To skort or not to skort?

General discussion of skirt and kilt-based fashion for men, and stuff that goes with skirts and kilts.
victor1964

To skort or not to skort?

Post by victor1964 »

A few weeks ago I bought a lightweight golf skirt to wear at work during the hot weather (I drive a London bus) It was fantastic at keeping my meat and two veg cool and very comfortable.

As most of us do with skorts after a week or so I cut out the shorts thinking it will be even better. How wrong I was, sweaty manhood and legs made it really uncomfortable to drive in.

Off to the sports shop yesterday to buy another and to keep the shorts in!

Who would have thought I skort would be cooler than a skirt....

partlyscot
Member Extraordinaire

Re: To skort or not to skort?

Post by partlyscot »

For me, it depends on the shorts part. I have ended up with several Avia brand ones, (I think they were a Costco brand) and they mostly have a nice, light, stretchy inner short. I find them useful and comfortable, and they have enough stretch that I don't have to remove the Skort to pee.

I bought a couple of skorts where I removed the liner because I wanted the option of wearing more than 1 day before laundering, but I realized I had enough that this wasn't a problem. I find the style of skirt I like is often made as a Skort only.

Kirbstone
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Kirbstone »

I'm a fan of certain types of skort.

A lot are far too skimpy and very 'femm' so I don't look at them. A agree that the shorts part needs to be light & stretchy, preserving perfect modesty even while parachuting (which I don't!) I also like decent pockets. The attached is a decent length and cut with generous pockets and stretchy short under with a fly front closure. Dunne's stores 'Golf'.

Tom
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Carpe Diem......Seize the Day !

oldsalt1
Member Extraordinaire

Post by oldsalt1 »

I have a number of golf skorts I think they are great for playing golf
Scan_20190815 (4).jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

phathack
Member Extraordinaire

Post by phathack »

I just ordered a skort and top set that should be here by early July. They are Made when Ordered so it takes about a week until they ship. The shorts in this skort are Bike Shorts which I prefer as it stops thigh chaffing.
In the last from this company, I would order the skirt without the shorts and decided to give it a try this time and see what I think.

denimini
Member Extraordinaire

Post by denimini »

victor1964 wrote:
Sat Jun 27, 2020 5:10 pm
Who would have thought I skort would be cooler than a skirt....
A lot of sports wear is made from synthetic materials and sweaty against the skin without a cotton lining or substantial underwear.
A linen skirt is good for hot weather.

I don't like skorts because I like to wash my underwear more often than I wash my skirts (sorry if that is too much info).
Anthony, a denim miniskirt wearer in Outback Australia

nzfreestyler
Member Extraordinaire

Post by nzfreestyler »

phathack wrote:
Sat Jun 27, 2020 10:07 pm
I just ordered a skort and top set that should be here by early July.
that sounds rather like a playsuit combination to me ? But obviously separates rather than one piece.