Keeping the manhood from poking out

General discussion of skirt and kilt-based fashion for men, and stuff that goes with skirts and kilts.
crfriend
Master Barista

Re: Keeping the manhood from poking out

Post by crfriend »

Grok wrote: Fri Apr 03, 2020 4:51 pmA hoop? Is this a reference to a hoop skirt?
No, this is likely a reference to a skirt with a hoop in it which is an entirely different thing than a hoop skirt.
Retrocomputing -- It's not just a job, it's an adventure!
Big and Bashful
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Big and Bashful »

How is a skirt with a hoop different from a hoop skirt?

Don't take this the wrong way, there is no malice intended, how is "person of colour" better than "coloured person"?

I know a person who does dog walking/training for what seem to be classed as assistance dogs, Their own dog should really have been called an assistance dog for the Hard of farting! It's just re-arranging a word or two,

That'll do from me, apparently a person of confusion.
I am the God of Hellfire! and I bring you truffles!
Sinned
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Sinned »

The only type of skirt that I have problems with showing a bulge are bodycon and I don't have too many of them. Otherwise I don't worry about it.
I believe in offering every assistance short of actual help but then mainly just want to be left to be myself in all my difference and uniqueness.
victor1964
Member Extraordinaire

Post by victor1964 »

Have bulge and be proud. We are men after all.... :D
Grok
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Grok »

new2skirts wrote: Thu Apr 02, 2020 8:46 am 2. Looser styles like circle skirts, skaters or A-Line.

3. Wear a kilt! Sporrans cover the bulge, and kilts are widely accepted :wink:
This can work with a fairly narrow A-line. For example, the Macabi knee length.
r.m.anderson
Member Extraordinaire

Post by r.m.anderson »

Probably more noticeable with solid colors.
More so with lights pastels whites sheers.
Lessor so with tartans plaids corduroy denim.

Having a loose flowing waist line blends in.
Taut across the front reveals more.

Adding detailing such as belts may defect
the attention otherwise.

Mini-skirt may have less effect especially
with a wide hem (Think 'A' line).

Pencil skirt will require a high compression
underlayment to avoid - go back to the start
of thread - the multi belted skirt for a
radical approach for containment.

Simply if a female were wearing the skirt
and a bulge was present - what the hey ?
This is not expected !
But a male - business as usual ?
Without the bulge what is missing here ?
And of course in either of these events
a raised eyebrow or two is inevitable !

Go figure.

It is all in the eye of the beholder !
"YES SKIRTING MATTERS"!
"Kilt-On" -or- as the case may be "Skirt-On" !
WHY ?
Isn't wearing a kilt enough?
Well a skirt will do in a pinch!
Make mine short and don't you dare think of pinching there !
trdrl92

Post by trdrl92 »

Don’t wear anything skin-tight, like bodycon skirts. I don’t really like tight skirts for that exact problem. I have a black, knee-length pencil skirt that shows my bulge if I don’t cover it up, but the skirt is meant to be seen its entirety, so obviously I don’t wear it much. I prefer something like a pleated or a tartan miniskirt, something that flows down from the waist and is easy to move in. Even a denim miniskirt is fine, as the material is not as flattering so it looks and feels like you’re wearing jeans with the legs cut off.

If you are going to invest in skin-tight skirts, maybe you should also invest in a gaff. It is a specially designed undergarment that not only hides your package, but gives the illusion that you don’t have one. These can be a bit pricey, on the cheap end they can cost about $30 and up, each. If all else fails, and I highly DON’T recommend this, you can tape your soldier to your leg to prevent him from standing at attention when it’s not time for him to answer the call of duty. I‘ve never tried it, and again, I don’t recommend this, especially not if your soldier’s battlezone is... how do I put this... heavily forested.
nzfreestyler
Member Extraordinaire

Post by nzfreestyler »

I don't have any issues - I think its more about what styles you wear and your body type and shape

