Swiiming test

General discussion of skirt and kilt-based fashion for men, and stuff that goes with skirts and kilts.
DutchRobert

Swiiming test

Post by DutchRobert »

Hi,

Last week i had to do a swimming test. On part of the test contained swimming with clothes on. At the pool they know i ofter wear skirts so no one was surrised for my choose for a long (has to be long) denim skirt for this test instead off jeans. i was not more difficult than swimming in my jeans!

Robin

Fred in Skirts
Member Extraordinaire

Re: Swiiming test

Post by Fred in Skirts »

Why were having to do a swimming test??
Are you a first responder or rescue person??
Fred :kiltdance:

"The universal aptitude for ineptitude makes any human accomplishment an incredible miracle."

"It is better to be hated for what you are than be loved for what you are not" Andre Gide: 1869 - 1951

DutchRobert

Post by DutchRobert »

In the Netherlands swimming lessons are quite common. Almost every kid is learned how to swim. The main reason: to prevend drowning (we have many cans here in this country). The first tesst are based on the fact "how to save yourself when you fall into the water". Getting used to swim with your clothes on is a part of is.
As an auldt I just take a swim for my condition, but somethimes they haveat the club one (or more) lessons about rescue swimming, the one who are interested can take part of it. Last lesson was one like that, and I decided for a skirt.

Gusto10
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Gusto10 »

I guess that you, DutchRobert, are new here, welcome to the club. Maybe an intro story under the new members section could be an idea.

Kirbstone
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Kirbstone »

Hi Dutch Robert,

Welcome. No, I have never swum in a skirt. Last time I swam in the Netherlands was on a fine September day not far from Enkhuizen on the Ijsselmeer when I was on board an old gaffer barge with my old German Shanty-choir. Our skipper hove to and trailed lines aft, maintaining about half a Knot of forward speed. Most of us went over board and swam in the 20 degree warm water, hitching a ride holding on to the trailing warps, which was fun.

On the following afternoon he came to a total stop and we most of us swam right round the ship. Murky water though, not like the clear Mediterranean.

Tom
Carpe Diem......Seize the Day !