Are you using the remain in place rule to your advantage?

General discussion of skirt and kilt-based fashion for men, and stuff that goes with skirts and kilts.
GothScot

Are you using the remain in place rule to your advantage?

Post by GothScot »

Hi there,

Just wondered how many folks were taking advantage of the state/county lockdowns in terms of skirt/kiltwearing frequency. The school where I'm teaching went remote and since so many students lack video access, we're going with the best technology 1998 has to offer. :lol:

I think I've spent more time in skirts than an Apostolic woman lately. If there's an upside to the misery, I finally have time to write and dress how I want to when I want to. What about the rest of you?
phathack
Member Extraordinaire

Re: Are you using the remain in place rule to your advantage?

Post by phathack »

I do contract work and the last time I had to go into the office was just before New Years, that was the last time I wore a pair of pants. I have been wearing nothing but skirts and dresses for going on 4 months now.
Fred in Skirts
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Fred in Skirts »

Always in skirts and or dresses.. I don't think I own a pair of pants anymore... :lol: :lol:
"It is better to be hated for what you are than be loved for what you are not" Andre Gide: 1869 - 1951
Always be yourself because the people that matter don’t mind and the ones that mind don’t matter.
photoguy207
Member Extraordinaire

Post by photoguy207 »

My business has been closed for three weeks. Its not far from my house so I still go every weekday to get out of the house and get some work done. Since there is nobody else in the building with me, I have been cycling through my skirt collection. So far 15 different skirts with a lot more to go! It has been fun picking through my collection after I arrive at the office every morning deciding what to wear for the day. Nobody knows I like to wear skirts, so I usually was only able to wear them after all of my workers go home for the evening.

Looks like I have at least a month of day time skirting at he office to go!

I am getting so used to moving around and sitting in a skirt. Just a nice feeling on the legs and comfortable.
crfriend
Master Barista

Post by crfriend »

photoguy207 wrote: Tue Apr 07, 2020 4:06 amI am getting so used to moving around and sitting in a skirt. Just a nice feeling on the legs and comfortable.
So, if this thing ever ends, you can simply emerge at the end of it wearing a skirt knowing how to handle it. That'd be a winning scenario.

Sorry to hear that everybody's out of work, though.
Retrocomputing -- It's not just a job, it's an adventure!
geron
Member Extraordinaire

Post by geron »

I decided early on to keep wearing skirts until it's over. I wonder how long i shall be able to keep that up.
Coder
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Coder »

I’m wearing skirts every day now when working, though I do wear leg tube pajamas around family as most of then don’t know. I keep hoping I’ll slip up when on a video chat, but so far haven’t.
new2skirts
Member Extraordinaire

Post by new2skirts »

Wearing skirts, skirt suits, and the odd kilt (Tartan Day yesterday), been like this for the past 3 weeks. Love it! Determined to try do more of the same when this is over :roll:
Formerly Kilty / Joe Public etc...
Faldaguy
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Faldaguy »

Sounds like an opportunity for a lot of guys 'still in the closet' with their skirt wearing preferences to break out into public. I suspect a lot of 'excuses' and 'rationalizations' could be plausibly created to cover your coming out. Got to be a few silver linings in the Covid clouds. Get creative -- "we needed some fun and laughs, but hey, it was so comfortable I've tossed the pants." Go skirts.
skirtedbrit
Distinguished Member

Post by skirtedbrit »

Not changed my skirt/dress wearing one jot but am finally digitising thousands of 35mm colour slides.
denimini
Member Extraordinaire

Post by denimini »

No change. I only wear pants on Mondays and back into a mini as soon as I get home.

Well, come to think of it, I have been wearing some skirts that are 'more adventurous' knowing that there will not be any unexpected visitors. The weather is going to be the limiting factor as it only got to 19C yesterday and I had to dig out some windcheaters.
Anthony, a denim miniskirt wearer in Outback Australia
geron
Member Extraordinaire

Post by geron »

skirtedbrit wrote: Wed Apr 08, 2020 9:21 am ...am finally digitising thousands of 35mm colour slides.
I'm doing that too, but mainly as a winter job. And a very laborious one: it takes me about five minutes to do each slide, including infrared scan, colour correction and de-scratching. Not certain that I'll ever finish....
Kilted_John
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Kilted_John »

Not much change. I did realize that I can probably save some water and detergent by doing whatever shopping I need to do while wearing a tube top/skirt combo or a dress instead of a shirt and skirt combo. Reason being is that I find that I rarely touch the middle-lower part of my torso with either gloves, the shopping basket, or any items I purchase at a store. So, instead of coming home, changing my clothing, then throwing everything into the wash, while cleaning myself off, as soon as I hop into the car, I grab the bottle of sanitizer that's in the armrest on the car door, do my normal hand/lower arm routine, but then add in the upper arms, shoulders, upper chest, and neck areas. Another benefit, is that, with all the nice weather we've been having lately, I'm getting a head start at getting rid of the farmer's/driver's tan.

As an example, April 10th's run was done like this, plus the navy blue/gold pinstripe top that I used to frequently wear. Easy cleanup after the run through the store, plus better comfort, and, more vitamin D reaching my body.

Last edited by Kilted_John on Fri Apr 10, 2020 8:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Skirted since 2/2002, kilted 8/2002-8/2011, and dressed since 9/2013...
flickr: http://www.flickr.com/photos/245gt-turbo
moonshadow
Member Extraordinaire

Post by moonshadow »

Honestly I struggle to find a reason just to change out of my pajama pants.

Somedays I just shower in the morning and get back into them (my pjs)

Last Saturday-Tuesday I did wear a skirt every day, but nothing really flamboyant. I more or less has to talk myself into it.

Its somewhat ironic to me, that many male skirt wearers ONLY wear skirts around the house and typically dress normally when going out.

I am the opposite. I enjoy my skirts the most when I can log some actual mileage in them.

There is just something about scaling a mountain ridge with a long skirt fluttering behind you in the breeze that just sitting on your sofa.... looking at your feet doesn't compare to.

It's like having a new car with a full tank of gas... but never letting it leave the driveway...
-Andrea
The old hillbilly from the coal fields of the Appalachian mountains currently living like there's no tomorrow on the west coast.
crfriend
Master Barista

Post by crfriend »

moonshadow wrote: Wed Apr 08, 2020 11:58 pmHonestly I struggle to find a reason just to change out of my pajama pants.
I'm in that frame of mind now myself. I get up, throw a big fluffy bathrobe over my nightgown, and head to work where I'll have to deal with incessant priority rearrangements and chimpanzees for the next ten hours.

So, here I am, once again in a gilded cage, imprisoned by the state for a crime I did not commit, and with my own memories receding faster than they ever have before to the point where most are now virtually indiscernible through the fog of time and distance. I cannot recall the last personal interaction I had with another human being. The last time I went for a walk outdoors was yesterday (which I wore a dress for) and the only hint of human activity was the sound of aircraft above, one jet a long way off and a propellor-driven one close in, likely police surveillance. No traffic was heard, nor even a human voice. Even the birds were eerily quiet.

Life sucks. And I'm growing unsure if it beats the alternative.

So, it's back to bed for a few hours, then to rise, rinse, lather, and repeat.

Something to look forward to...
Retrocomputing -- It's not just a job, it's an adventure!