Hiking dresses and skirts Decent prices too

General discussion of skirt and kilt-based fashion for men, and stuff that goes with skirts and kilts.
Freedomforall
Member Extraordinaire

Hiking dresses and skirts Decent prices too

Post by Freedomforall »

I found this site over the weekend. They have hiking dresses and skirts. Some of the prices are fairly reasonable, others not so much.

https://www.ladyhike.com/products/red-r ... nner-dress
Sinned
Member Extraordinaire

Re: Hiking dresses and skirts Decent prices too

Post by Sinned »

A substantial portion of the inventory sold out too. Admittedly probably not made in vast quantities but impressive all the same. Some of the other dresses are nice.
I believe in offering every assistance short of actual help but then mainly just want to be left to be myself in all my difference and uniqueness.
Freedomforall
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Freedomforall »

Sinned wrote: Mon Mar 09, 2020 11:57 am A substantial portion of the inventory sold out too. Admittedly probably not made in vast quantities but impressive all the same. Some of the other dresses are nice.
I spoke to her. She is a very nice lady that started her small site in 2016. She has many male customers and extends her invitation to cafe members.
Grok
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Grok »

I had heard of such skirts for women, but this is the first time I have heard of hiking dresses.

You learn something new everyday. :D
r.m.anderson
Member Extraordinaire

Post by r.m.anderson »

Grok wrote: Wed Mar 11, 2020 2:13 am I had heard of such skirts for women, but this is the first time I have heard of hiking dresses.

You learn something new everyday. :D
but this is the first time I have heard of hiking dresses.

Hiking dresses nothing more than a skirt (hem - knee) length dress with a wide "A" line width for ease in hiking.
Obviously one does not strut his pencil dress hiking in a wilderness environment - as well an ankle length ballroom gown.
"YES SKIRTING MATTERS"!
"Kilt-On" -or- as the case may be "Skirt-On" !
WHY ?
Isn't wearing a kilt enough?
Well a skirt will do in a pinch!
Make mine short and don't you dare think of pinching there !
denimini
Member Extraordinaire

Post by denimini »

They look like good practical garments.
The Blue Jay Dress was good while it lasted at $18 (alas would be A$62 landed in Australia with exchange rate, postage and import charges) and would be even better in other colours; they could still call it the Blue Jay Dress* :)
I initially couldn't understand the advantage of built-in underwear in the Lady Hike Skirt; I didn't imagine one could lose underwear in a strong wind or fording a flooded river. Then I read: (link supplied as not to venure into forbidden territory on this forum)
https://www.ladyhike.com/products/petal ... -waistband
I wasn't brave enough to watch the video but seems like a leap for woman-kind.

* I am still inspired by "encounters of the silly kind" thread
Anthony, a denim miniskirt wearer in Outback Australia
Sinned
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Sinned »

I did watch the two videos and it was all very discretely done. Graphic, but discrete.
I believe in offering every assistance short of actual help but then mainly just want to be left to be myself in all my difference and uniqueness.
Freedomforall
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Freedomforall »

Sinned wrote: Wed Mar 11, 2020 12:08 pm I did watch the two videos and it was all very discretely done. Graphic, but discrete.
I have ordered two of the clearance dresses. It pays to email the lady and check inventory because they actually had one of the items in stock that was listed as out of stock.
SkirtedWalker

Post by SkirtedWalker »

Grok wrote: Wed Mar 11, 2020 2:13 am I had heard of such skirts for women, but this is the first time I have heard of hiking dresses.
I wear skirts when I hike, backpack, work around the house, and even into town running errands. I've tried many skirts for hiking and backpacking, and you can see my list and blog here: https://skirtedwalker.wordpress.com/skirt-kilt-list/

I am now trying hiking dresses. Just ordered my first dress - Icebreaker Cool-Lite Yanni Tank Midi dress. My next hiking dress will be from Purple Rain Skirts. Mandy Bland has just released a new dress that looks so cool and comfortable. Check out Purple Rain Skirts on Facebook, and see her March 4th picture of her hiking dress.
https://www.facebook.com/PurpleRainSkir ... =3&theater

73/gus
jimskirts

Post by jimskirts »

I just got the day dress and it’s pretty nice with good pockets and fit. Selection is a little limited but a well made dress
Referring to ladyhike dresses
Grok
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Grok »

Looking forward to some reviews.