Slip Shorts

General discussion of skirt and kilt-based fashion for men, and stuff that goes with skirts and kilts.
Happy-N-Skirts
Member Extraordinaire

Slip Shorts

Post by Happy-N-Skirts »

This is especially for those who like to hike or walk a lot: There have been times when my inner thighs have been sore from rubbing on long walks or hikes. I have read up on what to do about it on back packing web sites and articles. Most recommend applying lotion or petroleum jelly.

I discovered "slip shorts" that resemble a short slip with legs rather than a skirt. There are various brands and they may go by different names. The ones that I bought were made by Fruit of the Loom and are longer than underwear and have an elastic waist. They are perfect for what I was hoping to find.

Choice B are made by Nike and are thin and loose "bike shorts." I didn't want something that would be like tights or leggings. I like both kinds but prefer the lighter weight slip shorts.

The cost of the slip shorts are much lower than the bicycle shorts. I think I bought a package of four for around $12 from Amazon and they arrived in two days. The bicycle shorts were about $20 for one pair.

Now I don't have a problem with "Chub Rub."
Coder
Member Extraordinaire

Re: Slip Shorts

Post by Coder »

Wow, this reminds me of a reason a woman gave me for NOT wearing skirts, as my choice to wear skirts had perplexed her (especially when I said I did not want to become a woman :P).

But are slip shorts supposed to go under pants? That is, is this a problem with pants, as well as hiking skirts, or just skirts?
crfriend
Master Barista

Post by crfriend »

Coder wrote: Mon Feb 03, 2020 12:01 amWow, this reminds me of a reason a woman gave me for NOT wearing skirts, as my choice to wear skirts had perplexed her (especially when I said I did not want to become a woman :P).
Beware of the "reasons" why women are abandoning skirts. Frequently the "reasons" are based on faulty memories, "feminist" dogma, or discomfort with styles that are increasingly alien even to women. Skirts can work very well on both sexes and look quite good.
But are slip shorts supposed to go under pants? That is, is this a problem with pants, as well as hiking skirts, or just skirts?
From a practical perspective (read, "from the engineer's mind") these sorts of things are only useful under skirts -- and for folks with what we'll charitably call "chubby thighs". At issue is skin rubbing against skin, and trousers obviate that due to the inseams. With skirts, however, it can be a problem, and there are various garments, treatments, and outright snake-oil that promise to relieve the problem. Nobody hears about guys cursing the problem, mainly because so few guys wear skirts, but it is an issue to the "larger" gals.

The answer for "larger" guys who suffer from it is, obviously, shared with the solution for "larger" gals who do, and there's no shame in this. It's an engineering solution to a particular problem, and it's not gender-specific.
Retrocomputing -- It's not just a job, it's an adventure!
Coder
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Coder »

Thanks for the clarification - I suspected as much, but I’m not a hiker so I don’t know all the hiker-specific gear.