Pyjama Skirt?

General discussion of skirt and kilt-based fashion for men, and stuff that goes with skirts and kilts.
skirtpettiman
Member Extraordinaire

Re: Pyjama Skirt?

Post by skirtpettiman »

The splits look way too high for me. I wear below the knee cotton or polycotton petticoat slips combined with a low neck mens vest in bed.
andrewsh

Post by andrewsh »

I bought one off AliExpress, it came too short with the slit too high, so it went straight to the recycling.
Epiceneguy
Distinguished Member

Post by Epiceneguy »

It does look good for a hot day (I live in Scotland so this isn't going to happen, :lol: )
I think if they advertised it without the dreaded 'skirt' word a lot of younger guys would probably go for it, making skirts more acceptable hopefully
When life gives you lemons, slice them and put them into your G&T!
GerdG
Member Extraordinaire

Post by GerdG »

The idea with a pyjama skirt is good, I think. But the Wish company has an extremely bad image.
GerdG

There ARE viable alternatives to trousers.
Shilo
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Shilo »

This reminds me of an article of clothing advertised in the weekend supplements in the ‘80s It was called a “Guy’s Wrap. It was a short wraparound skirt and it was marketed to appeal to masculinity. It obviously didn’t catch on. Does anyone remember it or was even tempted into a purchase?
:roll:
Faldaguy
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Faldaguy »

It was mid to late 70's my wife & daughter gifted me a "guy's wrap around" -- not sure if what you are referencing; this was a 14" long blue wrap with partially elasticized waist band. 48" when stretched out flat. There are three button for fitting waist size and a single darker blue patch pocket. I never considered it a skirt, but a swim wrap as in those days we still wore short trunks, speedos or generous bikini's in Canada. I used it a lot, especially in hotels going to the pool, etc. but not stand-alone as a skirt as it was more like a glorified towel than outer wear. Still have it all these years later albeit with a few thin or wear through small holes! No label except washing instruction.