Would some cloth labels help?

General discussion of skirt and kilt-based fashion for men, and stuff that goes with skirts and kilts.
Coder
Member Extraordinaire

Would some cloth labels help?

Post by Coder »

I’m totally not being serious, but sort of am. Think of this as a *silly* ideas thread of how to build awareness.

If someone started selling cloth labels with a waist measurement (in inches and cm) and “Mens”, would you bother sewing it into your skirts?

Or, in a devious fashion, before donating skirts to charity, swap the labels out with a new tag?

Just asking! It would be a lot of work, no one would even see them, but it might cause some people to rethink things a bis as they peruse the racks. Or when you take your clothes to the dry cleaners, it might cause a bit of a stir. If the assistant paid enough attention they might put them on the mens rack.

I suppose one could take this further - grab some skirts from the women’s section of a store and put them in the men’s section, with a fake sign saying “new! Men’s skirts!”. It would take planning, and would need instagram or twitter exposure for it to have any impact. Plus a gullible reporter to believe it was true (google drop bears tv interview). You could even hint to the store manager that if they denied it they weren’t being sufficiently woke.

Anyhow - sometimes - well maybe most of the time - I try not to take things seriously, and I hope no one takes this thread seriously either.
oldsalt1
Member Extraordinaire

Re: Would some cloth labels help?

Post by oldsalt1 »

coder are you trying to take the fear out of buying ladies wear that's easy just use a marker or cut the label WOMENS WEAR just black out the WO or cut it off ……. WO <> MENS WEAR :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Coder
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Coder »

oldsalt1 wrote: Sun Mar 08, 2020 2:36 pm coder are you trying to take the fear out of buying ladies wear that's easy just use a marker or cut the label WOMENS WEAR just black out the WO or cut it off ……. WO <> MENS WEAR :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Nah, just having a bit of fun, not being serious. At least, the suggestion seemed funny when I posted it.
denimini
Member Extraordinaire

Post by denimini »

Yes, send me a few dozen. I have often thought of putting skirts that don't fit me on eBay .......... in the menswear section .......... for fun :)
Anthony, a denim miniskirt wearer in Outback Australia
Newtothis

Post by Newtothis »

Buy them replace the tag then return them 🤣