Has anyone else worn a really short skirt out and about

General discussion of skirt and kilt-based fashion for men, and stuff that goes with skirts and kilts.
Ray
Member Extraordinaire

Re: Has anyone else worn a really short skirt out and about

Post by Ray »

In relation to the OP:

No, and I never will. I’m the wrong build and I think that short skirts lack class (only saved by dark opaque tights).
Sinned
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Sinned »

Ray: "....I think that short skirts lack class...."

We are all entitled to our opinion but short skirts can be associated with trashiness but not in most of the cases here. Showing a bit of leg is not a problem. It's the overall appearance that matters. I do think that some of the skirts are too short and I include some of the skirts I wear in that but lacking class .... No, I don't think so.
I believe in offering every assistance short of actual help but then mainly just want to be left to be myself in all my difference and uniqueness.
howardfh
Member Extraordinaire

Post by howardfh »

Sinned wrote: Mon Jun 08, 2020 9:28 am Ray: "....I think that short skirts lack class...."

We are all entitled to our opinion but short skirts can be associated with trashiness but not in most of the cases here. Showing a bit of leg is not a problem. It's the overall appearance that matters. I do think that some of the skirts are too short and I include some of the skirts I wear in that but lacking class .... No, I don't think so.
When does "classy" become "trashy" and, frankly, does it matter? Trashy can be one hell of a good look when done classily. :shock:

https://thumbs.dreamstime.com/b/two-pun ... 771006.jpg If I were twenty again the model on the left is wearing exactly what I would wear at the uni bar. A very androgynous look indeed, perfect for both sexes.
victor1964
Member Extraordinaire

Post by victor1964 »

A find on ebay (uk), arrived this morning.

Was given it's first outing on an evening dog walk with my MOH.

Trashy or not, I like it (an to be honest, if I worried what other people thought I would still be in trousers lol....).

DSCF1211crop.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
howardfh
Member Extraordinaire

Post by howardfh »

victor1964 wrote: Mon Jun 08, 2020 7:33 pm A find on ebay (uk), arrived this morning.

Trashy or not, I like it (an to be honest, if I worried what other people thought I would still be in trousers lol....).

DSCF1211crop.jpg
I've got one like that, almost identical, which I use for walking and as a beach skirt.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Ray
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Ray »

Caveat - I’m not a fan of short skirts - but my view that they can lack class (see, I’m retracting already!) in no way makes them trashy. That’s too big a leap.

It’s just my opinion, and not a strong one. So keep on wearing, chaps!

Ps Jim’s skirt above isn’t short in my book. Short is 16 inches or less for me.
tesjolts
Member Extraordinaire

Post by tesjolts »

victor1964 wrote: Mon Jun 08, 2020 7:33 pm A find on ebay (uk), arrived this morning.

That´s a nice skirt Victor. Great color. Does it have any pockets?

Cheers
Tes
denimini
Member Extraordinaire

Post by denimini »

That looks to be a practical skirt and a good length on you. It can be great getting skirts arriving in the mail and trying on.
victor1964 wrote: Mon Jun 08, 2020 7:33 pm Trashy or not, I like it (an to be honest, if I worried what other people thought I would still be in trousers lol....).
Exactly!
Anthony, a denim miniskirt wearer in Outback Australia
Happy-N-Skirts
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Happy-N-Skirts »

My skirts are above my knees to resemble shorts. I don't consider that to be too short or "trashy."
victor1964
Member Extraordinaire

Post by victor1964 »

tesjolts wrote: Tue Jun 09, 2020 2:12 am

That´s a nice skirt Victor. Great color. Does it have any pockets?

Cheers
Tes
It has pockets like jeans, front and rear :D

skirt.png
skirted84
Distinguished Member

Post by skirted84 »

Sadly not as I don't have the legs for it, and don't want to think too much how I'm sitting beyond smoothing the skirt and crossing the ankles. Mine are usually anything from 16-24 inch (I'm 5" 7).
KenCT

Post by KenCT »

Did the grocery shopping today in 40 cm (16 inch) mini. Not as short as some of you fellows wear, but short enough to challenge propriety when retrieving canned goods from the back of the lowest shelf! :wink: (Wife’s favorite, couldn’t not bring home)

KenCT

Post by KenCT »

Image didn’t show. Maybe this will? https://www.dropbox.com/sh/wggq3up6r65u ... 5KiKa?dl=0
Fred in Skirts
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Fred in Skirts »

KenCT » Fri Jun 12, 2020 11:21 am
Image didn’t show.
oB1jV03A.jpeg
Hows this???
"It is better to be hated for what you are than be loved for what you are not" Andre Gide: 1869 - 1951
Always be yourself because the people that matter don’t mind and the ones that mind don’t matter.
KenCT

Post by KenCT »

Thanks, Fred. I'm still trying to figure out how to include photos. And I actually read the instructions (in the Pics and Looks section). Maybe there is a more up-to-date procedure?