought was not that he was wearing a dress but that he looked small. Considering I am not into anything that looks "feminine" I think the black dress looks good, maybe a bit too translucent but it is a good look. I like the length, doesn't flare too much. neckline works on a man, i.e. not styled to emphasise a none existent cleavage. The erm, sleeveless sleeves look good. As for the tats, the boots and the jewellry, not for or against any of them. The hat, I am not a fan of hats however if you have to balance something on your head I have seen worse. These days I do sometime wear a hat, for anti-rain or anti-Sun purposes, never thought about how that would affect my appearance when skirted. How would that work- large heavily built dude in ankle length skirt and (as described by Amazon) an Leather Cowboy Western Aussie Style Hat Conchos, or kilted with the aforementioned hat?
I am the God of Hellfire! and I bring you truffles!
Chirp
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Chirp »

I'm not into dress's. The look works. Boots kinda throw it off, tats and jewellery dont bother me,
I think white socks gota go,
No one mess's with a big guy in kilt