The end of August

General discussion of skirt and kilt-based fashion for men, and stuff that goes with skirts and kilts.
Tackleberry
Member Extraordinaire

The end of August

Post by Tackleberry »

As we’re at the end of August coming into autumn (fall for the Americans lol), I’m sat in the living room with 60d tights on and considering buying a few bags of kiln dried logs to stick on the fire... :roll:
Uncle Al

Re: The end of August

Post by Uncle Al »

Lucky You :!:

We might get lucky to have 2 weeks of "Autumn" :|
Here, in Northern Texas, we're still in triple digit temperatures
mid-afternoon to early evening. Would love to sit by a fire, with
the outside temps in the lower 30's F. That would be quite cozy :D

Uncle Al
:mrgreen: :ugeek: :mrgreen:
Kilted Organist/Musician
Grand Musician of the Grand Lodge, I.O.O.F. of Texas 2008-2009, 2015-2016,
2018-202 ? (and the beat goes on ;) )
When asked 'Why the Kilt?'
I respond-The why is F.T.H.O.I. (For The H--- Of It)
Spirou003
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Spirou003 »

Actually in Belgium, that's rainy days. A pity because I have to clean windows (including some isolant manually added that are very used, here from probably some decades ago) and I can't do it until rain ends. Hope it will stop before winter (and when I'm motivated enough, important! :D) otherwise cold air will be able to enter quite easily in my home :blue:
crfriend
Master Barista

Post by crfriend »

I'll be heading off on a sailing trip in almost mid September and my worry is that I'm going to freeze my arse off. I detest being cold.
Retrocomputing -- It's not just a job, it's an adventure!
Ray
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Ray »

I echo the OP. I was in 40 denier opaques on Friday. Cold.

15 denier Wolford tights this evening. 16c outside,,,
Dust
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Dust »

I look forward to the cooler temps, as well. I originally got interested in skirts, in part because I am always too warm.

I was just thinking about maybe ordering some stuff for the cooler weather, but I have a bit already that never gets worn. Then again, that hasn't stopped me in the past...
Grok
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Grok »

In reference to the climate in Seattle area....

The weather people on television like to remind us that late July/early August is the hottest and driest time of year.

Late August is typically a time when the summer is starting to wind down. Temperatures gradually decline from the summer maximum.

September is a transitional month to me. I don't really think in terms of the official calendar date for the start of autumn. (Which will be Sept. 22nd).

To me, early September is the tail end of summer. I see as a turning point the first autumn like storm, with heavy rain fall and somewhat chilly temperatures. There may be a few mild, sunny days during the rest of the month, but those are likely the last such for the year.

Last year the first week of September was the last gasp of summer, with the first autumn like storm the following week end. Other years that first storm has appeared later in the month.

October is typically early autumn weather, and almost the last time we see skirted women out and about (typically wearing some sort of leggings).
6ft3Aussie
Member Extraordinaire

Post by 6ft3Aussie »

The end of August means: The end of winter (and it was 27°C here today).
The beginning of spring. Bring on the warmer weather.
Another day.
Accounting to do, and end of month job completion etc...
Pdxfashionpioneer
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Pdxfashionpioneer »

Here in Portland, Oregon, USA, it's gotten cooler. For today anyway; it only got up to the mid-70's.

Who knows when Autumn (We say both "Autumn" and "Fall" here in the US.) weather. The later, the better I say. I haven't had enough opportunities to drive Ginger around with her topless. Especially nice these days because I love the exhaust notes of her performance muffler.
David, the PDX Fashion Pioneer

Social norms aren't changed by Congress or Parliament; they're changed by a sufficient number of people ignoring the existing ones and publicly practicing new ones.
KiltedintheValley

Post by KiltedintheValley »

Here in the Shenandoah Valley, September usually means cooler weather. Last year, the weather stayed above 90F until October 1. I am hoping for cooler weather this year. I am already planning my fall skirt outfits :D

Last year I wore my kilts all winter. I just put on some tights or leggings and did my thing. Skirts are so comfortable, regardless of season!
"Be weird. Be random. Be who you are, because you never know who would love the person you hide." - Alan Watts

Life is too short to talk yourself out of wearing what you want because “I can’t pull off that look”.
Dust
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Dust »

KiltedintheValley wrote: Thu Sep 03, 2020 1:03 am Last year I wore my kilts all winter. I just put on some tights or leggings and did my thing. Skirts are so comfortable, regardless of season!
Kilts can be warmer than pants, especially with a decent pair of socks up to your knees. I got some tights a few years ago to go with them, in part to appease people who don't get how warm a kilt can be. I've not needed them yet.
Chirp
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Chirp »

I wear tights all the time due to health reasons. All of mine are black so they go with everything
No one mess's with a big guy in kilt
phathack
Member Extraordinaire

Post by phathack »

Uncle Al wrote: Sun Aug 30, 2020 6:52 pm Lucky You :!:

We might get lucky to have 2 weeks of "Autumn" :|
Here, in Northern Texas, we're still in triple digit temperatures
mid-afternoon to early evening. Would love to sit by a fire, with
the outside temps in the lower 30's F. That would be quite cozy :D

Uncle Al
:mrgreen: :ugeek: :mrgreen:
Al, that's probably not going to happen in DFW until December at the earliest.
I probably won't be back in tights until late October depending on when the high temperatures come back down into the <70°F. (<25°C)
r.m.anderson
Member Extraordinaire

Post by r.m.anderson »

crfriend wrote: Sun Aug 30, 2020 7:27 pm I'll be heading off on a sailing trip in almost mid September and my worry is that I'm going to freeze my arse off. I detest being cold.
Oh to be sailing in the Autumn sun - "*BUT*" when sun goes down the clouds encroach or the wind whips up - shiver me timbers it is damn chilling !
"YES SKIRTING MATTERS"!
"Kilt-On" -or- as the case may be "Skirt-On" !
WHY ?
Isn't wearing a kilt enough?
Well a skirt will do in a pinch!
Make mine short and don't you dare think of pinching there !
Big and Bashful
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Big and Bashful »

r.m.anderson wrote: Fri Sep 04, 2020 2:08 am
crfriend wrote: Sun Aug 30, 2020 7:27 pm I'll be heading off on a sailing trip in almost mid September and my worry is that I'm going to freeze my arse off. I detest being cold.
Oh to be sailing in the Autumn sun - "*BUT*" when sun goes down the clouds encroach or the wind whips up - shiver me timbers it is damn chilling !
I have never been warm when sailing, well, hardly ever. I have often been sunburnt but the cool sea breezes are always just that, cool. Everywhere I have sailed anyway, which is only Scotland or the English channel or once or twice, off Wales. The week of skirted sailing I did lacked wind for most of the week, so it did get warm out on the water. I think I stuck a link somewhere on here to the video I took and posted to Youtube, great week, skirts edited out of the video and don't want skirty comments on it, still not totally public about my skirted life.
I am the God of Hellfire! and I bring you truffles!