Has anyone else worn a really short skirt out and about

General discussion of skirt and kilt-based fashion for men, and stuff that goes with skirts and kilts.
oldsalt1
Member Extraordinaire

Re: Has anyone else worn a really short skirt out and about

Post by oldsalt1 »

Ken I am not by any means a computer expert. I take the simple way out

I scan the photo into my computer than I go on the café and post an answer on the bottom of the page I click add files what comes up for me is do you want to add computer files I click on that and it brings me to my scan folder

If that doesn't help ask CR for advice
Pdxfashionpioneer
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Pdxfashionpioneer »

All three of you on the 4th page look fine in your skirts. I don't see anything immodest about them.

For myself, if I feel like one move, right or wrong, and I'll be giving anyone looking at me an anatomy lesson I figure it's too short.

I still haven't figured out how the young women who wear those skirts that end at the bottom of their hind quarters manage to walk down the street and upstairs; but I'm glad they can! :D
David, the PDX Fashion Pioneer

Social norms aren't changed by Congress or Parliament; they're changed by a sufficient number of people ignoring the existing ones and publicly practicing new ones.
victor1964
Member Extraordinaire

Post by victor1964 »

Another short skirt for me. This was another ebay purchase :-)

It was really hot day and MOH and I decided on a country walk and picnic. We found a shaded spot in the middle of nowhere and had a lovely chilled few hours.

The skirt is actually shorter that it looks on the camera (guess it was the camera angle!), lovely and cool though....

105594857_200887814499171_31371424788072356.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Mark as in Mark
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Mark as in Mark »

some older pictures of me before going out in short skirts. However, NEVER TO WORK!

f6ca6ff982df5be6c9805396fb592579.jpg
64d688e2d51a0a53ede3c02e78c1c405.jpg
5e8ef32c0c37b42c09d88f1c3bb8c97c.jpg
4925e81cec73fff3658ef4f0c02f7833.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
I was told I have balls for wearing skirts! My reply? "That's because balls this big won't fit in pants!"

https://www.pinterest.de/Mark_as_in_Mark/me/
https://www.instagram.com/markbryan911/
Mark as in Mark
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Mark as in Mark »

The shortest I have worn to work. Allowed highest above knee per dress code.
IMG_E2632.JPG
IMG_E3005.JPG
Out and about last month....
IMG_2964.jpg
I was told I have balls for wearing skirts! My reply? "That's because balls this big won't fit in pants!"

https://www.pinterest.de/Mark_as_in_Mark/me/
https://www.instagram.com/markbryan911/
Dick Ackerman
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Dick Ackerman »

This is about as short of a skirt as I will wear out and about. It is 12" long and yes there is the occasional flash. My solution to that is simply something bright colored underneath.
Dick-6-28Bweb.jpg
Dick-6-28Eweb.jpg
Stu
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Stu »

When I was at school, we had a strict uniform policy and skirts had to be "navel to knee". In other words, the hem had to reach at least the top of your kneecap. We also had inspection days and, for a quick check, you had to kneel upright and your skirt was supposed to touch the floor, otherwise you were sent home with a letter to parents. I tend to have a similar idea now as an adult and I even apply it to wearing shorts. Top of the knee is short enough.
denimini
Member Extraordinaire

Post by denimini »

Dick Ackerman wrote: Tue Jul 14, 2020 3:51 pm This is about as short of a skirt as I will wear out and about. It is 12" long and yes there is the occasional flash.
That length is quite respectable on you and 12" is also about the shortest I will wear out and about
Dick Ackerman wrote: Tue Jul 14, 2020 3:51 pm My solution to that is simply something bright colored underneath.
I use a different strategy of wearing dark things underneath so that it is more of a glimmer than a flash.
Stu wrote: When I was at school, we had a strict uniform policy and skirts had to be "navel to knee"..............
I wasn't lucky enough to wear skirts at school but at least I missed out on the indoctrination about length, otherwise my username would have to be "denimidi" :)
Anthony, a denim miniskirt wearer in Outback Australia
r.m.anderson
Member Extraordinaire

Post by r.m.anderson »

Stu wrote: Wed Jul 15, 2020 10:05 am When I was at school, we had a strict uniform policy and skirts had to be "navel to knee". In other words, the hem had to reach at least the top of your kneecap. We also had inspection days and, for a quick check, you had to kneel upright and your skirt was supposed to touch the floor, otherwise you were sent home with a letter to parents. I tend to have a similar idea now as an adult and I even apply it to wearing shorts. Top of the knee is short enough.
That resembles the measurement factor for the KILT - navel to floor on a 6 foot bloke would be 24 inches - Custom measurements YMMV !
The pleated hinder and the double front apron don't lean to much flashing unless in a wind storm of sorts or pulling a Marilyn over a ventilation shaft.
"YES SKIRTING MATTERS"!
"Kilt-On" -or- as the case may be "Skirt-On" !
WHY ?
Isn't wearing a kilt enough?
Well a skirt will do in a pinch!
Make mine short and don't you dare think of pinching there !
GerdG
Member Extraordinaire

Post by GerdG »

Like Stu, it is for me not a question of daring to wear the shortest possible skirt.

Most of my skirts are kilts, in my case ending at the top of my knee. My other skirts are at the shortest, like this one, 18.5” or 47 cm, compared to kilt length 22.5” or 57 cm.

10-15 years ago I would wear them shorter, 16.5" / 42 cm:

GerdG

There ARE viable alternatives to trousers.
Dick Ackerman
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Dick Ackerman »

Just today I had to go to Concord which is our state capital. I wore my shortest skirt the 12" Denim one and took a couple of new photos out and about at the state capital building. As a side note, trips where to EMS, Books A Million and Hannaford's Super Market which all where a non event as one would expect or at least hope.
Dick-7-20B-web.jpg
Dick-7-20E-web.jpg
tesjolts
Member Extraordinaire

Post by tesjolts »

Nice skirt Dick!! Great outfit for the summer !!

PS. I didn´t know there was a liberty bell in Concord.

Cheers,
Tes
oldsalt1
Member Extraordinaire

Post by oldsalt1 »

Looks good great to see you are keeping the weight off
Dick Ackerman
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Dick Ackerman »

tesjolts wrote: Wed Jul 22, 2020 1:32 am Nice skirt Dick!! Great outfit for the summer !!

PS. I didn´t know there was a liberty bell in Concord.

Cheers,
Tes
The outfit is about as comfortable as possible with out being naked on a hot day. It was 95°F with very high humidity that day.

The bell is a copy that is in front of the State House in Concord New Hampshire along with several statues of early NH leaders,

Here is one of them of Daniel Webster
Dick-7-20C-web.jpg
Dick
Dick Ackerman
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Dick Ackerman »

oldsalt1 wrote: Wed Jul 22, 2020 11:04 am Looks good great to see you are keeping the weight off
I am trying to keep it off. It has meant a complete change in eating habits and lifestyle but so far so good.

Dick