Like anything - dress to your figure.
Flared skirts will suit if you haven't got the hips and/or need to hide a larger ahem package there....
Tighter skirts look better if your body has a good hip shape obviously....but then across your front a skirt should be tighter in those styles.

there are skirts that have a B-line shape - not quite as flared as A line - or a skater/circle styles. Pleats would work well too... choose something that suits your personal shape.

cheers
NZF
Fred in Skirts
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Fred in Skirts »

I still don't see a problem if the manhood is showing... When I wore trousers I had several pairs that allowed the manhood to show. AND since I am not trying to pass as a woman what difference does it really make?? Some of my skirts show a bit but It does not stop me from wearing them or being out and about in public in them. I have not had problems or complaints when wearing them.

I am a MAN and I wear SKIRTS!! :D :D
"It is better to be hated for what you are than be loved for what you are not" Andre Gide: 1869 - 1951
Always be yourself because the people that matter don’t mind and the ones that mind don’t matter.
Sinned
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Sinned »

Fred, I'm with you completely.
I believe in offering every assistance short of actual help but then mainly just want to be left to be myself in all my difference and uniqueness.
beachlion
Member Extraordinaire
Location: 65 year The Hague, The Netherlands, then Allentown, PA, USA

Post by beachlion »

In the beginning, I was also a little worried about showing the bulge. Some unmentionables are better in suppressing it than others. I also tried to wear A-line skirts that are more forgiving. I made a few pencil skirts and tweaked the pattern a little to reduce the showing. One day I was walking in an A-line skirt against quite a breeze. The thin fabric followed my frontal contour rather strict. What can you do against nature? Since that day I don't care that much anymore but I also try not to promote it. So no Rolling Stone tricks with socks in the pants. ;)
All progress takes place outside the comfort zone - M J Bobak
Dust
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Dust »

I try to keep an eye out for skirts with a fly. The fly is great camouflage. I figure when skirts for men catch on, they will be made with a fly, just like men's pants.
moonshadow
Member Extraordinaire

Post by moonshadow »

Gussiedup wrote: Wed Apr 01, 2020 6:45 pm Hello all,

This is my first time posting, i have a technical question. How do you keep your manhood from creating a bulge in the skirt, especially thin ones?
If you are a little round in the middle (waist) you can wear the skirts a little high.

That's seems to remedy the issue with me.

Also some skirts fit tighter than others. Pencil skirts will show a bulge more so than a skirt of wider flare.

As for the comments of "not worrying about it" keep in mind some state laws forbid a man from showing any kind of bulge. Not sure if they are really enforced, but be aware nevertheless.
-Andrea
The old hillbilly from the coal fields of the Appalachian mountains currently living like there's no tomorrow on the west coast.
Fred in Skirts
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Fred in Skirts »

moonshadow wrote: Sun Jun 28, 2020 3:43 pm As for the comments of "not worrying about it" keep in mind some state laws forbid a man from showing any kind of bulge. Not sure if they are really enforced, but be aware nevertheless.
Moon having traveled across this great nation and having worn trous that did show a bulge I had no trouble at all. The only state that I could fine that had such a law was Indiana and it is not generally enforced.
If they are going to pass and enforce such laws then it should include women and their camel toes. Other wise it becomes sexual discrimination.
"It is better to be hated for what you are than be loved for what you are not" Andre Gide: 1869 - 1951
Always be yourself because the people that matter don’t mind and the ones that mind don’t matter.
partlyscot
Member Extraordinaire

Post by partlyscot »

nzfreestyler wrote: Sat Jun 27, 2020 2:09 am there are skirts that have a B-line shape - not quite as flared as A line - or a skater/circle styles. Pleats would work well too... choose something that suits your personal shape.

cheers
NZF
I was unaware of the term "B-Line" but on looking it up, it's one of my favorite styles.

IMO, it's sometimes difficult to make the bulge completely disappear, without restrictive under things, but in truth, it's usually no worse than with pants, but pants don't have a big expanse of cloth, so it becomes more noticeable. As long as you're not flaunting it, I haven't found it an issue.