Pants Shock Horror

General discussion of skirt and kilt-based fashion for men, and stuff that goes with skirts and kilts.
denimini
Member Extraordinaire

Pants Shock Horror

Post by denimini »

I usually wear pants on one day a week when I am a voluntary editor of the local newspaper. I should wear braces over my shirt as well to conform to the stereotype. Being a voluntary organisation we take a summer break for 2 months (unlike Carl here).
We had our first meeting for the year yesterday and I put on pants for the first time in 2 months ........ Yuk! A pair of lightweight denim jeans, not tight on the legs, but hell they seemed uncomfortable with fabric dragging over my knees as I walked and no ventilation. I had got so used to skirts that I had forgotten how much better they are to wear.
I can not understand so many women wanting to wear pants ............. in summer!
Anthony, a denim miniskirt wearer in Outback Australia
nzfreestyler
Member Extraordinaire

Re: Pants Shock Horror

Post by nzfreestyler »

I'm with you on that one!
I never wear pants in summer, short shorts or a skirt only.
Even in winter I'd choose a skirt over pants - mind you it doesn't get that cold here in winter.

our summer here is cooler than yours and I'd hate to wear pants - skirt and mules/low vamp shoes of some sort is nice!!

cheers
NZF
partlyscot
Member Extraordinaire

Post by partlyscot »

Tomorrow is inventory day. I will probably be spending a fair bit of time on ladders, or crawling under low shelves. It's typically a boring and dirty day. I'm thinking it might not make too much sense to go skirted, but yuck! Pants?

Think I'll go with a skirt that will take a bit of abuse and not show the dirt, and black stretch shorts under.
nzfreestyler
Member Extraordinaire

Post by nzfreestyler »

If I need to go up a ladder more than a step or two I jump into a pair of overalls/coveralls as you yanks call 'em (I think) - I just keep my skirt on and step in and dome them up - they're like a bib front overall/coverall. Looks stupid with pointy toe shoes poking out the front of the big baggy legs but - its ok for a short time.
denimini
Member Extraordinaire

Post by denimini »

I have been up ladders and on a roof alot this summer, all in a mini skirt. I have tested with a camera on the ground and it is amazing how much you can NOT see wearing a 12.5" mini.
viewtopic.php?p=208232#p208232
I did get caught out: I had one sheet of iron to screw down to finish the job but it was a hot day so I told the lady
"Don't worry if you hear someone on the roof later as I will come back to fix the roof when the sun gets lower."
At the end of a hot day I take a shower and slip into something cool and comfortable, on this occasion a 10" pleated micro and singlet top. Not wanting to change back into working clothes I thought that I could finish the job without anyone seeing me at that time of day. The sheet of iron was reluctant to slip in under the fixed ones and I was struggling, kneeling, squatting and quietly cursing to get it in. I heard something at ground level and it was the lady coming back from watering her garden. I don't know how much she would have seen of my underwear.
Anthony, a denim miniskirt wearer in Outback Australia
Fred in Skirts
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Fred in Skirts »

Wearing the forbidden subject under a short skirt is almost mandatory for just such times. I do not like to go commando while wearing any skirt, I am just not comfortable without the unmentionable garments on.
"It is better to be hated for what you are than be loved for what you are not" Andre Gide: 1869 - 1951
Always be yourself because the people that matter don’t mind and the ones that mind don’t matter.
partlyscot
Member Extraordinaire

Post by partlyscot »

denimini wrote: Sun Jan 26, 2020 6:20 am I have been up ladders and on a roof alot this summer, all in a mini skirt. I have tested with a camera on the ground and it is amazing how much you can NOT see wearing a 12.5" mini.
viewtopic.php?p=208232#p208232
I did get caught out: I had one sheet of iron to screw down to finish the job but it was a hot day so I told the lady
"Don't worry if you hear someone on the roof later as I will come back to fix the roof when the sun gets lower."
At the end of a hot day I take a shower and slip into something cool and comfortable, on this occasion a 10" pleated micro and singlet top. Not wanting to change back into working clothes I thought that I could finish the job without anyone seeing me at that time of day. The sheet of iron was reluctant to slip in under the fixed ones and I was struggling, kneeling, squatting and quietly cursing to get it in. I heard something at ground level and it was the lady coming back from watering her garden. I don't know how much she would have seen of my underwear.
My problem is that whoever I'm partnered with is likely to be standing right alongside the ladder. However, most times, I'll only be 2 or 3 feet up the ladder. The few times I have to go higher, we can switch.