Another advantage of skirts over tr*users

General discussion of skirt and kilt-based fashion for men, and stuff that goes with skirts and kilts.
Spirou003
Member Extraordinaire

Re: Another advantage of skirts over tr*users

Post by Spirou003 »

When you arrange K-Nex in some boxes to find them easier, there is something you can't do with pants: https://snipboard.io/FQ460W.jpg
Fred in Skirts
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Fred in Skirts »

I often find screws and Model Railway parts in my lap like that..
It makes it easier so you don't lose them when they fall off the table while working on the model.
:D
"It is better to be hated for what you are than be loved for what you are not" Andre Gide: 1869 - 1951
Always be yourself because the people that matter don’t mind and the ones that mind don’t matter.
mishawakaskirt
Member Extraordinaire

Post by mishawakaskirt »

Yep been there done that before. The skirt can be very utilitarian. Coins at the drive thru, the occasional dropped French fries, or snack foods, after visiting the drive thru. Catching sorting other small items.
Love it.
Mishawakaskirt @2wayskirt on Twitter

Avoid the middle man, wear a kilt or skirt.
pelmut
Member Extraordinaire

Post by pelmut »

Catching dropped contact lenses when they have to be taken out in a hurry because of grit in the eye.  At home this can be done over a table, but if you are driving a car and have to stop in a hurry, a spread skirt will prevent a hastily-removed lens from disappearing into the upholstery or under the seat.
There is no such thing as a normal person, only someone you don't know very well yet.
denimini
Member Extraordinaire

Post by denimini »

I scratched my leg today climbing on a branch in a mini skirt, enough to draw blood which ran down my leg. You can't do that in trousers :roll:
Anthony, a denim miniskirt wearer in Outback Australia
Fred in Skirts
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Fred in Skirts »

denimini wrote: Tue Aug 25, 2020 2:11 pm I scratched my leg today climbing on a branch in a mini skirt, enough to draw blood which ran down my leg. You can't do that in trousers :roll:
I hope you stopped the blebbing :woops: I mean bleeding and you don't get an infection..
I always carry some medical disinfectant wipes in my car for such accidents, sure comes in handy too..
"It is better to be hated for what you are than be loved for what you are not" Andre Gide: 1869 - 1951
Always be yourself because the people that matter don’t mind and the ones that mind don’t matter.
6ft3Aussie
Member Extraordinaire

Post by 6ft3Aussie »

When you're fixing electronic gear, the same applies, when you drop that screw, it will either not fall to the floor, or as it rolls off your skirt, give you more time to watch where it goes. I've still lost a couple of very small black screws into the carpet, never to bee seen again at least by my eyes...
Also good for catching the crumbs when you're having a munch.
Spirou003
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Spirou003 »

It depend on which crumbs, if it's salmon (as I had a few days) that would result in a smudge in the skirt :blue:
Grok
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Grok »

Fred in Skirts wrote: Sun Aug 23, 2020 12:17 am I often find screws and Model Railway parts in my lap like that..
It makes it easier so you don't lose them when they fall off the table while working on the model.
:D
I recall a web site that referred to this as "hold back". Skirts do seem to have possibilities that are denied trousers.
Spirou003
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Spirou003 »

Today I did experiment a new advantage of wearing a skirt. Imagine you drain your rice from some boiling water, and then you topple some water outside of the sink. For me, the water did finish its road in my skirt, not in my skin! :)