Dirty Work in a Skirt

General discussion of skirt and kilt-based fashion for men, and stuff that goes with skirts and kilts.
Skaterswaltz

Re: Dirty Work in a Skirt

Post by Skaterswaltz »

This is a real shame. It's harmless and you really enjoy doing it, like we all do. Have you spoken to your wife about it?
denimini
Member Extraordinaire

Post by denimini »

It is a shame when a partner does not enjoy the same enthusiasm about something, but it must be 100 times worse when they are really against it.
mishawakaskirt wrote: Fri Jun 18, 2021 6:44 pm Trousers seem more appropriate for dirty work abuse. Especially if harm can come to ones legs.
Trousers are a lot more material to wash than a mini skirt .......... water, energy and detergent saving on the environment (A bit of post-rationalisation). Trade off is one has to wash one's legs more in the shower, particularly the knees I find.
I have got a few cuts and scratches to my legs but they self heal fairly quickly. If I was wearing trousers there would be holes and tears in them which I won't mend and still may have injured my leg anyway.
The greatest advantage is the freedom of movement a skirt gives, I am used to working in a skirt and when I wear trousers for some reason I can feel the friction of the material binding on my knees and butt as I am climbing on the scaffold and excercising full articulation of the aging joints.
Anthony, a denim miniskirt wearer in Outback Australia
geron
Member Extraordinaire

Post by geron »

denimini wrote: Sat Jun 19, 2021 10:58 am The greatest advantage is the freedom of movement a skirt gives, I am used to working in a skirt and when I wear trousers for some reason I can feel the friction of the material binding on my knees and butt as I am climbing on the scaffold and excercising full articulation of the aging joints.
I can confirm this. My wife and I like going for long walks, although I often struggle to keep up with her brisk pace. But in a skirt, my speed (as measured by fitness tracker) increases by about 10 per cent -- which I put down to reduced friction and improved cooling. She certainly notices the difference. When I first started showing an interest in kilts/skirts a few years ago, she tolerated them with a certain reluctance. Now, she has sometimes asked me to put a skirt on when I wasn't intending to.
moonshadow
Member Extraordinaire

Post by moonshadow »

Man that car lift is shhhlick!
-Andrea
The old hillbilly from the coal fields of the Appalachian mountains currently living like there's no tomorrow on the west coast.
Jim
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Jim »

I do my dirty work in skirts. I used a tee-shirt dress for painting but for garden work (when conditions require clothing of some kind) I'll wear a skirt, quite short during hot weather, but up to calf-length when it's cool.
SkirtsDad
Member Extraordinaire

Post by SkirtsDad »

denimini wrote: Sat Jun 19, 2021 10:58 amTrade off is one has to wash one's legs more in the shower, particularly the knees I find.
I have got a few cuts and scratches to my legs but they self heal fairly quickly. If I was wearing trousers there would be holes and tears in them which I won't mend and still may have injured my leg anyway.
The greatest advantage is the freedom of movement a skirt gives, I am used to working in a skirt and when I wear trousers for some reason I can feel the friction of the material binding on my knees and butt as I am climbing on the scaffold and excercising full articulation of the aging joints.
Yes, I think lack of leg protection is the main downside, but that would also be the same for shorts. Too often I've ended up getting scratched when clearing brambles from my garden.

This was me a few weeks ago just about to concrete in some decking posts round at a friends house.... skirted as always :-)

Cementbagcarry.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Sinned
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Sinned »

SD, we're not used to seeing such a long skirt on you. :lol:

BTW, a bit late I know, but have you heard of Postcrete, a cement mix ideal for the base for posts. Dig the hole, fill the hole with water, put the post in ensuring verticality, pour in the powder and level off. No mixing. Simples.
I believe in offering every assistance short of actual help but then mainly just want to be left to be myself in all my difference and uniqueness.
SkirtsDad
Member Extraordinaire

Post by SkirtsDad »

Sinned wrote: Sun Jun 20, 2021 10:19 am SD, we're not used to seeing such a long skirt on you. :lol:

BTW, a bit late I know, but have you heard of Postcrete, a cement mix ideal for the base for posts. Dig the hole, fill the hole with water, put the post in ensuring verticality, pour in the powder and level off. No mixing. Simples.
I recently discovered it (just in time) and it worked a treat.
postfixing.jpg
My more usual length skirt :-)

IMG-20210511-WA0013.jpg
And another!

d5s.jpg
d4s.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
greenboots
Member Extraordinaire

Post by greenboots »

That’s quite some length! 😮

(The piles, not the skirt 🤣)
Coder
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Coder »

We are putting in hardwood and tile floors (replacing carpet and linoleum) and to save some money on the install I'm doing the teardown. I wanted to do the install, but at my usual pace it would take - checks calendar - two years.

Whilst family was out, I spent some quality skirted time carefully tearing off all the baseboard. I wore one with a bit of stretch and an a-line shape.
Ozdelights
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Ozdelights »

Well done. I'm doing a lot of work around home and find a skirt to be very comfortable for the movement required.
dressedbrewer

Post by dressedbrewer »

Agree, skirts have great movement when doing dirty work, except long skirts when getting in and out of a bath to install a shower.
Uncle Al

Post by Uncle Al »

Skirts are a great 'catch-all' if you drop something :D

Uncle Al
:mrgreen: :ugeek: :mrgreen:
Kilted Organist/Musician
Grand Musician of the Grand Lodge, I.O.O.F. of Texas 2008-2009, 2015-2016,
2018-202 ? (and the beat goes on ;) )
When asked 'Why the Kilt?'
I respond-The why is F.T.H.O.I. (For The H--- Of It)