Has anyone else worn a really short skirt out and about

General discussion of skirt and kilt-based fashion for men, and stuff that goes with skirts and kilts.
Sikko

Re: Has anyone else worn a really short skirt out and about

Post by Sikko »

This is the shortest I wear:
thumbnail_20210110_114030.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Layne

Post by Layne »

Someone just shared a couple of pics that were taken of me in a mid-thigh length denim skirt at the Hilton in Houston last week, but I’m still trying to recall how to post pics.
Kirbstone
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Kirbstone »

Not really quite that adventurous, but this one's short enough for me.

Tom
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Carpe Diem......Seize the Day !
Kirbstone
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Kirbstone »

Just dug these out.

They're far and away the shortest I've ever worn.

Tom
nzfreestyler
Member Extraordinaire

Post by nzfreestyler »

Kirbstone wrote: Tue Jan 19, 2021 2:06 am Just dug these out.

Tom
I like your grey pleated mini and your black pumps. I prefer a simple shoe and a pump is minimal and looks best in my opinion. Sort of makes your feet look smaller and your legs leggier...
And I wouldn't have noticed your hosiery till you mentioned it - nude opaques?

Good to see you wore sensible shoes on the ladder though... although I don't think of heels as non-sensible - you can do almost everything in heels.In fact some things are much better in heels.

cheers
NZF
Kirbstone
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Kirbstone »

True, NZF,

Ginger Rogers could dance all and every dance step Fred Astair did....Backwards and in Heels!

My neat little 2" courts compliment the tan-coloured opaques well, but catch me up a ladder in heels at my age? No way and starting at 13&1/2 stone (180lbs) & 74" I'm not going anywhere far in heels.

Tom
nzfreestyler
Member Extraordinaire

Post by nzfreestyler »

Kirbstone wrote: Sat Jan 23, 2021 2:50 am Ginger Rogers could dance all and every dance step Fred Astair did....Backwards and in Heels!
personally I adore heels and I wear them all the time.

NZF
Daryl
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Daryl »

nzfreestyler wrote: Sat Jan 23, 2021 3:22 am
Kirbstone wrote: Sat Jan 23, 2021 2:50 am Ginger Rogers could dance all and every dance step Fred Astair did....Backwards and in Heels!
personally I adore heels and I wear them all the time.
NZF
I almost always wear them, minimum 2.5", when going out or standing for long periods because the change in posture alleviates my knee pain a great deal and, frankly, I am definitely better poised and walk less like an old man when in heels. There are limits. I am not a light man so eventually foot pain can surpass knee pain, but I have spent all day in heels and if I was still working a 9-5 office job that would be what I wore to work every day.

And I have to say, the mirror agrees with my choice. I get frequent compliments from women for my footwear (and not all of them are from my wife).
Daryl...
nzfreestyler
Member Extraordinaire

Post by nzfreestyler »

Daryl wrote: Sat Jan 23, 2021 8:15 am
I almost always wear them, minimum 2.5", when going out or standing for long periods because the change in posture alleviates my knee pain a great deal and, frankly, I am definitely better poised and walk less like an old man when in heels. There are limits. I am not a light man so eventually foot pain can surpass knee pain, but I have spent all day in heels and if I was still working a 9-5 office job that would be what I wore to work every day.

And I have to say, the mirror agrees with my choice. I get frequent compliments from women for my footwear (and not all of them are from my wife).
after many years of wanting to I finally got to the point where circumstances were suitable, the issue was coming up and I was confident enough to want to work wearing high heels, so I asked - and I have worn them since and it was one of the best and most liberating feelings for me.

I wear high heels by choice almost every day of the year - and for me I like the styles/colours and how I feel wearing them.
Daryl
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Daryl »

nzfreestyler wrote: Sat Jan 23, 2021 8:28 am I wear high heels by choice almost every day of the year - and for me I like the styles/colours and how I feel wearing them.
OMG, the styles and colours are the worst part. They make me want them all.

I've even gone hiking on a frozen river in a pair of knee-high boots with 3.5" heels. Not spike heels, mind; more like extra-high Cuban heels.
Daryl...
JeffB1959
Member Extraordinaire

Post by JeffB1959 »

Kirbstone wrote: Tue Jan 19, 2021 2:06 am Just dug these out.

Tom
The last two pics looked very nice. Your pleated skirt was cute, and the low heeled pumps finished the outfit well.
I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman.
stephanie53

Post by stephanie53 »

This I've had a long time. A goodwill pick up
Sinned
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Sinned »

Welcome and that outfit looks fine. The sort that I would wear anytime. Let me be the first to welcome you to the cafe, have yourself a latte beside the potted palm and tell us a little about yourself. Read through some of the posts and you will learn more about or little society, diverse as it is.
I believe in offering every assistance short of actual help but then mainly just want to be left to be myself in all my difference and uniqueness.
denimini
Member Extraordinaire

I went to school in a mini skirt

Post by denimini »

Today I suddenly remembered that I wanted to put in a tender for some old metal working machinery at the local school. I just dropped what I was doing and went around there in a denim mini and a brightly coloured jumper (pullover, sweater). Kids in the playground, teachers and kids coming and going while I was waiting in the office ............ not the slightest indication that I was not in the most boring of attire.
Anthony, a denim miniskirt wearer in Outback Australia
r.m.anderson
Member Extraordinaire

Post by r.m.anderson »

When wearing short skirts (dresses) there is a limit to the visible exposure of the frontal bits & pieces that can be tolerated.
As for the rear - well you have plumbers crack on one hand and then the rear hem line of that short skirt showing the
crease of the global butt pieces and maybe the forbidden fruit of the loom undergear.

Suit yourself to just how far you want to push the public envelope of exposure -
Climbing ladders -
Reaching for the top shelf -
Bending over without squatting -

Are you doing what is right or recommended to avoid an evil eye - ridicule - a tap on the shoulder from the clothing police ?

Disregard of course that the females can do all this and it is considered fair game - - -
If Adam & Eve had only left things alone in the Garden this forum and conversation would not be forthcoming or come to pass ! LOL !

Yes I have worn short skirts (kilts) about in public but with a protective (modesty) layer to cover my frontal and rear boundaries !
"YES SKIRTING MATTERS"!
"Kilt-On" -or- as the case may be "Skirt-On" !
WHY ?
Isn't wearing a kilt enough?
Well a skirt will do in a pinch!
Make mine short and don't you dare think of pinching there !