Ran across a "unisex" skirt at Nordstrom

General discussion of skirt and kilt-based fashion for men, and stuff that goes with skirts and kilts.
Coder
Member Extraordinaire

Ran across a "unisex" skirt at Nordstrom

Post by Coder »

https://m.shop.nordstrom.com/c/pop-in-o ... _p99_guide

It has some high-minded statements like, "There's a future where what you wear is whatever you want". My take: Yeah, but maybe something that doesn't look ridiculous? And doesn't cost an obscene amount of money? I mean, I don't think my opinion counts a ton, but these unisex fashions always look awful.

This was the listing I had originally come across:

https://shop.nordstrom.com/s/eileen-fis ... olor=black

One of the pictures show a dude wearing it over a pair of pants (ick) but the other thing is under the size drop-down, it only lists "Women's" size equivalents. Not really unisex. I emailed them about this oversight - LOL - they probably won't fix it.

Oh, and $198 for a piece of shapeless cloth??? Or just that cost in general.
crfriend
Master Barista

Re: Ran across a "unisex" skirt at Nordstrom

Post by crfriend »

Coder wrote: Sun Jan 26, 2020 2:51 pmI don't think my opinion counts a ton, but these unisex fashions always look awful.
Your opinion counts just as much as the next guy's does.

As far as "unisex" goes, recall that it's a codeword for turning women into ersatz men, not about expanding men's range or freedom of expression. The silly-looking stuff is not going to catch on with the general public, so it's frequently best to just ignore it.

As for the price, recall that you were looking at Nordstrom's...
Retrocomputing -- It's not just a job, it's an adventure!
Coder
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Coder »

crfriend wrote: Sun Jan 26, 2020 3:32 pm As for the price, recall that you were looking at Nordstrom's...
Yeah, and I don’t even shop there - I had a web ad that was zoolanderesque and I just had to click on it!
crfriend
Master Barista

Post by crfriend »

Coder wrote: Sun Jan 26, 2020 3:52 pmI had a web ad that was zoolanderesque and I just had to click on it!
Now there's a term you don't hear every day...
Retrocomputing -- It's not just a job, it's an adventure!