Nice positive kilty vid on youtube

General discussion of skirt and kilt-based fashion for men, and stuff that goes with skirts and kilts.
Big and Bashful
Member Extraordinaire

Nice positive kilty vid on youtube

Post by Big and Bashful »

Just spotted this here video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ll1Fx4QemCU

Enjoy! or not, as the case may be.
I am the God of Hellfire! and I bring you truffles!
melsav
Member Extraordinaire

Re: Nice positive kilty vid on youtube

Post by melsav »

All the reasons he gave for wearing a kilt also go`s for wearing a skirt.
Big and Bashful
Member Extraordinaire

melsav wrote: Fri Dec 27, 2019 6:52 am All the reasons he gave for wearing a kilt also go`s for wearing a skirt.
Totally true! much as I like the kilt, mine gets worn maybe once every two years, mainly because the belt is very tight, feels like a corset!( I guess). Skirts, whether around the gut or doing the "underhang" ugly fit, are much easier to wear. I really need to lose some, well, a lot, of weight.
STEVIE
Member Extraordinaire

Post by STEVIE »

Positive for the Kilt but not entirely advisable for the Scottish hills in winter.
In dry cold weather ok but when it is wet and windy some back up would be required.
It would be interesting to get an opinion from a mountain rescue team on the subject.
I didn't watch the whole clip so if this came up, I apologise in advance.
Steve
Big and Bashful
Member Extraordinaire

STEVIE wrote: Sun Dec 29, 2019 2:59 pm Positive for the Kilt but not entirely advisable for the Scottish hills in winter.
In dry cold weather ok but when it is wet and windy some back up would be required.
It would be interesting to get an opinion from a mountain rescue team on the subject.
I didn't watch the whole clip so if this came up, I apologise in advance.
Steve
Lets face it, a kilt isn't suitable for wearing in Scotland! Wear a large amount of super absorbent and heavy wool, take a land, add lots and lots of cold wet rain. The weight of the kilt increases greatly, you sink into your local peat bog and are never seen again!
Take the aformentioned excessively heavy garment, wear it, miracle of miracles, the rain stops, to build up energy ready for the next downpour, what happens? All manner of wee winged beasties grab a chance to have a wee flutter. You may be wandering around with a traditional amount of nethers exposed to the atmosphere, winged biting things and stinging things plus vulnerable nethers is not a good combination! Even when being less than traditional, there is a lot of flesh that could be better covered! Then there is the wind, I have been at work looking at a windymometer showing in excess of 55 knots for the hour I watched it without dropping at all, don't know what the windspeed was because that was the maximum that meter could display. How well does a kilt fare in a wind like that? well there is a lot of wool, it is pleated, it does what it wants, unless you have 9 hands to try and control it with!
In West coast good weather (only light drizzle!) the kilt slowly gets heavier as it ingests passing precipitation.
Oh yes, and when it is cold, instead of winged biting beasts, there is the cold air to wake you up, hmm, kilts? Scotland? a match made in heaven? not totally sure!
STEVIE
Member Extraordinaire

Post by STEVIE »

Had you not noticed the Scots are generally dour sods?
That comes from climate, religion and clothing.
Steve.