Checked out

General discussion of skirt and kilt-based fashion for men, and stuff that goes with skirts and kilts.
hiddenheels

Checked out

Post by hiddenheels »

Hello... As I mentioned in my intro post, a few days ago I went out at night in a red plaid mini-skirt (my all-time favorite look), something like this [https://www.trashandvaudeville.com/medi ... _zoom1.jpg]. Black pantyhose, 4" stiletto heel boots, white T-shirt and black jacket. The look was simply amazing to me. The skirt very comfortable. It was my 4th time out in a skirt, 3 of which have been during the night-time.

It took a bit of effort to get out of the car, but I ended up walking around several blocks, including by a large road, for 30 minutes. It was dark, and I was stressed out of my mind for the first 5 minutes or so. Then I started relaxing and enjoying it. It was an amazing experience... During the walk, I was very conscious of the cars passing by. I did notice one car coming from behind, and kinda slowing down as it was approaching me. They didn't stop, but when they got close, they sped up and went on their way.

I might be misinterpreting the timing, but my guess is they saw me from behind, and thought I was a woman, but when they saw me from the side, with the stubble on my face, and obvious non-female look, they went on their way.

While I found the situation quite entertaining afterwards, and a bit of a confidence-booster, I can also imagine a situation where this could have led to some danger...?

Anyone have any similar experiences?
skirtyscot
Member Extraordinaire

Re: Checked out

Post by skirtyscot »

Hmm ... Let's see ...

It's dark. CHECK
You're in stilettos. CHECK
And a trashy (by its own admission) miniskirt. CHECK
And you're sauntering aimlessly round the streets. CHECK

The danger: getting arrested for soliciting! Or getting beaten up by a man who was hoping to be your customer?
Keep on skirting,

Alastair
Epiceneguy
Distinguished Member

Post by Epiceneguy »

I don't know why but I'm thinking that they must have thought that they'd entered Royston Vasey with Barbara the taxi driver, lol (sorry)
When life gives you lemons, slice them and put them into your G&T!
hiddenheels

Post by hiddenheels »

The outfit was sexy, but I wouldn't call it trashy (at least trashy brings up different images to my mind - I don't like trashy, but do like sexy). It was a residential neighboughood, with a school nearby and apartment buildings. A yell for help would have done the trick... I'm more thinking, is there possible danger of people (men to be specific) thinking "lets approach her", then finding out it's a guy, getting pissed, and doing something violent?

Has anyone ever had any reactions that were more violent than just a rude comment?
nzfreestyler
Member Extraordinaire

Post by nzfreestyler »

I've had my bum smacked on many occasions!
But I have never had any violet reactions - and I go anywhere/everywhere in skirts/dresses etc...
I do not try to impersonate a woman but I do wear more feminine styles, I have breasts which make many clothing choices easier and others harder, I do groom myself and wear high heels all the time.

I can imagine your situation well - I have been in that boat many times. I must say though nighttime is harder than daytime I found - even nowadays, years of wearing later I am still more confident in the daytime than at night. I think folk can get the wrong idea at nigth but during the day and early evening its fine.

cheers
NZF
Pdxfashionpioneer
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Pdxfashionpioneer »

Like NZ, for the last 5 years my default outfit is a dress and heels. The only time I have felt like I was at risk of physical danger was on a sunny, Sunday afternoon in broad daylight outside at a fairly busy shopping mall. While I was walking from one of the shops to my car, a car full of guys in their 20's kept driving back and forth in the parking lot to catcall me. About the time they stopped in front of my car while I was loading my purchases, I was a scared.

One of them even asked if I wanted him to come to my place to detail my car (It was a bright red, late-model sports car.). It took multiple 'No's!' to convince him I REALLY wasn't interested. Finally, they took off.

For me, the scariest part was I couldn't imagine what they wanted and had no idea on how to end it. I ignored them the whole time and it just kept up. In addition, there was 4 of them and one of me. And I was in heels. Worse yet, I hadn't seen Charlise Theron in Atomic Blond, so I didn't know how deadly a weapon a pair of spike heels can be.

It wouldn't have mattered, there were 4 of them and I only had 2 shoes.

All of that said, nationwide, an inordinate number of black, trans women are getting murdered. Why is unclear, but that statistic certainly suggests you want to exercise your street smarts when trotting around in a mini and heels.
David, the PDX Fashion Pioneer

Social norms aren't changed by Congress or Parliament; they're changed by a sufficient number of people ignoring the existing ones and publicly practicing new ones.
new2skirts
Member Extraordinaire

Post by new2skirts »

Pdxfashionpioneer wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 10:09 am ...
All of that said, nationwide, an inordinate number of black, trans women are getting murdered. Why is unclear, but that statistic certainly suggests you want to exercise your street smarts when trotting around in a mini and heels.
I think cultural expectations makes it even tougher for a man of colour to make such a change, people rant about emasulation of black men, and these murders may be part of some (wrongly) trying to stop this.

But going out at night does add an element of danger to things as apart from weirdos or people out to cause trouble, the likelihood of cops having a word increases, especially in the age of Corona Lockdowns. Daytime is better or driving to an area where no one knows you 8)
Formerly Kilty / Joe Public etc...