Swiiming test

General discussion of skirt and kilt-based fashion for men, and stuff that goes with skirts and kilts.
Fred in Skirts
Member Extraordinaire

Re: Swiiming test

Post by Fred in Skirts »

Why were having to do a swimming test??
Are you a first responder or rescue person??
"It is better to be hated for what you are than be loved for what you are not" Andre Gide: 1869 - 1951
Always be yourself because the people that matter don’t mind and the ones that mind don’t matter.
Gusto10
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Gusto10 »

I guess that you, DutchRobert, are new here, welcome to the club. Maybe an intro story under the new members section could be an idea.
Kirbstone
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Kirbstone »

Hi Dutch Robert,

Welcome. No, I have never swum in a skirt. Last time I swam in the Netherlands was on a fine September day not far from Enkhuizen on the Ijsselmeer when I was on board an old gaffer barge with my old German Shanty-choir. Our skipper hove to and trailed lines aft, maintaining about half a Knot of forward speed. Most of us went over board and swam in the 20 degree warm water, hitching a ride holding on to the trailing warps, which was fun.

On the following afternoon he came to a total stop and we most of us swam right round the ship. Murky water though, not like the clear Mediterranean.

Tom
Carpe Diem......Seize the Day !