Are you using the remain in place rule to your advantage?

General discussion of skirt and kilt-based fashion for men, and stuff that goes with skirts and kilts.
nzfreestyler
Member Extraordinaire

Re: Are you using the remain in place rule to your advantage?

Post by nzfreestyler »

I've been organising my wardrobe over the last few days (or trying to...)
I have 361 pairs of shoes in the spare room (almost all now back in their correct boxes).... now that was an effort!!!
Worse thing is I have shoes stacked in the garage too......

I'm going to try and organise my skirts/dresses by colour too...

NZF
weeladdie18
Member Extraordinaire

Post by weeladdie18 »

I heard a story today from two of my friends in different professions , so I can only assume that one of my friends in the Skirt Cafe
might find some reference to this Chinese story ...However it may be a Chinese Bluff. ....
The scource of the virus is an ant eater in a chinese animal research laboratory........
There is a suggestion that the story has come from an Oxford University Laboratory checking the Virus.

There is however a reference that as the Chinese had under stated the number of Virus fatalities this new story may just be a leak.

Here in Cornwall we consider we my start getting back to normal in July.....One of my friends who has a good source of information
has no knowledge of the two virus cases in a local Cornish Town.....This was reported to me yesterday by the Local Police yesterday....
The thing which concerns me is the clear interpretation of the lock down. ....I find the general interpretation of the lock down is not
entirely clear....Organisations which are still operational are not following the same proceedures...

I trust someone can find a clear story on the ant eater...might help us to get a clear picture of what is happening...
crfriend
Master Barista

Post by crfriend »

weeladdie18 wrote: Sun Apr 26, 2020 7:13 pmI trust someone can find a clear story on the ant eater...might help us to get a clear picture of what is happening...
To the best of my knowledge there is nothing whatsoever to finger anteaters in the current SARS-CoV-2 problem.

Bats, possibly (what species?); pangolins (rare, but used "medicinally" by the Chinese) possibly; but nothing about anteaters.

What's next? Automobile tyres? Microsoft Windows? The Internet?
Retrocomputing -- It's not just a job, it's an adventure!
Jim
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Jim »

crfriend wrote: Sun Apr 26, 2020 9:08 pm aters in the current SARS-CoV-2 problem.

Bats, possibly (what species?); pangolins (rare, but used "medicinally" by the Chinese) possibly; but nothing about anteaters.
Pangolins are sometimes called "scaly anteaters". I expect this was what was meant.
weeladdie18
Member Extraordinaire

Post by weeladdie18 »

Thanks for your clarification gentlemen...There does seem to be some truth in the story....Perhaps as this was claimed to be
British Scientists reporting , we may find an official medical review in the near future...
It rather depends upon wether someone was engaged in experiments....or if there is an explicable natural reason for the virus
to develop...Maybe the change in the natural weather systems may have caused a bug to develop in an area of human habitation.
Down In my area there are miles of moorland , bogs and bat caves. Certain breeds of migrating birds are blown off course.
The Cornish Chough started breeding in Wales and Portugal.
There is a big area of Increased rooks or crows , with 50 nests high up in the trees .This will produce plenty of guano for micro organisms

Earlier in the twitchers had been tracking the sea bird migrating from Brazil to Lizard...Flight time 5 to 7 days..which indicated that with
the strong winds , the birds were making a fast flight time...

One species of bird is flying from its area 200 miles east of the lizard to the same patch of ground in India every year....
Something will then cause the bird to change its flight pattern.....All one observer is recording Is the birds which pass his location.
weeladdie18
Member Extraordinaire

Post by weeladdie18 »

I had to visit my bank in Penzance today....A cheaper trip as the Council have opened the barriers which are operated by bar coded ticket machines.
Usually plenty of grubby coins in the machines and plenty of buttons to press with sticky hands.
This in a fairly new system in Cornwall...The exit barrier does not rise if the relevant due has not been paid.

However I got involved with a mentally disturbed casualty who collapsed in the street...Another sad story.