Which side is the front?

General discussion of skirt and kilt-based fashion for men, and stuff that goes with skirts and kilts.
beachlion
Member Extraordinaire
Location: 65 year The Hague, The Netherlands, then Allentown, PA, USA

Re: Which side is the front?

Post by beachlion »

Coder wrote: Tue Jan 28, 2020 6:16 pm
beachlion wrote: Tue Jan 28, 2020 5:49 pm
Coder wrote: Tue Jan 28, 2020 5:14 pm Not to change topics but - what’s up with skirts that have snap buttons in the front all the way, but no locking tab at the top? Seems like one would be inviting disaster?
If you are afraid of that disaster, add some secure closing yourself. Otherwise enjoy the fast removal of that skirt if you are in a hurry.
I have two like this, it’s on my list for sure before I actually use them... but what are manufacturers thinking????
Are you sure there is no additional fastner? Sometimes those little hooks and eyes are difficult to see.

And speaking of not knowing what is front or rear: I had the same problem yesterday. At a new Goodwill store in Allentown, I bought two skirts. One had a jeans type zipper in front but the other was different. With the label at the back, it had the zipper at the left. The distance between waist and hem was the same all around. There were four (non-functional) buttons sewn to the waistband and below that there was a short pleat at the hem.

I turned the skirt around at my waist and in the mirror I could see that the skirt fitted best with the label at the back. The only strange thing is the zipper at the left. Just for the record: it has a tiny hook and eye, barely visible.
All progress takes place outside the comfort zone - M J Bobak
Uncle Al

Post by Uncle Al »

beachlion wrote: Tue Jan 28, 2020 6:45 pmI turned the skirt around at my waist and in the mirror I could see that the skirt fit best with the label at the back. The only strange thing is the zipper at the left. Just for the record: it has a tiny hook and eye, barely visible.
This is normal. 90% of my skirts are this way. I don't have any with the zip in the back.

Uncle Al
:mrgreen: :ugeek: :mrgreen:
Kilted Organist/Musician
Grand Musician of the Grand Lodge, I.O.O.F. of Texas 2008-2009, 2015-2016,
2018-202 ? (and the beat goes on ;) )
When asked 'Why the Kilt?'
I respond-The why is F.T.H.O.I. (For The H--- Of It)
nzfreestyler
Member Extraordinaire

Post by nzfreestyler »

beachlion wrote: Tue Jan 28, 2020 6:45 pm I turned the skirt around at my waist and in the mirror I could see that the skirt fitted best with the label at the back. The only strange thing is the zipper at the left. Just for the record: it has a tiny hook and eye, barely visible.
most of my skirts are rear zipper, just like most dresses I wear. The rest of my skirts are all left side zip except for 1 or 2 front zipping - but they are denim miniskirts. All my fitted skirts are left side or back zippers.

cheers
NZF