To skort or not to skort?

General discussion of skirt and kilt-based fashion for men, and stuff that goes with skirts and kilts.
victor1964
Member Extraordinaire

To skort or not to skort?

Post by victor1964 »

A few weeks ago I bought a lightweight golf skirt to wear at work during the hot weather (I drive a London bus) It was fantastic at keeping my meat and two veg cool and very comfortable.

As most of us do with skorts after a week or so I cut out the shorts thinking it will be even better. How wrong I was, sweaty manhood and legs made it really uncomfortable to drive in.

Off to the sports shop yesterday to buy another and to keep the shorts in!

Who would have thought I skort would be cooler than a skirt....
partlyscot
Member Extraordinaire

Re: To skort or not to skort?

Post by partlyscot »

For me, it depends on the shorts part. I have ended up with several Avia brand ones, (I think they were a Costco brand) and they mostly have a nice, light, stretchy inner short. I find them useful and comfortable, and they have enough stretch that I don't have to remove the Skort to pee.

I bought a couple of skorts where I removed the liner because I wanted the option of wearing more than 1 day before laundering, but I realized I had enough that this wasn't a problem. I find the style of skirt I like is often made as a Skort only.
Kirbstone
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Kirbstone »

I'm a fan of certain types of skort.

A lot are far too skimpy and very 'femm' so I don't look at them. A agree that the shorts part needs to be light & stretchy, preserving perfect modesty even while parachuting (which I don't!) I also like decent pockets. The attached is a decent length and cut with generous pockets and stretchy short under with a fly front closure. Dunne's stores 'Golf'.

Tom
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Carpe Diem......Seize the Day !
oldsalt1
Member Extraordinaire

Post by oldsalt1 »

I have a number of golf skorts I think they are great for playing golf
Scan_20190815 (4).jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
phathack
Member Extraordinaire

Post by phathack »

I just ordered a skort and top set that should be here by early July. They are Made when Ordered so it takes about a week until they ship. The shorts in this skort are Bike Shorts which I prefer as it stops thigh chaffing.
In the last from this company, I would order the skirt without the shorts and decided to give it a try this time and see what I think.
denimini
Member Extraordinaire

Post by denimini »

victor1964 wrote: Sat Jun 27, 2020 5:10 pm Who would have thought I skort would be cooler than a skirt....
A lot of sports wear is made from synthetic materials and sweaty against the skin without a cotton lining or substantial underwear.
A linen skirt is good for hot weather.

I don't like skorts because I like to wash my underwear more often than I wash my skirts (sorry if that is too much info).
Anthony, a denim miniskirt wearer in Outback Australia
nzfreestyler
Member Extraordinaire

Post by nzfreestyler »

phathack wrote: Sat Jun 27, 2020 10:07 pm I just ordered a skort and top set that should be here by early July.
that sounds rather like a playsuit combination to me ? But obviously separates rather than one piece.
marcb14

Post by marcb14 »

Hi friends, for my first skirt, I bought a hiking skort from Decathlon.
I did my first outing on a hiking trail this morning, I was a little anxious but everything went well.

https://www.decathlon.fr/p/jupe-short-d ... 686&c=GRIS
howardfh
Member Extraordinaire

Post by howardfh »

I've played hockey twice this summer in a skort, once in a league match. helps that the weather's warmer!
mishawakaskirt
Member Extraordinaire

Post by mishawakaskirt »

marcb14 wrote: Fri Jun 18, 2021 1:16 pm Hi friends, for my first skirt, I bought a hiking skort from Decathlon.
I did my first outing on a hiking trail this morning, I was a little anxious but everything went well.

https://www.decathlon.fr/p/jupe-short-d ... 686&c=GRIS
That is a excellent start and good look. I just bought a black skort from our Costco store. I prefer my skirts and skorts closer to knee length. Especially with skirts as I don't want to worry about accidentally showing of my underware. Also bare legs and hot surfaces do Not get along. I'm finding more and more I wear denim skorts From time out in public, and wear the skirts at home.

A word on skorts not all skorts are created equal.
Some have plenty of room and give for your male anatomy. You just about have to try them on to find out if it will fit comfortably.

Best of luck, oh, and welcome to the cafe.
Mishawakaskirt @2wayskirt on Twitter

Avoid the middle man, wear a kilt or skirt.
rivegauche
Member Extraordinaire

Post by rivegauche »

For me the answer would be not. To me skorts look like skirts to others (if you were ever to attract negative attention which seems to be very rare) but lack the full ventilation provided by skirts. Shorts would be less problem. If I am going to wear a skirt-like garment let it be an actual skirt. I have never worn a skort.
r.m.anderson
Member Extraordinaire

Post by r.m.anderson »

The difference between the SKIRT and the SKORT is as noted the addition of the shOrt to the skIrt.
That short can be loose fitting like boxers shorts or the more usual tight fitting compression form.

With the SkOrt the length can go shorter because of more coverage/containment of the parts within.
That shortness should result in a degree of coolness but not necessarily so - in that adding more
cloth material does not result in more coolness.
Herein a W-I-D-E hem of a skirt opening results in more air movement and coolness - thus a Skirt
is cool in that respect - but a skOrt is not limiting ventilation even with a w-i-d-e hem.

Wearing a skirt commando or with floss to a full brief coverage may determine a level of comfort !
SkOrts just are not in the same park here.

"BUT" change the temperature from WARM (HOT) to COOL and then the skOrt maybe the better
choice keeping everything nice and warm and cozy in a hammock.

SkOrts are not for everyone and as some have done there is always the one-way conversion option
to get a (shorter) skirt.
Caution on the conversion of sheer revealingly thin outer material ! Ooops ! Who is cool now !
"YES SKIRTING MATTERS"!
"Kilt-On" -or- as the case may be "Skirt-On" !
WHY ?
Isn't wearing a kilt enough?
Well a skirt will do in a pinch!
Make mine short and don't you dare think of pinching there !